Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave0123

Speeding up with wfp
« on: May 31, 2013, 06:38:42 pm »
Hi,

I still think am a bit slow with wfp been using good few years now but only recently have i been fully 100% wfp user.

Any tips on speeding up with it? how many times do you go over the glass? scrubbing there's not really many video's out there showing you how to speed up on the water fed pole side of things.

Dave.

andyM

Re: Speeding up with wfp
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 06:40:59 pm »
1. Work with a high flow rate
One of the Plebs

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 06:43:45 pm »
+1.

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 06:51:04 pm »
1. Work with a high flow rate

How many liters do you have coming out the top of the brush? per min
Dave.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 06:51:43 pm »
The other 2 are correct that a higher flow rate will help. However, I would work at a pace that suits your age etc and simply price higher.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 06:55:10 pm »
+2

But don't let on to anyone in here though, they will tell you your wasteing water.
Double your flow from that you normally use and either go across the glass half the times you normally do.  If the window needs the amount of contact with the glasd as before, then just move the brush at double the speed you normally do.  Result will be windows done in half the time with the same amount of water and battery power used.
It really is that simple.

rg1

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 07:01:11 pm »
+2

But don't let on to anyone in here though, they will tell you your wasteing water.
Double your flow from that you normally use and either go across the glass half the times you normally do.  If the window needs the amount of contact with the glasd as before, then just move the brush at double the speed you normally do.  Result will be windows done in half the time with the same amount of water and battery power used.
It really is that simple.

Waste of water if you ask me  ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

ascjim

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 07:01:17 pm »
move your arms quicker ;)

bobplum

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 07:16:50 pm »
i do think this area of cleaning needs looking at.

a school of thought says that if you use fan jets, which normally run on a higher flow rate you may cause spotting,there are a few videos explaining this.(perry tait,jr racenstein)

if you use a pencil jet.normally a slower rate and cascade the water down you get less spotting,so the other theory goes.

i have for the last two weeks been varying in between and i have come to the conclusion i am more happy with a fan jet on a higher rate.

i feel i get more work done, i have not seen any increase in spotting, i may be wrong.

if you want to save water but use fan jets then gardiners low pressure fan jets are good,less water usage but still get a good "fan" effect

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 07:35:40 pm »
thanks il try upping the flow, i think its more the fact am uncertain if its clean or not so carry on scrubbing.

Is it right that you clean all of the  frames first? or is better to just clean the top if the window frame first then clean the rest of the side bar of the frames when doing the glass?
Dave.

andyM

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 07:37:08 pm »
Clean the frame and glass at the same time.
One of the Plebs

Lee GLS

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 07:43:51 pm »
Frames do not need cleaning every clean, unless of course you have said to you customer that you will clean every time.

Positivity

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 07:46:21 pm »
I'd say from numerous tests etc. It's the rinsing not the scrubbing - its easy to underestimate the amount of rinsing actually needed.

PAUL ERITH

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 07:54:03 pm »
Hi,

I still think am a bit slow with wfp been using good few years now but only recently have i been fully 100% wfp user.

Any tips on speeding up with it? how many times do you go over the glass? scrubbing there's not really many video's out there showing you how to speed up on the water fed pole side of things.

Your not the only one thats slow but i'm getting there

My problem at the moment is i have no confidence in The Super Lite Brush Dual-Trim - Medium Mixed Bristles brush i have, i hate it on leaded windows to the point i have caught a few bits of lead with the bristles and had to glue it back  :-\ :-\

Thinking about getting a sill brush or extreme medium mixed brush not sure yet

Paul

andyM

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 07:55:19 pm »
I'd say from numerous tests etc. It's the rinsing not the scrubbing - its easy to underestimate the amount of rinsing actually needed.

I find that's why a high flow rate helps.
On hydrophilic glass I only rinse the top 6" of the glass after scrubbing and let it sheet down.
One of the Plebs

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 08:01:25 pm »
Put go fast stripes on the brush and pole.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

ascjim

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 08:33:03 pm »
Put go fast stripes on the brush and pole.

Tried it and it works!

elite mike

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 08:40:23 pm »
Hi,

My problem at the moment is i have no confidence in The Super Lite Brush Dual-Trim - Medium Mixed Bristles brush i have, i hate it on leaded windows to the point i have caught a few bits of lead with the bristles and had to glue it back  :-\ :-\

Paul

hi paul,
i use the dt flocked original on leads etc  8) its a good all rounder which i have found to be the best.

dave0123

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 08:52:12 pm »

My problem at the moment is i have no confidence in The Super Lite Brush Dual-Trim - Medium Mixed Bristles brush i have, i hate it on leaded windows to the point i have caught a few bits of lead with the bristles and had to glue it back   

Paul

hi paul,
i use the dt flocked original on leads etc   its a good all rounder which i have found to be the best.

i use the soft extreme brush good on leaded
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 09:36:14 pm »
Frames do not need cleaning every clean, unless of course you have said to you customer that you will clean every time.

I do say to my customers i clean the frames every time, there always clean though i suppose they only need  a quick wipe over with the brush to maintain them.
Dave.