Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Geoff

keyser soze

Re: Working next to this fella today
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 10:25:00 pm »
so the customer chooses the guy on a ladder?I doubt thatv hes ona forum moaning about his day ::)roll.... he worked hard ..he got payed , and they want him over YOU...
seriously... you need to get a life ... having a pole that squirts pure water doesnt give you God satus ???
you are just a wndow cleaner... and by the status a window cleaner with insecurities... lol

and thats why people get hurt doing ladder work. dumb ass

colin purewater

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 10:25:17 pm »
Oww get her !  Put ye claws away love  :-*
keep it simple

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 10:26:04 pm »
so the customer chooses the guy on a ladder?I doubt thatv hes ona forum moaning about his day ::)roll.... he worked hard ..he got payed , and they want him over YOU...
seriously... you need to get a life ... having a pole that squirts pure water doesnt give you God satus ???
you are just a wndow cleaner... and by the status a window cleaner with insecurities... lol

james peters - you make me smile ...

;D ;D ;D
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 10:43:51 pm »
A house for £12?!

Round here you can get £35 for a three bed semi.

Were do you live?  the year 2036 ?

Yes, he does sometimes.
I see him at the mosque occasionally.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

CleanClear

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 10:56:57 pm »
I think i understand your point James, the cleaner is just doing his best. And he's getting paid. But in this scenario having a pole that squirts water does give you god status as far as i'm concerned. That is so dangerous what he's doing, which would suprise you least..........
1) he slips and falls and hurts himself
2) he slips and falls and hurst himself and his slipping ladder damages roof slates and gutters

Its only a case of when. I have no issue with what the guy charges. If someone can operate on a scale to achieve low costs for the customer  and earn a living then he's onto a winner no matter what people here think prices should be. But thats just an accident waiting to happen.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

JamesAJF

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 11:06:42 pm »
surely he must have  something at bottom of ladders to keep them from slipping theres no way they would stay there at the angle :-X
bish bash bosh

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 11:14:30 pm »
A car if he's got any sense.

colin purewater

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 06:01:26 am »
surely he must have  something at bottom of ladders to keep them from slipping theres no way they would stay there at the angle :-X

Nope! Nothing at all at the end if the ladder to stop
It slipping,

My point was not the fact that I'm better than him etc

My point was the fact that this fella has a water
Fed pole set up and is still doing this because that's
What the customer has told him to do!

So no I don't think I have a god status because I
Have a pole!  BECAUSE HE DOES AS WELL  ::)roll
keep it simple

james peters

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 06:43:10 am »

so go and aproach the guy...put your handbags away and stop bitching about it...dumb ass

Ian101

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 08:10:09 am »

My point was not the fact that I'm better than him etc

yes but you are better than him as everyone knows wfp cleaners superior to trad cleaners  :P  ;D

Avo

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 08:14:23 am »
You have to draw the line somewhere and that's just stupid if you ask me.. I'm sure the custy won't pay his bills while off work with two broken arms..

rg1

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 09:04:00 am »
This is not a wfp v trad issue, its a safety issue as can clearly be seen in the photo!
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

colin purewater

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2013, 12:15:32 pm »
This is not a wfp v trad issue, its a safety issue as can clearly be seen in the photo!

100% correct!

Some people just don't read things propaly before they
Start bitching  ::)roll
keep it simple

davids3511

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 05:30:55 pm »

so go and aproach the guy...put your handbags away and stop bitching about it...dumb ass

You need to read the thread properly. He has already said he tried to advise him. You are looking like the dumb ass now.

wpclean

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 05:55:24 pm »
It is a shame that some have little self confidence, and will do anything to please others ( including doing unsafe work)

I used to be like that, but now if  potential customers expect me to climb ladders I ask if they will pay for my funeral, and look after my family if i fell off and died on their property !

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 07:22:01 pm »
The ladder must been dug in grass then, not just on concrete.

Ive been window cleaning 10 years, 1 year wfp... and ive done what this guy is doing LOADS of times, and I know a fair few others on here have aswell.

Certainly wouldnt do it now, BUT, this is common pratice still in the window cleaning world.

Everyone's seems shocked to see this  ???

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2013, 08:30:30 pm »
IMO the guy is a complete idiot.if the customer refused WFP and wanted me to climb a ladder then i simply wouldnt take the job on.simple.

some window cleaners are thick and stupid.i think he qualifies for both!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

SPE

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 09:19:06 pm »
I've done worse, luckily without injury but would'nt do anything like that now, it would seem foolish to take such risks when you have invested so much in something that is safer. But we have all at sometime been keen to get work and taken risks or underpriced especially early on in our business.
Probably the best advice to him would have been to look this forum up, would help no end in giving him a good background in how other cleaners price, health and safety etc. would help with confidence and put the customer right on what is acceptable practice and what is'nt.
Although not sure I would be happy coming on here and seeing a picture posted of myself and being critisized or being branded thick and stupid  ;D :D tut tut Dazmond  :D

Simon

gary999

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 10:12:42 pm »
plenty have done things like that in the past including myself
but to have wfp and still do that is ridiculas