Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fakenham Tony

Advice wanted on how to trad large sheet glass inside
« on: May 25, 2013, 10:41:58 am »
Hi,

I have been cleaning for around 16 months 99% of my work is WFP, though I do some insides work when it is worth it.

However I do one job monthly which has two floors of panel window glass internals. Because I only do it monthly I have not had a great deal of experience trying different methods.

Size of each glass panel is aprox 1.4m wide and 3m high and there are around 50 panels

when I first did the job I did it trad with a unger extension pole and unger visa versa 12 inch and the results looked terrible.

I found I could only bring the pole down to waist height with the squeegy, took the squeegy off the pole and finished, when I looked at the windows at different angles in the light I could see this left streaks coming down the window and around the waist height area.

It looked worse when I went for the next visit and in the sun I could see where where I had missed parts when detailing.

Over time, I have been refining what I am doing there by now spraying a mist of using pure water onto the windows washing with a large microfibre pad and then buffing off with a large pad.

I think it is about time I learnt how to do it trad properly as I think it will save time, as loads of kids put their hands on the windows so a bit of rubbing is required and also I still see the odd streak mark.

They have asked me to do a few more internal glass panels as well now :)

Can you guys give me a hand on the most suitable equipment and technique.

Cheers

Tony
In March 2012 I am undertaking a massive challenge to swim 6.4km, cycle 337km and run 83km over 7 days from London to Birmingham to raise money for the charity Diabetes UK
www.brumorbust.com

scottt24

Re: Advice wanted on how to trad large sheet glass inside
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 11:07:54 am »
Use mop and blade from an A ladder and fan the blade
Thanks,
              Scott

keyser soze

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 12:36:30 pm »
loads of tips to be found on you tube . it helped me when i started out . now I'm brilliant  ;D ;D. you could be using too much soap on your mop/applicater

AJ

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 01:16:34 pm »
pole, mop n squeegee.
water not too soapy and dont let glass dry out. Try using a bigger blade, 18".
Dont wring your mop out too much, wet the glass up to an inch from the top.
Swap mop for squeegee. Tap the squeegee a couple of times right at the top frame and strike down.
You will have to move quite quickly if its warm in there, which is why i say use an 18" blade as you will use fewer strikes so less chance of glass drying out. If it starts to drag on the glass, then its too dry and will leave streaks. just wet up the bit you haven't done again.
It does take practice, so you might want to allow more time on the job to do them a few times as practice.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 01:59:12 pm »
Hi Tony, I would recommend using a 3 x 2 mtr ext pole, little waffle microfiber glass and mirror cloths, 750 ml trigger spray bottle of Beyond-kleen all-in-one kleen,shine,and protector for glass, 30cm flat aluminum mop frame with velcro strips.  remove the black end cone from the ext pole, the shaft on the 30cm mop frame will squeeze tightly onto the pole, then use one little waffle cloth damp with water which will stick onto the velcro strips spray some Beyond-kleen onto the damp little waffle cloth and proceed to wash the glass at what ever height required, when panel is cleaned then take off the damp little waffle cloth and stick on a dry little waffle cloth to polish off for a perfect streak free finish everytime. do this panel by panel and guaranteed you will achieve the perfect finish with no mess as you are just using damp little waffle cloths which are the highest performance microfiber cloths available on the market for cleaning glass and mirrors. Also Beyond-kleen which is based on nano technology contains no IPA,ammonia,solvents,etc, and not only cleans streak free but will leave behind an invisible coating which will make it easier for you to maintain your clients glass for future cleaning, little waffle microfiber glass and mirror cloths are extremely durable and can be laundered up to 800 times, if i can be of any further assistance Tony, just let me know.

andyM

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 04:14:51 pm »
waffle, waffle, waffle,waffle.............. :D
One of the Plebs

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 04:30:06 pm »
go on a course on how to actually clean windows trad as its a requirement as wfp is only a another tool  ???
Dave.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 04:30:55 pm »
Hi Tony, I would recommend using a 3 x 2 mtr ext pole, little waffle microfiber glass and mirror cloths, 750 ml trigger spray bottle of Beyond-kleen all-in-one kleen,shine,and protector for glass, 30cm flat aluminum mop frame with velcro strips.  remove the black end cone from the ext pole, the shaft on the 30cm mop frame will squeeze tightly onto the pole, then use one little waffle cloth damp with water which will stick onto the velcro strips spray some Beyond-kleen onto the damp little waffle cloth and proceed to wash the glass at what ever height required, when panel is cleaned then take off the damp little waffle cloth and stick on a dry little waffle cloth to polish off for a perfect streak free finish everytime. do this panel by panel and guaranteed you will achieve the perfect finish with no mess as you are just using damp little waffle cloths which are the highest performance microfiber cloths available on the market for cleaning glass and mirrors. Also Beyond-kleen which is based on nano technology contains no IPA,ammonia,solvents,etc, and not only cleans streak free but will leave behind an invisible coating which will make it easier for you to maintain your clients glass for future cleaning, little waffle microfiber glass and mirror cloths are extremely durable and can be laundered up to 800 times, if i can be of any further assistance Tony, just let me know.

Really trigger bottles for the love of godman
What's wrong with squeegee and applicator
Detail the sides and wipe up
Window cleaning is so simple
Why try n complicate it be Jesus
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 05:08:47 pm »
Seeing is believing, post asked for a solution that would leave no streaks is it okay to offer one.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 05:11:14 pm »
Use mop and blade from an A ladder and fan the blade

+1
This is by far the quickest way

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 06:05:43 pm »
What's a waffle cloth?

jimiwindows

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 06:42:48 pm »
GET A WINDOW CLEANER TO DO THEM FOR YOU

bobplum

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 06:59:19 pm »
split your WFP pole down,take a section and use a wagtail on the end of it
use the applicator on the end of the pole.then use the wagtail
remove wagtail put a cloth on the end of it and detail the window

Slash

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 08:17:37 pm »
  ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 10:38:52 pm »
  ;D

Yep sub up it out to someone who's got a clue ;D

Fakenham Tony

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 07:03:08 am »
Many thanks for taking the time to give your suggestions  :)
In March 2012 I am undertaking a massive challenge to swim 6.4km, cycle 337km and run 83km over 7 days from London to Birmingham to raise money for the charity Diabetes UK
www.brumorbust.com

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 08:15:56 am »
tony if they're cleanish anyway, two microfibres and a spray bottle of pure water will do the trick, wipe over with a damp microfibre then buff up with the other, works well, we do a lot of show homes with this method and they come up mint

graham

scottt24

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 11:00:58 am »
tony if they're cleanish anyway, two microfibres and a spray bottle of pure water will do the trick, wipe over with a damp microfibre then buff up with the other, works well, we do a lot of show homes with this method and they come up mint

graham

Why would anyone clean approx 200 square metres with a cloth
Thanks,
              Scott

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 06:32:22 pm »
What's a waffle cloth?

Hi Matt,

Little waffle cloths are cloths made from the highest quality microfiber, they are produced by one of the most progressive companies involved in the development of microfiber technology, the name waffle comes from the small square like indentations on the cloths.

What makes them so unique is that they are extremely durable and will clean a window corner to corner edge to edge while leaving a perfect streak free finish every time. The cloths are used as a set , you use one cloth damp with only water, and then use one cloth dry to polish off the surface. They are excellent for use on any glass or mirror surface.

These cloths are ideally suited for cleaning smaller interior and exterior windows. Obviously if you are cleaning very large areas it makes sense to use the traditional methods. The reason I posted in this thread was the query was regards streak free finish, the critical thing is the result, once you get used to using the waffle cloths you can clean almost as fast as when using the traditional ways.

Obviously we promote these cloths and they have been highly successful, I would very much welcome feedback from people within the trade (either positive or negative)

I will send 2 sets of these little waffle glass and mirror cloths to the first 3 people to provide their full name and postal address. All i ask is that you come on the thread to let people know what you think of them.

TomCrowther

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 06:59:38 pm »
Tom Crowther
31 W o o d b o u r n e road
sale
Cheshire
M333sy

I will try them and report back.

Cheers.