Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Mr H are you still here?
« on: June 09, 2013, 07:41:18 pm »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=51156.0

Trying to source some more hose support clamps for the 'u' bend. Anyone know a supplier?

Mr H

Re: Mr H are you still here?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 07:53:13 pm »
Places like Wicks sell them. I actually now use a bendy blue sectioned top piece for getting in to gutters as found the cross bar sometimes got in the way. Put a piece of tubing through the blue section and it will last even longer. Its the same as Guttervac use with their systems. Got mine from Varitech in Newton Abbot who also supply different nozzles too.

Regards
Mr H

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 08:05:44 pm »
Thanks for that I'll have another root around the internet.
I've always used the bar and clamps without a problem really except the one that clamps the nozzle is a bit too big and the rubber has perished over the years.

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 08:15:46 pm »
Any idea what those clamps are called? Having trouble finding them. Ta

Mr H

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 08:24:09 pm »
I can't remember the correct name for them.... I'm sure they were for holding pipes and tubing to walls.

Mr H

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 10:38:48 am »
Thanks DaveG.... Glad someone knows what they are talking about...  ;D

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 01:42:43 pm »
I knew plumbing would pay off one day  ;D
You can't polish a turd

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 04:52:36 pm »
I went to a plumbing supplies shop and wasted so much time stood at the empty counter that I stomped out in rage.  ::)roll

Mr H

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 11:47:08 am »
I had fun in one plumbing supply shop when the kid behind the counter laughed at me when I asked for PTFE Spray and he said you can't get it in a tin because its only available as a tape.
Great seeing his face a few days later when I walked in with a can of it and spoke to his manager about his lack of product knowledge and his customer care skills needed improving.  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 06:55:56 pm »
Gave up looking today in all the local merchants - bought online in the end far easier.  ;)

http://www.dcssltd.co.uk/bracketry-clamps/pipe-clamps-support/pipe-clamps-rubber-lined/cat_85.html?added=1

Mr H

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 11:18:58 am »
Thanks for sharing the link Dave. :-)

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 11:31:25 am »
I've bought two different sizes (not arrived yet) the smaller one will clamp the nozzle - 41mm I think it was, whilst the larger one will obviously clamp the S2 section as normal. I've found it to be a pretty rigid set up and can normally rake the crud with the nozzle without the need of a spike.
I usually use a Nilfisk 1800W for domestic stuff but could do with a better inlet like Polarvac or Omnivac fit. The suction hose can easily be whipped off and turned if I get a blockage and simply sucked out the other end.

andyM

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 12:25:46 pm »
I've bought two different sizes (not arrived yet) the smaller one will clamp the nozzle - 41mm I think it was, whilst the larger one will obviously clamp the S2 section as normal. I've found it to be a pretty rigid set up and can normally rake the crud with the nozzle without the need of a spike.
I usually use a Nilfisk 1800W for domestic stuff but could do with a better inlet like Polarvac or Omnivac fit. The suction hose can easily be whipped off and turned if I get a blockage and simply sucked out the other end.

Dave I've been looking into getting a gutter vac set-up for a while now, but haven't been able to decide which set-up to go for.  ::)roll
Anyway I got myself a Nilfisk vac (same as yours) last week and now looking to get a pole set. I might get the Grippa vac ones as I reckon I might aswell go straight for the carbon tubes now rather than later on.
Anyway is there anything else I would need to buy?
Do I need some sort of connector to fit the vac hose to the gutter vac pole?
One of the Plebs

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 02:18:08 pm »
I use S2 base sections upside down and I use 38mm hose. I find the hose cuff is perfect to push into the base section and the 38mm hose pushes just right into the top tube whilst fitting over a 41mm nozzle. You may have a slight problem getting the hose to fit the vac itself. I pulled the inner out of the Nilfisk connector ('cos it's rather small) and found a cuff knocking about that fits the tapered Nilfisk one.

There are cuff adapters about that can go from 38mm to 51mm.

Most guttervc manufacturers are using 51mm. Personally I can't see the point if the nozzle is far smaller and the tubes too. also the Nilfisk inlet is smaller than ideal but it works 90% of the time. Polarvac do an aftermarket cyclonic inlet that you may be able to fit but it's too expensive in my opinion.

I've had my set up for years now without major problems up to 50' with my bigger vac.

I bought my tubes when they were just over £50 each - I think they are three times that now for carbon  :o

andyM

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 03:01:48 pm »
Thanks for that Dave.
So I take it you use a section of vac hose on the top section with a nozzle attached and...........munsen rings, rather than a silicone bend that some others use?
One of the Plebs

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 03:21:09 pm »
Yep, it's how Omnivac did theirs originally. I'll put another pic up this week when I get time. I also have a longer legnth of vacuum hose too probably about four metres. The Nilfisk hose is 38mm outside diameter I believe so I dumped that.
My hose is 38mm inside diameter which is probably the norm for most vacuums.

andyM

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 03:25:31 pm »
Many thanks.  :)
One of the Plebs

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

New clamps, ready to go.

andyM

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 05:45:05 pm »
Looks far more sturdier than a silicone bend.
I think I will do the same, thanks for putting up the photo.  :)
One of the Plebs