This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

George Gardner

Anyone bought a van from
« on: June 04, 2013, 08:11:22 pm »
MMA Van Auctions in Methyr Tydfil?? They do sell to general public wondering if anyone has any major, DONT DOOOO IT stories. Going up tomorrow night at 7.00, ill let you know if its any good

Seers

Re: Anyone bought a van from
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 08:41:01 pm »
Hi,

Been there once or twice and always been disappointed with the stock they have and reserve prices, sometimes almost nothing sells.

If you're looking for a quality van auction try Manheim at Dursley, near Gloucester. We've bought a couple of ex-lease vans from there over the years. You can view all the stock online. Stock there usually goes for between £1,500-£3,000 below book value in my experience. And almost all stock sells.

Cheers,

Huw

Richard60

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 09:29:39 pm »
add on vat n commision etc n they are not so cheap .dont know what you want to spend .but check david spears website .in tredegar .only 10 mins from mm auctions

Seers

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 09:41:24 pm »
I'd reconmend David Spear Commercials too. My landscaping partner will only buy his tippers from them.

But will be cheaper at manheim, but you pays your money and take your chances.

Cheers,

Huw

Ste b

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:50:24 pm »
For manheim commercials you need a traders policy and an account with them, also like said above once you put vat and fees on it aint that cheap.
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:12:53 pm »
Recently bought a Vivaro from BCA auctions at Blacbushe. Paid £5,500 for a van that would retail at £7,000. It's an ex SKY van so fully serviced and well looked after.

I used clicky link thing, a really nice guy called Richard who new what he was doing. Charged a fee of £250 which if you took into account what my fee would have been as a private buyer he actually cost about £40.

George Gardner

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 10:13:45 pm »
Thanks for the help - probably not worth a longgggg drive over then to see some expensive vans that wont sell at MMA, ill have a little look at your suggestions ta george

Seers

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 10:16:59 pm »
Hi,

Not sure what the problem is with paying VAT on a van purchased at auction versus paying the same rate of VAT on a commercial vehicle on a forecourt?

Cheers,

Huw

Seers

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 10:21:15 pm »
Hi,

Also we've never needed a traders policy for manheim or an account, just turn up on the day and take your pick. You used to need a trade account to view stock online but I'm pretty sure that's changed now.

Cheers,

Huw

George Gardner

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 09:10:20 am »
1576 - That sounds great. How did your auction work was it 5.5k plus VAT or any auction fees or was it just their 250 pound fee ontop of that?

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 08:49:35 pm »
Hi mate, the van I bought was 5.5k including the VAT so the £250 was on top of that but that was the total cost. Richard was a really nice guy and to be honest you could do it yourself but for the £40 odd real cost of using him (plus his twenty odd years of knowledge) it was a no brainer.

Cheers, Jake.