Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

Re: How's business this year?
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 09:03:41 pm »
Case of having to now innit Dean lol

robertphil

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 09:15:37 pm »
im busy as ever . however iv gotta be as with 3 staff theres no chance of having an easy week or it costs dearly
  iv drifted in to getting big nursing home  jobs that i never imagined getting in 2012,these are gruelling  but good money

bobplum

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 09:21:11 pm »
the rate im going i may have to pay tax at some point  ;D

you still on the disability as well :D

Archer

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 11:38:05 pm »

Fingers crossed,

work increasing constantly, just keep doing a good job and the work comes to you at some point.

supernova77

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 11:53:26 pm »
Had 300 window customers this time last year. Only got 125 now. Sold a load cos I was too busy with other projects. Turnover is up, profits are down due to reinvestment. It's all gravy though, I'm more than happy.

Solar,

You should get your website fixed...

Andy

Ian101

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 06:12:52 am »
the rate im going i may have to pay tax at some point  ;D

you still on the disability as well :D

yep get it for being ugly so that will never change  ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 07:48:18 am »
I have nearly doubled my earnings this time 2 years ago. Never done so well or earnt as much as i am now, i have you guys on this forum to thank for that for the advice and drive everyone has, otherwise id be stuck on 100 customers working off a crumbly old ladder, never working in the rain or trying to gain customers worried about all my debt with constant arguing with the mrs over money worries.

8weekly

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 07:56:00 am »
I have nearly doubled my earnings this time 2 years ago. Never done so well or earnt as much as i am now, i have you guys on this forum to thank for that for the advice and drive everyone has, otherwise id be stuck on 100 customers working off a crumbly old ladder, never working in the rain or trying to gain customers worried about all my debt with constant arguing with the mrs over money worries.
That's brilliant Mick.

mick hay

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 08:11:40 am »
My window round stays at it is really. Got rid of the messers ages ago and have a great round, all been with me 5 yrs + (apart from new custies via recommendation), so rely on that for my bread and butter earnings.

This year put a lot into add ons. Wish i had years ago. The last 2 months my turnover has more than doubled, even working the odd Saturday which i promised i would never do.

Move with the times lads, dont be blinkered by just doing windows!!!

Carl2009

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 08:23:48 am »
Nice one Mick.

I too am "up" compared with a couple of years ago (if we are talking revenue), but as I started out in 2009 that would only to be expected. It's not revenue (turnover) that i'm looking at, nor margin (which is improving year on year - average clean value up £1 since last year).

I was more concerned with looking at the number of customers I have and looking at trends. I should point out that I am 99% domestic. I produce graphs to monitor custie numbers, projected revenue and custies won/lost in the month. This way I can see trends, which helps with planning. For me for the first time I've seen a trend to losing custies rather than gaining.
Actually that's wrong - we all lose custies from deaths, moves, we bin them, the recession - any number of reasons - but this is the first time I've seen more losses than gains - usually there are more new custies than lost custies.

The number I've lost in the last year is broadly the same as the year before, it's just that this year there have been far fewer replacements from new business and it was this point that I was interested in and which prompted me to set out the OP wondering if the recession and government cuts are really starting to bite and persuade people to cut back on luxuries?

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 07:29:31 pm »
So far this year

Lost £100 in low value monthly work
Dumped £50 in crap work / payers
Picked up £600-700 in good work, mainly commercial.

Done no advertising for a year, all work has either come through my website / word of mouth / people seeing me on the ground
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Dean Taberner

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 08:15:24 pm »
Case of having to now innit Dean lol

I'm not much for it Matt.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 10:31:44 pm »
Not according to your FB page. How did JUssa get on the other day?