Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Prowler-portable truckmount
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2006, 10:59:09 am »
John,

Did you manage to demonstrate Prowler at Carpex?  You mentioned something about demo at hotel parking, where you were supposed to stay at that time...

Regards,
Arthur

John Kelly

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2006, 11:25:45 am »
We did manage to get a few people to have a look at it. However a full demo was out of the question not least because we may have been lynched by some of the other exhibitors.
I am doing some demos over the next few months and I will be at the National Flood School on 20th-21st April.

stuart_clark

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2006, 08:30:52 am »
This question might have already been asked but can the prowler be converted to LPG and at what cost?

Flood School

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2006, 10:26:21 am »
I'm certainly very interested in this machine, innovation is the key driver to progress. John Kelly's reputation and experiance is second to none and I am therefore very willing to listen. I'm looking to purchase a truck-mount performance machine for various demonstrations at the National Flood School in Farnham and John is bringing it down for us to trial in a couple of weeks. Anyone else is welcome to attend if they wish to view it, please contact John direct to discuss. I'm very happy to post an opinion on here after I've seen it in operation if anyone wishes.

Chris J Netherton

Steve Chapman

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2006, 05:54:15 pm »
Hi all,
does anyone know if the prowler will fit in the back of my toyota hilux surf?(picture at side)
space in  the back is about 8' x 5' and about 4.5' high(bit tight with the headroom!)
Just thought might be ideal way of going to a truckmount without getting rid of me beloved truck 8)
steve

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2006, 06:00:19 pm »
Steve, the prowler would probably fit in the back of your toyota, but you would also need to find some space for the water tank, so...

Regards,

Arthur

John Kelly

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2006, 06:33:51 pm »
We have been dealing with a major flood incident this week where an industrial estate was devastated by a burst 2 foot diameter water main.
The Prowler has been working non stop on the clean-up and has been running for 9 hours solid every day. During the day it has been using 12 litres of fuel.
This is non-stop use unlike when cleaning carpets and travelling to jobs.
Personally I don't think it is worth the cost and hassle of converting to LPG as the savings are not going to be that great.

John Kelly

« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2006, 06:39:52 pm »
Steve
If your truck has an open cab then I don't think it would be a good idea to install a Prowler. As with any truckmount there is a degree of water leakage when swapping hoses etc. In a van this is not a problem but in your truck this could find its way into the carpeting. Also the exhaust, although pointing away from the vehicle, would eventually start to permeate the cab interior.
If the cab is seperate, then it may be a possibilty. I don't think the weight limit of your vehicle would permit the carrying of a water tank but the Prowler is designed to work off a hose pipe.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2006, 06:42:54 pm »
thanks john, the truck is a closed in type but i can see what you mean about leakage and exhuast fumes ect, still would like to have one though ;D
Looks like a new van then ::)
regards
steve

« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2006, 01:16:23 pm »
thanks john, the truck is a closed in type but i can see what you mean about leakage and exhuast fumes ect, still would like to have one though ;D
Looks like a new van then ::)
regards
steve

Steve, have thought of accommodating your equipment in a trailer the one that would be similar to mobile catering trailer.
John, what do you think about this  ::)?
Regards,
Arthur

Steve Chapman

« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2006, 04:48:56 pm »
Arthur i have thought about this many a times but to be honest i live on a main road and parking is bad at the best of times, it would be a nightmare trying to park the trailer aswell :o
Thanks for the suggestion though
cheers
steve

therapist

« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2006, 06:18:12 pm »
Steve

There is a growing incidence of trailer theft throughout the country a neighbour who bought a new one on Monday last, had it stolen yesterday.

There were two wheel clamps heavy locks fitted, but it was released with an angle grinder.

rob m

stains-away

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2006, 02:11:53 am »
Any news on the price of the 15hp prowler?

John Kelly

« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2006, 08:03:01 am »
We are still testing it. We won't sell anything until we are convinced it will perform. We specified this machine and we are seeing if it works well. We tested the 12hp for 2 years before deciding to sell it. I will keep you informed.

« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2006, 11:14:09 pm »
...We tested the 12hp for 2 years before deciding to sell it...
John, 2 years is a long time, have you had any problems?  Do you not feel confident about 15hp machine?  Has it not been tested by the producer? 
Kind regards,
Arthur

PaulKing

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2006, 09:07:26 am »
It was i testing the 12 machine, and along with CE marking the first time took two years, we were never going to let it out there half cocked.

Would like to say the 15 hp is doing just fine but as always there are teathing troubles and changes neaded to be made to comply with CE lesigislation. The 15 hp has lots more power but have been running it at half power as it lifts the carpet otherwise, so looking at glides filters ect, so it works "straight out of the box"

Come have play with it if you like as i live in newcastle as well.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2006, 09:37:51 am »
...Come have play with it if you like as i live in newcastle as well...

Thank you Paul for the invitation  :). I have seen Prowler last week when I visited John's office, very nice machine indeed.  Unfortunately I did not see John at that time. I would never think that there is so mach to take care of when you import some things...
Regards,
Arthur

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2006, 04:15:16 pm »
I hear the dirty water is turned into steam, what happens to this steam and grit
that goes with it> If it does turn into steam can you get burnt from it or can the public

John Kelly

« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2006, 04:36:58 pm »
Vernon

The steam is low pressure and is mixed with a large volume of air. You can put your hand in it and your hand will become damp but thats about it. It is directed to either a drain, containment tank or to a suitable peice of ground. There is no grit as this is contained by a micro mesh filter.

John Kelly

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2006, 01:42:39 pm »