This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M & C Window Cleaning

Brush contaminated with Pigeon repellent
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:53:54 am »
Has anyone gotten a WFP brush contaminated with bird repellent gel and managed to successfully clean it and if so what did you use?

I got a tiny bit on my Superlite Extreme brush today and fortunately noticed it before I cleaned any more windows and swapped the brush for an old one. This gel is extremely gooey stuff and so far I have found nothing that will dissolve it. So far my efforts have only succeeded in spreading it further into the bristles. I don't want to have to give up on the brush unless I have to, so if anyone has had this problem and succeeded in cleaning their brush I'd love to know how you did it.

Best wishes to all.

davids3511

Re: Brush contaminated with Pigeon repellent
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 07:14:08 am »
Has anyone gotten a WFP brush contaminated with bird repellent gel and managed to successfully clean it and if so what did you use?

I got a tiny bit on my Superlite Extreme brush today and fortunately noticed it before I cleaned any more windows and swapped the brush for an old one. This gel is extremely gooey stuff and so far I have found nothing that will dissolve it. So far my efforts have only succeeded in spreading it further into the bristles. I don't want to have to give up on the brush unless I have to, so if anyone has had this problem and succeeded in cleaning their brush I'd love to know how you did it.

Best wishes to all.
May not be much help but I got grease on mine a few weeks ago. I soaked it in PVC solvent cleaner and that did the job.

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 07:22:27 am »
Fowl stuff.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 07:30:36 am »
Fowl stuff.
your on one this morning young un ;D ;D ;D ;D

SPE

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 08:47:23 am »
new one on me (never heard or encountered the stuff before)
perhaps an abrasive degreaser like swarfega ?

PoleKing

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 09:43:50 am »
TFR!
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 10:09:58 pm »
I've not had much time to check my post since I put it up. Thanks for your replies.

I'm surprised no one else has come across this disgusting stuff. It is indeed 'fowl' stuff

I've found a solution just in case anyone else has the same problem.

I don't have any TFR, however, a friend suggested carpet cleaning solution.

I had some 'Rug doctor' solution so I soaked it in that which did seem to get rid of most of it with some effort to work it right into the bristles. After rinsing it out I then soaked it in a strong hot solution of washing powder and water for about an hour again after working it right in. After rinsing it out and letting it dry it appears to have gotten it all out. It's nice clean and dry with no sticky residue.

So watch out for those little pots of bird repellent gunk. If you get even the smallest amount on a brush and are not carrying a spare pole or brush you won't be doing much more work that day unless you cut out the contaminated brisles