Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt Gibson

boiler problem
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:24:29 am »
Switched the boiler on last night for a bit of gum removal and it was giving me grief. put a 03 nozzle on it and set it to about 80 degrees, boiler kicked in and stayed on for about a minute then went off. held the trigger open and no heat. kept holding the trigger and adjusted the pressure up and down and the boiler kicked in again for another minute tuen stopped.

i was getting a little bit of heat, no where near 80 though. and after the lance got a bit warm it would cool right down again. boiler just wouldnt stay on for more than a minute. i dread trying to sort it cause i know it could be a flow switch or a fuel nozzle or any of the other multiple parts that could fail.

Any ideas? I was running quite a long hose but i had it going with the same hose a month ago and it was giving out great constant heat.

Blast Away

Re: boiler problem
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 08:13:41 am »
Could be a few things like you say. First thing I'd check is take the screws out of the top, switch on and see if the nozzle is spraying.

Could be that your fuel pump has or is seizing up. Check the HT Leads and lead going into pump, simple things like that I've notice they've worked loose.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 10:03:38 am »
Cheers mate. ill check it out. also spoke to a local repair guy and he said it sounds like the thermostat is failing. im gonna check it out this afternoon. need the heat for tonight. the steam machine just isnt cutting through the amount of gum ive gotta shift. nightmare.

Roland S

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 11:01:35 am »
a bit off topic, but i've just bought a hotbox, what size nozzle should i be using for steam or hot water with a 250bar/15lt machine any ideas?

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 11:15:07 am »
Cheers mate. ill check it out. also spoke to a local repair guy and he said it sounds like the thermostat is failing. im gonna check it out this afternoon. need the heat for tonight. the steam machine just isnt cutting through the amount of gum ive gotta shift. nightmare.
prove the stat by bridging the terminals in the box - same as the flow switch

Matt Gibson

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 11:17:03 am »
Yeah thats what the local guy told me to do. join the two wires at the back of the stat and see if the boiler stays on. hopefully thats all it will be. the flow switch seems to be working as when the boiler fired up, if i let go of the trigger it would stop.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 11:19:31 am »
a bit off topic, but i've just bought a hotbox, what size nozzle should i be using for steam or hot water with a 250bar/15lt machine any ideas?

depends whst your cleaning. you should get decent heat with a standard nozzle. smaller nozzle will give you more heat. wind the pressure down a bit. if you lessen the flow going through the boiler it gives it more time to heat up.

Roland S

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 11:49:53 am »

depends whst your cleaning. you should get decent heat with a standard nozzle. smaller nozzle will give you more heat. wind the pressure down a bit. if you lessen the flow going through the boiler it gives it more time to heat up.

understood, thanks

Kenny83

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 12:40:19 pm »
just disconnect the fuel pipe at the fuel nozzle end to see if it getting fuel through, if it is then it's your fuel nozzle blocked, if not then work back wards down the pipe, next step would be to check if it comes out the top of the pump (where the fuel pipe leads to), if it comes out there then youve a blocked or gunged up pipe, if not the take the return pipe off, (the one at the bottom of the pump that goes to back to your fuel tank) if it's returning then it's either your soelnoid (which you would take off and see if it's magnetising by sticking a screw driver in it and pressing the trigger) or your pump is blocked on the outlet, if it's not returning then it's your fuel pump or a blockage on the inlet to your pump which could be your intank or inline filter.... there is one or 2 other checks you can do but these are the bsic checks to get you up and running, seems alot to take in so if you need to ring me, it's simple when you've done it once and get your head round it mate ;D
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk