Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AquaMagic

Curtains?
« on: February 27, 2006, 01:25:54 pm »
Hello there, im looking at adding Curtain Cleaning to the list of servies i offer. Im told HWE is fine in some cases but wondered if anyone could recommned a good machine/system for cleaning curtains?

Many thanks

Dene

cornserv

Re: Curtains?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 12:45:59 pm »
If you are planning to clean curtains with HWE then I strongly suggest that you double check your treatments risk insurance, because you'll most likely have to  replace most if not all of the curtains you clean.

I recommend that you attend an IICRC curtain cleaning course. You will then know exactly how to clean curtains and minimise the risks. 

fibresafe

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 01:10:19 pm »
Dene,

Curtain cleaning can be very high risk - you need to do a shrinkage test before any  type of wet cleaning. Even dry cleaned curtains can shrink.

AquaMagic

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 08:14:40 pm »
Hello there, im not planning to use HWE to cleaning the curtains, hense the request for suggestions (just heard it was possible), just finished the NCCA course so im failry sure i could manage a dye bleed test, not sure how i would go about a shrink test though (perhap someone could explain), i was under the impression that low moisture systems or steam systems were best for curtains which would minimise the risk of shrinkage, i just hoped someone may have done this before and could offer advise, im a strong believer that just because something is hard or risky it doesn mean i shouldn't have a go, afterall if everyone else is giving it a wide berth then maybee there is an untapped market out there.  Thanks however for the advise and caveats.

Dene

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 10:00:46 pm »
Beware

I cleaned a pair of curtains along with the customers suite and carpets.

No problems i thought, then six months later i happened to walk into his post office. "Was your wife pleased with the job after," i enquired, yes he said apart from the curtains. The front part shrunk leaving the lining on the back longer than the front.

I asked if i could replae them, but he said it was okay as they let the seam down.
Now i never clean curains and have only been asked about three times.

Another customer told me the one day that his mrs spent £4000 on all her curtains. Imagine replacing all this lot.

Dave

Kev Loomes

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 09:06:49 pm »
Dry clean, dry clean, dry clean = no problem! ;D

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 09:16:34 pm »
Thought about Extracta Spirit 2, but didn,t want the hassle.

Dave