Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

Gutter-vacs
« on: May 30, 2013, 04:43:25 pm »
Okay guys who has experience with these?

I understand they range from less than £300 to over 1k.

What do you get for your bucks and which is the best way to go?

Ta.

p1w1

Re: Gutter-vacs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »
depends what your using it for (and don't say gutter cleaning lol) as in just residential or mainly commercial.
For me personally i use a basic Clark vac with genny as it was small enough to fit in the van and could unload and load by myself weight wise and is fine for your run of the mill residential.
Some may disagree but i found it powerful enough, there are a few more options about now a days regrading vacs etc but 1 thing i would highly recommend is to get carbon fibre poles as the normal ally ones are heavy after a while especially if your working over a conservatory,
 and at your age you need to look after yourself  ;D

wpclean

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 05:57:47 pm »
If you intend to go into it big time, and expect to do lots of work then go with more powerful machine, and carbon fibre poles; if you just want to do the odd ones then go for the budget clark .

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 08:36:57 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flood-Fire-Professional-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-90-Litre-Industrial-3000W-Triple-Motor-/140788182507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20c7a12deb,

He(Kevin Martin,he`s on here) can supply them with a 51mm inlet for an extra £30 ish or so.He uses these vacs in his own business and rates them.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 08:50:43 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flood-Fire-Professional-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-90-Litre-Industrial-3000W-Triple-Motor-/140788182507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20c7a12deb,

He(Kevin Martin,he`s on here) can supply them with a 51mm inlet for an extra £30 ish or so.He uses these vacs in his own business and rates them.

i got mine off kevin with the 51mm inlet 3000w triple switched motors.added some grippavac poles 3 off , i cut one straight in half as 2 is not long enough but 3 is too long for normal houses.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 08:58:32 pm »

i got mine off kevin with the 51mm inlet 3000w triple switched motors.added some grippavac poles 3 off , i cut one straight in half as 2 is not long enough but 3 is too long for normal houses.

Cheers Carl,i got mine off Kevin after speaking with you last year(51mm),good advice,good price.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 09:05:00 pm »

glad it worked out m8y. i remember the phonecall and glad to help you.
i had cheapo vacs and kit but a better setup is a no brainer m8
buy cheap buy at least twice, buy quality and buy once.

Cheers Carl,i got mine off Kevin after speaking with you last year(51mm),good advice,good price.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 09:21:32 pm »
depends what your using it for

The intention at the moment is for domestics up to town house size properties.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 09:43:37 pm »
depends what your using it for

The intention at the moment is for domestics up to town house size properties.
the vac mentioned and grippavac poles will sort u out m8.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 09:44:39 pm »
thanks Carl.

What do the grippa poles retail at ?

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 09:55:29 pm »
thanks Carl.

I`ve purposely forgotten how much i paid for mine,i bought 9 of them.(`ve used them all together reaching the crevice betwween L shaped roofs)They sold me a u-bend as well and its not cheap.Maybe one day i`ll find a use for it.Silcone u-bend,51mm alloy tubing cut to shape like the ones in the pics every one sells was the way i went,thanks again to Carl.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 10:01:24 pm »
thanks Carl.

i think they are £100 each.
plus u need to add a silicone bend 135 degree i think.
and a couple of end tools, narrow etc.
i actually sawed in half a grippavac carbon pole as they are too long when using 3 on normal propertys ( 2 storey)and 2 is not enough
and keep the half i sawed connected to the vac hose so on a normal house i use 2 & 1/2 poles.
absolutley perfect .

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 10:17:10 pm »
yes m8
same but blue
the fellow is on here and very helpfull.

he uses these to suck up ground slurry etc etc !

more than adequate m8

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 07:26:32 am »
Whats the inside diameter of grippamax poles ?

just on personal experience of vac'ing anything smaller than 2" bore seems to block and jam more frequently.
so yes ali poles are heavier but the job is done quicker.

a silicone bend is useless - too much flex to help dig out blockages - a solid bend will help lift/shift/move heavy blockages
to allow the vac to suck it up.

get a powerful model otherwise it wont get out those 'turf's' and weeds

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

rg1

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 08:25:04 am »
Whats the inside diameter of grippamax poles ?

just on personal experience of vac'ing anything smaller than 2" bore seems to block and jam more frequently.
so yes ali poles are heavier but the job is done quicker.

a silicone bend is useless - too much flex to help dig out blockages - a solid bend will help lift/shift/move heavy blockages
to allow the vac to suck it up.

get a powerful model otherwise it wont get out those 'turf's' and weeds

Darran

+1

Ali poles like the ones from Omnipole are adjustable too, so no sawing pieces off to get the right height.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 09:02:18 am »
do you have to still get the ladders out sometimes though?

also customer has to be in dont they so you can plug into their electricity?

then you need a camera that takes pictures so you can show custy the results?
price higher/work harder!

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 09:06:13 am »
do you have to still get the ladders out sometimes though? I guess. We did a gutter job on Tuesday that NO gutter-vac would have touched.

also customer has to be in dont they so you can plug into their electricity? Portable genny.

then you need a camera that takes pictures so you can show custy the results? That would be for my piece of mind not theirs.

My interest in a gutter vac is purely for those totally stupid inaccesible by ladder gutters and town houses which Im not willing to take on at the moment without a vac.

rg1

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 11:46:14 am »
do you have to still get the ladders out sometimes though?

also customer has to be in dont they so you can plug into their electricity?

then you need a camera that takes pictures so you can show custy the results?

1) Never used a ladder in 4yrs

2) I use a generator so no need for custys electricity

3) Only ever used a camera on commercial work where they wanted evidence of the clean.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 01:20:06 pm »
I have a Nisfisk 1800 and find it very good on domestic gutter. The problem I have is getting the nozzle in between the roof and gutter edge.If I have blockages its at the nozzle itself. I have thought of buying carbon poles but feel for the volume of business does not warrant the cost. I do find having an old Harris pole with a fitting to brake up the moss balls is a must for me using my vac. I did a 49 metre job last week which took less than 15 min to vac. It used to take me all day before.