This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

g.brookes

wfp sash windows
« on: May 31, 2013, 04:01:11 pm »
hey chaps.  took on a town house with very old and dirty sash windows.  I rinsed and cleaned as though my life depended on it but customers been in touch saying drips still on almost all of them.  I think this is a mixture of old white pain and all the dirt trapped in the divide of the sash window.
Could you give me a fool proof method of cleaning these?  Ive gotta go back next week to re clean them.  Or perhaps theyre one of the few windows the you cant do with wfp due to the paintwork running etc?

wfp master

Re: wfp sash windows
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 04:25:50 pm »
hey chaps.  took on a town house with very old and dirty sash windows.  I rinsed and cleaned as though my life depended on it but customers been in touch saying drips still on almost all of them.  I think this is a mixture of old white pain and all the dirt trapped in the divide of the sash window.
Could you give me a fool proof method of cleaning these?  Ive gotta go back next week to re clean them.  Or perhaps theyre one of the few windows the you cant do with wfp due to the paintwork running etc?
trad them for her then dump it.

andyM

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 05:24:50 pm »
I would try cleaning them twice with a flocked sill brush and good water flow and see how that goes.
First time frames and glass, second time round just glass and loads of rinsing.
One of the Plebs

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 05:28:44 pm »
Wash wash wash, rinse rinse rinse.

Depends how big the place is to an extent. Give all the frames a damn good clean, particularly getting up in between the sash gash  ;D . To achieve this turn the brush head round, so its upright and youre scrubbing the underside of the upper sash.

Do that on all of the windows. Go back and scrub again but rinse, thoroughly this time. Then go back and rinse again, this time keeping the brush off the lower sash profile and with a lower flow rate.

Next day call the custard to see how things are looking.

g.brookes

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 08:58:06 pm »
thanks chaps.  i was thorough with my cleaning but obviously not thorough enough.  its deffinetely a pain in the ass house to clean.  i think when i was doing the first clean i just wasent in the right frame of mind.  need to be really really thorough and hopefully thall be sorted.  if its still not ok after next weeks clean then i think i'll just have to get rid

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 09:59:55 pm »
It's worth putting in the extra time on sash windows because once you get them clean the 1st time, they are normally very quick and easy to clean in future.

Positivity

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 07:47:09 am »
It's worth putting in the extra time on sash windows because once you get them clean the 1st time, they are normally very quick and easy to clean in future.
And it is usyally the "old type" glass - sheets wonderfully on most that we do. ;D ;D

g.brookes

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 07:31:39 pm »
sorted.  dealt with the way i should have the first time, thorough thorough thorough!  the grey cloud has lifted from my head, now to keep on pushing

8weekly

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 08:03:17 pm »
sorted.  dealt with the way i should have the first time, thorough thorough thorough!  the grey cloud has lifted from my head, now to keep on pushing
.... And 0 TDS.  ;D