This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JamesAJF

wfp problem
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:24:41 pm »
hi, had a problem with my system today when i turned it on everything seemed fine then plugged me pole in and no water was coming out off brush everything was turned on as all the taps were on no kinks in hose and batt fully charged it was like the pump was detecting a dead end when there was no dead end could this be dawn to a calibration problem that i may need to reconfigure and if so how? it a digital flo controller  thanks James.  :'(
bish bash bosh

JamesAJF

Re: wfp problem
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 11:33:44 pm »
and then i went to  see another window cleaner who i no to show him the problem and it worked  first time but it seemed to to take a long time for the pump to stop when i turn the tap off it sort off makes a rattle noise for about 7 seconds then turns off is that normal? its a surflo  pump its a new system to its about a month old.
bish bash bosh

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 11:52:35 pm »
could have an air lock
Dave.

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 12:06:35 am »
and then i went to  see another window cleaner who i no to show him the problem and it worked  first time but it seemed to to take a long time for the pump to stop when i turn the tap off it sort off makes a rattle noise for about 7 seconds then turns off is that normal? its a surflo  pump its a new system to its about a month old.

The good thing about DIY is that if you get a problem, you'll know how to fix it.

I think your flow controller needs recalibrating.  Follow the instructions that came with it.  Better still, reconnect the pressure switch back upto your shurflow pump (it's already attached) and work without a flow controller; it'll just mess you about.

JamesAJF

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 12:16:21 am »
well i did think it could be a air lock but i have had a air lock before it didn't quite seem the same i got a feeling it needs recalibrating. a lot off ppl say that get rid off flo controller  but i only have 250 liter tank so i need it so i can set it on a low setting to safe on water lol.
bish bash bosh

dave0123

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 12:19:31 am »
What controller u using
Dave.

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 05:18:59 am »
Defo air lock without a doubt they can be different almost every time you need to disconnect from hose reel and run pump flat out until you get rid of air lock thats what i do anyways  . Mike

Ste M

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 06:55:13 am »
Do you have a non return hozelock going onto your hose reel? if you do it may be the stop part of it sticking. ive had this happen to me, simply cut the plastic stop off and you wont get the issue again

Avo

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 07:55:00 am »
The pump over run for that happens for a few seconds will be waiting for the pressure switch to kick in and stop the system.. I have a tap fitted to hose reel inlet side to stop reel emptying and causing air locks.
Spitting and rattles will be air James

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 02:00:51 pm »
hi, had a problem with my system today when i turned it on everything seemed fine then plugged me pole in and no water was coming out off brush everything was turned on as all the taps were on no kinks in hose and batt fully charged it was like the pump was detecting a dead end when there was no dead end could this be dawn to a calibration problem that i may need to reconfigure and if so how? it a digital flo controller  thanks James.  :'(

Here is a link to a you tube vid on how to setauto cal the unit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kKoskb7l7c&list=UL

As suggested do check for air locks in the system, as these will effect how the system pressures up.
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

JamesAJF

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 10:56:34 pm »
Do you have a non return hozelock going onto your hose reel? if you do it may be the stop part of it sticking. ive had this happen to me, simply cut the plastic stop off and you wont get the issue again
u make a very good point it could indeed of been that its working now though. thanks for all u points didnt think off some off them lol.
bish bash bosh

JamesAJF

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 11:02:20 pm »
well its a new system only been wfp for a couple of months been trad the last 5 years so if something goes wrong like a air lock i panic because i think its broken or something but im sure i will get to no whats what once i get used to it thanks guys.   
bish bash bosh

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 11:38:13 pm »

The good thing about DIY is that if you get a problem, you'll know how to fix it.

I think your flow controller needs recalibrating.  Follow the instructions that came with it.  Better still, reconnect the pressure switch back upto your shurflow pump (it's already attached) and work without a flow controller; it'll just mess you about.

Every week on CIU there's at least one posting about flow controller problems. Why does anyone use them?

Two years of no flow controller and I've not had a single problem and the pump still works fine flat out every day.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

JamesAJF

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 12:12:08 am »
it was not my flow controller it was air lock its all new to me so still learning. 
bish bash bosh

p1w1

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 08:35:24 am »

Every week on CIU there's at least one posting about flow controller problems. Why does anyone use them?

Two years of no flow controller and I've not had a single problem and the pump still works fine flat out every day.
5 years with a flow controller and no problems with them

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 12:00:01 pm »
it was not my flow controller it was air lock its all new to me so still learning. 

Glad it is all sorted and running as you need it, You will get plenty of help here plus some diverse opinions.

Cheers

Ian
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology