This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rg1

Re: Gutter-vacs
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 01:24:26 pm »
I have a Nisfisk 1800 and find it very good on domestic gutter. The problem I have is getting the nozzle in between the roof and gutter edge.If I have blockages its at the nozzle itself. I have thought of buying carbon poles but feel for the volume of business does not warrant the cost.

Make up a reducer to fit on the end of your nozzle if it doesn't get right into the gutters.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 05:50:15 pm »
Nilfisk for me too. The big suckers are a pain in the backside to lug about. I keep the little'un in the van all the time with carbon poles and custies electric.
My 3000w vac and generator never get used these days unless I can't get the custies electric.

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 07:52:02 am »
do you have to still get the ladders out sometimes though?

also customer has to be in dont they so you can plug into their electricity?

then you need a camera that takes pictures so you can show custy the results?

1) Never used a ladder in 4yrs

2) I use a generator so no need for custys electricity

3) Only ever used a camera on commercial work where they wanted evidence of the clean.

ditto -

i only use a camera if specifically asked to to so - in most cases it's easy to see that the vac has done it's job !
after a few jobs you can tell by feel and the sound if you have anything left to suck out

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 08:06:18 am »
do you have to still get the ladders out sometimes though?

also customer has to be in dont they so you can plug into their electricity?

then you need a camera that takes pictures so you can show custy the results?

1) Never used a ladder in 4yrs

2) I use a generator so no need for custys electricity

3) Only ever used a camera on commercial work where they wanted evidence of the clean.

+1
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Blue Sky 2

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 02:19:14 pm »
We use Omnipole equipment, have done for the past 4-5 years.

As far as I am concerned its the best, the poles are heavy but they get and handle a lot of abuse during use.

Gutter vacs are very restricted, on residential properties we still use the vacs and ladders as most elbows on down pipes are blocked and the vacs will never clear most of them.

Very rarely use the vacs on commercial properties.

Sean

JamesAJF

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2013, 10:44:52 pm »
i have never looked at gutter vacs before but i was looking last night and i was  surprised to find out how cheap u can get some of them for and they look so much easier then getting up a ladder i have got to get one but i would be also be in same situation wouldn't no witch one to buy but that one on that link looks good can u get ones with vid cam on top so u can see were u have cleaned and do they lose suck the taller the poles?
bish bash bosh

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2013, 11:15:38 pm »
James you can get cameras. I don't know how good the resolution is. But it's a start.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 04:55:10 pm »
I've got a star 4200 from gutter cleaning systems, very powerful but very heavy to lug around, an extra couple of minutes to set up because of the size in comparison to a small Clarke but faster on the sucking.  I would recommend the gippavac poles because of speed of use, I currently use a mixture of gutter cleaning systems alloy and carbon poles but they take too long to set up where as grippavac are basically Gariners design poles, so fast to use.  If you want to use if for 3 storey work then carbon fibre poles are really the only sensible option.

Simon.

andyM

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2013, 07:01:08 pm »
Does anyone know the length of the Grippavac poles?
Trying to find the answer on their website is like trying to get blood out of a stone.......... >:(
One of the Plebs

robert mitchell

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2013, 08:42:46 pm »
i believe they are six foot sections.

They sell as 18ft (3 section),24ft (4 section) etc etc its in the drop down box on the page .

there website is shocking and i cant believe they havent sorted it .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

andyM

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2013, 08:51:01 pm »
Many thanks Robert.  :)
http://www.grippadirect.co.uk/vacuum-equipment/gutterlite-poles/1321/gutterlite%20high%20level%20vacuum%20poles-detail
I couldn't seem to find the details I was after earlier.
Maybe becuz I iz a bit fick.  ;D
One of the Plebs

Dave Willis

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 07:14:10 am »
I wonder where these suppliers source their cyclonic inlets from?