Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paulgran1234

undercutting a cowboy ???
« on: May 31, 2013, 05:42:19 pm »
hi all, i had a call today of one of the several window cleaners in my working areas telling me to stop cleaning in a certain  street.

and threating to SPEAK to me , next time he see's me, not sure what he means by speak to me, means but i reckon i know !!! 

now i know like all of us, we get people canvassing and working in the same areas we all work in, its a fact of life, and i always say live and let live, theres lots of work out there.

but this guy told me to stop cleaning the houses in the actuall street where i live !!! and threated me if i did not stop.

so
i'm planning on going out canvassing over the next  week or so and i'm going to undercut this w....r, undercutting is something i would never knowningly do, but this guy is taking the mick, so i'm going to undercut him.

any one else ever had threats made against them to stop cleaning a area ???

tlwcs

Re: undercutting a cowboy ???
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 05:53:16 pm »
Go about your business and ignore him and his threats. He will not do anything if he's tipped you off.
Dont undercut his customers that makes you as small minded as him and the customer is better off.
Tony

paulgran1234

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 05:58:07 pm »
being honest your right, but they don't half make you mad these people

rg1

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 07:05:55 pm »
Go about your business and ignore him and his threats. He will not do anything if he's tipped you off.
Dont undercut his customers that makes you as small minded as him and the customer is better off.
Tony

+1

Just carry on as normal.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

DG Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 07:09:55 pm »
I bet you earning less per hour is really going to upset him :D

PoleKing

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 07:28:57 pm »
Don't bother.
Carry on exactly as you were.
Lowering yourself to the level of someone threatening is beneath you. (I hope)
Let him crack on topping up his dole money while you continue to run a professional profitable business.
The best revenge is success.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 07:29:17 pm »
If he rings u again ask where is he at that moment if he tells u go around and discuss simple as that no need for dramatics

C o z y

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 07:41:38 pm »
Some geezer will be along soon and advise you to learn some kung fu cr@p and have a fight. Ignore it and just take the advice from the grown-ups. Never undercut, you just lose your own money and it never helps.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

one eyed window cleaning

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 09:05:09 pm »
hi all, i had a call today of one of the several window cleaners in my working areas telling me to stop cleaning in a certain  street.

and threating to SPEAK to me , next time he see's me, not sure what he means by speak to me, means but i reckon i know !!! 

now i know like all of us, we get people canvassing and working in the same areas we all work in, its a fact of life, and i always say live and let live, theres lots of work out tTy this guy told me to stop cleaning the houses in the actuall street where i live !!! and threated me if i did not stop.

I wish my round would get this exciting ;-)

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.

G Griffin

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 09:46:51 pm »
You should have seen the look on my face when I cut my own nose off.
I showed it, though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 11:15:06 pm »
I heard Garrison MD phoned Tesco last week and told them to stop selling petrol to there customer. Sounds stupid. That's just what it is. Why should its be any different in our business. ??? ??? ??? ???

dave f

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 06:42:40 am »
if you have is number tell him your going to report him to the police i had  a tosser do the same i had a call and a text which was good because the police got in touch with him i think it must have scared him to death  ;D if you know who it is tell him your gonna report him to hmrc , see if he is a doley then knick his work :D i have no time for scum bags like that. i have a couple of suprises in store if it comes down to it ,with any idiot getting awkward with me

Geoff

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 06:52:41 am »
Kung fu, grasshopper?

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 07:01:20 am »
Any threats I get are reported directly to the police.  I always ask them to give the person a call and tell them that it's been reported (unless there's a specific threat the police say they cant do anything) which they do, and i dont hear anything else.

so far for me it's only been an ex employee and a rejected job applicant, but i just report it straight away to let them know that everything they do will go straight to the cops and be logged.

it seems to have worked so far.

i will do the same with WCs if they threaten me too.  i've got no tolerance for that type of thing whatsoever.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 08:19:52 am »
i would just laugh at him! ;D ;D ;D

and say "who do you think you are mate?if people want me to clean their windows instead of you then its just tough luck and by the way how long have you been trading?2 years,3 years?ive been going 20 years so YOU ARE ON MY PATCH MATEY!!!" ;D ;D ;D ;D

oh and by the way do HMRC know your working and claiming benefits?(followed by him putting the phone down!)end of conversation!! ;D ;D ;D

that last line works everytime!!trust me! ;) :) :)
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 08:57:53 am »
i would just laugh at him! ;D ;D ;D

and say "who do you think you are mate?if people want me to clean their windows instead of you then its just tough luck and by the way how long have you been trading?2 years,3 years?ive been going 20 years so YOU ARE ON MY PATCH MATEY!!!" ;D ;D ;D ;D

oh and by the way do HMRC know your working and claiming benefits?(followed by him putting the phone down!)end of conversation!! ;D ;D ;D

that last line works everytime!!trust me! ;) :) :)

do they fiddle really ............... one of my rivals  ;D

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/119414/flintshire-window-cleaner-in-10-000-fraud.aspx

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 05:25:13 pm »
Some geezer will be along soon and advise you to learn some kung fu cr@p and have a fight. Ignore it and just take the advice from the grown-ups. Never undercut, you just lose your own money and it never helps.

;D ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 07:49:53 pm »
do  what my hubby did to a window cleaner that did the same to him   ,we  got his address off his web site and my hubby went round to his own house funny how he didn't want to come out the house with 18 stone of cage fighter stood on his door step , he never rang back wounder why

Sean Dyer

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 11:18:11 pm »
i had a call this morning from leaflets i put out last month,

he told me i had put leaflets out on his patch, (it was 9am on saturday i really didnt care)
However he wasnt threatening which was a first , so i gave him a listening ear,
at the end of it he said - you understand we all just stay on our own patches

i said , i dont believe in patches , but i wont be agressively canvassing your patch so if you do a good job you wont be losing any custies. in the end we both wished each other a happy weekend and that was that

why cant all windies just be civil
however im happy they believe in patches in my areas because im milking it big time, i've found that when an area is predominantly "patch oriented" there are LOTS oF unhappy custards that can't wait to move
it's GRRRRREAT

DG Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 11:25:24 pm »
do  what my hubby did to a window cleaner that did the same to him   ,we  got his address off his web site and my hubby went round to his own house funny how he didn't want to come out the house with 18 stone of cage fighter stood on his door step , he never rang back wounder why

Do window cleaners in your area all behave like they're on Jeremy Kyle?