This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GB Window Cleaning

Re: Could you do garage doors as well?
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 06:07:39 pm »
i charge £1 per garage door too, But according to my own pricing structer it should really be £1.50. But i can't be arsed to mess around with 50p's

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 06:09:29 pm »
we should all charge for garage doors, got left a note last week " could you do the garage door as well please" this customer always leaves me £12 in the garage, has cancelled on me a few times so I left her a note " we do offer this as a service so please let us know in advance of the next clean if you would like this service, there will be a charge of £2 for this"

Graham

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 06:14:40 pm »
What would you charge the customer then, if they asked you to quickly wash their car with your WFP?

At a guess, i'd say it would take twice as long as a garage door. So, you would charge £2 right?

I'd pay for the whole street to have their cars washed  ;)

tlwcs

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 06:24:24 pm »
What would you charge the customer then, if they asked you to quickly wash their car with your WFP?

At a guess, i'd say it would take twice as long as a garage door. So, you would charge £2 right?

You seem to be very generous to everyone in your street James.
The point for me is never do anything the customer asks you to do for nothing as it shows you don't value your own time, but a nominal fee as your already there, shows good customer service.
I do agree £2 is probably more realistic.
Tony

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 06:48:39 pm »
Im toying with the idea of £2 per garage door actually. Because a few custards have looked shocked and said "£1, is that all?"

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 06:51:48 pm »

You seem to be very generous to everyone in your street James.
The point for me is never do anything the customer asks you to do for nothing as it shows you don't value your own time, but a nominal fee as your already there, shows good customer service.
I do agree £2 is probably more realistic.
Tony
This post sums up anything I would want to say on this thread.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Flash..

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 10:19:09 am »
I don't charge, takes a minute of my time and one happy custie.

Yep me too outside lights get done too if they got any near a door, customers allways very happy with the extra service only takes a minute

Klean07

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 07:07:31 pm »
How can you charge 10 quid for a house and then a fiver for a garage door?
 ;D
Because it was minging thats why. A metal paneled black garage that was supposed to be white!
Last time I did someones garage for nothing they asked me to do their garden table next time!! Get my drift?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Klean07

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 07:09:35 pm »
Hang on a minute!!

Now, correct me if im wrong, but a garage door is a 1 OFF clean right?

Would you clean the windows as a 1 OFF for cheap as chips?

No!!!

If I had someone clean my garage door, and they charged me a quid, i'd think what a mug.

I would pay for my whole street to have their garage doors cleaned.

Would you quickly clean there gutter for a quid?

Have a word with yourselfs

At last a guy with a brain!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2013, 08:26:58 pm »
I don't charge, takes a minute of my time and one happy custie.
+1
£5  :o :o
you charge only £10 for the whole house but £5 for the garage doors,ridiculous IMAO
I agree that's a ridiculous price to charge .....

I do a few every clean at 2 squid

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 09:46:46 pm »
Garage doors cleaned every visit! 
Why have nice clean windows, frames (if you are cleaning the frames) and doors BUT leave a dirty old garage door???????????????????????????????????????
Its like cleaning frames, a pain first time around but once cleaned properly they only take 30 seconds (max) too keep them looking good.

I believe that if you do a little more than is expected of you, you reap back a lot more in the long run.

Each too there own I suppose. I like giving a little. Its not all about the money money money!  ;D

ben M

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 10:12:29 pm »
Garage doors cleaned every visit! 
Why have nice clean windows, frames (if you are cleaning the frames) and doors BUT leave a dirty old garage door???????????????????????????????????????
Its like cleaning frames, a pain first time around but once cleaned properly they only take 30 seconds (max) too keep them looking good.

I believe that if you do a little more than is expected of you, you reap back a lot more in the long run.

Each too there own I suppose. I like giving a little. Its not all about the money money money!  ;D
+1

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 10:18:50 pm »
i also charge a fiver for a garage door if its filthy.no customer even questions the price.this is for a one off though not a regular.i do clean some garage doors every clean for some customers but thats in with a very good price for windows(£15 and upwards).

i certainly dont think its a "rip off" to charge £5 for a filthy garage door if its a one off say once a year.

i charged £120 the other week for a full UPVC clean and £20 for the windows on a new customers house.it took me 2 and a half hours.im certainly not gonna charge a quid extra for a garage door thats for sure!!

i have 3 very easy add on jobs to fit in with my regular window cleaning this week.small easy access conny roof(not very dirty)£40,soffit/outside gutter clean on small 3 bed semi £50 and a soffit/outside gutter clean on a small bungalow £40.these jobs will get done at the same time as cleaning the windows.each job will only take around 30-40 mins to clean then the time it takes to clean their windows so good money. ;D ;D

when these customers asked me to book them in for these add on jobs last month none of them questioned the price.

at the end of the day its you who will be losing out in the long run.customers will not expect you to clean their garage door for just a quid extra.
price higher/work harder!

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 10:40:54 pm »
IN THE LONG RUN  ;D
I dont lose out! Its the other windies in my area, with the exception of a few (on here) who do a good job!
I believe you are in a very nice postion dazmond! With your Council estate work (not all, but alot) You clean around 200 on one estate I believe with NO REAL competition?? Am I right? 
I might be wrong and it may not be council?? Do they have garage doors?
I live on a council estate so dont think I am having a go!!!!
 Daz I am not having a pop at you! I think you are great. Down to earth sort of guy.
My business is been built in a very saturated (with trad and wfp windies) area and every little helps.
IMO my bvusiness growth over the last 3 years is VERY VERY good. Due to the fact WE give a little of what is not expcted.
People around here get a 4 bed detached with conservatory cleaned for £7.00 by a local company(with 7 vans)
We need USP (oh and doing a good job  ;D)

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 10:42:34 pm »
Few spelling mistakes, must be the wine! ;D

wayupnorth

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 11:11:03 pm »
Fair enough, if it was minging, a fiver is fair.

When I price townhouses with the garages built in I usually say 'yes mr custard that'll be £12 and I'll do the Garage door each time to to keep it looking nice' no problems. external garages are one offs and depends on how dirty they are.

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 11:23:04 pm »
fair play kentclean.whatever works for you.no my chunk of very compact estate work of around 180 houses are all private houses.lots have garage doors/extensions/conservatories etc.

my price for a 4 bed detached would be £15(£20 with a conny)monthly.£25 for a 2 monthly.

there are lots of window cleaners in my area(15+ that i know of)

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 06:53:16 pm »
Perhaps everyone's missing an opportunity here?

We have many jobs where we include the garage door as part of the regular clean.  When I quote, if the job itself is a borderline £10 (our minimum price) I add on £2 and when I describe the service I stress that it includes: "all the frames, sills, doors and plastic panels and also, of course the garage door - every time"

So a £10 job that was teetering on being too cheap becomes a £12 job that's well within the price.

As others have pointed out, a regular garage door takes seconds to do each time.

PoleKing

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 07:31:03 pm »
Sometimes the benefits to be had aren't in money.
Extra recommendation here. Cup of tea there.
The few seconds it takes do clean the door could be worth much more than the extra £1,£2,£5 in your pocket.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

lee_dewing

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 07:40:03 pm »
I agree £5 for garage door.

If garage door not massive and done every month then £2.50

I got caught a while back, custie gave me a couple of quid extra and asked to do garage door.

She asked me this month as she was driving off, she's a nice lady always makes me a tea.

It's a big garage door and took 15mins of scrubbing with different brush on and magica.

left her a note saying no charge this time but in future £5 for garage door.

I felt awkard, lesson is never except tea and call custies sir/madam so business not friends :D

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle