Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

formb

Re: Weird uPVC problem
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 06:59:31 pm »
Quote from: niceandclean
Don't use a standard UPVC cleaner on any foiled or coloured plastic. You can buy cleaners that are specifically made for foils.

Got a link?

niceandclean

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 07:05:36 pm »
Quote from: niceandclean
Don't use a standard UPVC cleaner on any foiled or coloured plastic. You can buy cleaners that are specifically made for foils.

Got a link?

www.amazon.co.uk/Bond-It-solvent-cleaner-woodgrain-conservatory/dp/B006VCS3JG

Same stuff i use, but i get mine from www.mywindowmate.co.uk, but they don't advertise it on the site, have to ask for it.

formb

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 07:12:39 pm »
Cheers. I'll give that a go.

niceandclean

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 07:17:40 pm »

JamesAJF

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 09:19:09 pm »
looks like u have got water behind some sort of varnish it all most looks like blistering or something 
bish bash bosh

JamesAJF

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 09:28:10 pm »
do you use hot water if so did u have your hot water up to high :-\
bish bash bosh

formb

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 10:03:09 pm »
Cold water. Its not blistered, just looks faded.

rosskesava

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 01:24:59 am »
It cannot be anything to do with water otherwise rain would have the same effect.

There has to be some type of chemical involved.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Mike #1

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 05:33:49 am »
I Know i was not much help but how come it gets to a 2 page topic and nobody looks at the photo's and works out it is a wood grain oak effect pvc door  ??? ??? . Mike

Avo

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 07:16:48 am »
Showed my mate this pic and he's says he had the same thing happen last year on a black wood grain door.. Custy called him back to see it and it was only water used.. They canceled on him and he never got to the bottom of the problem..

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 08:21:32 am »
has she not had any work done on the wall above the door?

ive also got a few customers letterboxes that have gone like the one in the pic although i just go over with a cloth not wfp so its not the pure water.

maybe your brush was contaminated? ??? ???

let us know if you find out whats caused the problem mate.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

formb

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013, 08:57:30 am »
Quote from: Dazmond
has she not had any work done on the wall above the door?

No. I had the same thought as you, first thing I checked.

Geoff

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013, 05:15:56 pm »
Maybe some Sarin drifted over from Syria?  That's terrible for uPVC, that stuff.

luther1

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 05:54:02 pm »
Try vinegar,if not then t-cut.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 07:31:15 pm »
Hi Guys, I have seen this problem many times and its usually as a result of cleaning with high alkaline based cleaning chemicals which are caustic and corrosive, these type of harsh cleaning chemicals cause detrimental damage to many surfaces from continuous use. Unfortunately from my experience of this problem I don't think there is any cleaning solution to rectify it (I think for the customer its either paint the door or change it)

I'm not trying to preach to people here but this is something we have come across many times , it is the reason why we always recommend to our clients safe cleaning solutions based on colloidal micelles technology one of this centuries most promising advances in cleaning science, they are non-caustic,non-corrosive,non-toxic, and can be used safely to clean any surface washable with water, for this type of cleaning we would recommend a micelles based heavy duty degreaser , we have supplied this to many window cleaners who use it with their wfp systems on very dirty windows and they swear by the results.

Looking at those pictures it definitely looks to me that someone has used some sort of harsh cleaning chemical to deep clean an area above the door and the caustic or corrosive residue has run down the door and etched the surface. Double check with the owner that they or no one else has been in to clean any area of the front of the house.

rosskesava

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 01:23:46 am »
Looking at those pictures it definitely looks to me that someone has used some sort of harsh cleaning chemical to deep clean an area above the door and the caustic or corrosive residue has run down the door and etched the surface. Double check with the owner that they or no one else has been in to clean any area of the front of the house.

Yup. I agree.

I was trying to be diplomatic. Water would not do that ever. The streaks on the door, they are definitely caused by something caustic. Acid doesn't affect upv in that way.

What is puzzling is that what ever affected the door, didn't affect the window frames either side of the door otherwise the op would have said. So either what ever it was was used immediately above the door or more likely on the door itself and wasn't washed or rinsed off properly or the chemical or cleaning solution used wasn't diluted enough or maybe both.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013, 06:37:29 am »
if she hasnt had anything cleaned above the door and the op hasnt used any cleaning chemicals im sure its  heavy rain thats battered the wall above and mixed with something on the wall and dripped down.

Avo

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2013, 07:42:58 am »
Acid rain  ::)roll

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 12:11:57 am »
Hi Guys, im back on this one and yes Avo could be right (Acid) i talked to a guy who had been using a wfp system for years but got out of window cleaning and is now back doing carpentry work, he reckons using pure water used to affect his skin and cause damage to customers window frames,soffit and fascia,UPVC doors, and paintwork, and eventually just became afraid of using his system, he is gone from window cleaning over 4 years now so maybe the technology has changed today, at the time he went to a local company who do water testing and they told him that when water is purified it can turn it into an acidic cleaning solution which would be capable of causing damage to surfaces, he did say that after six months his skin problems cleared up, again guys i have no knowledge or experience of working with wfp systems so if there was problems in the past im sure with todays technology they would have them ironed out, at that time he said the water testing company tested the water from his system and it was reading 5 on the ph scale which would of made it very acidic, he also said that it was probably his own fault because he never got to grips with using and trying out different types of resins so decided that he had enough, so as i say i dont know how these systems work but maybe if the water is to pure it might also be more acidic, best to check this out with experts on the subject.

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 08:22:04 am »
hi mate.pure water defo affects your hands badly if you dont wear gloves.it dries my hands out really bad!its mildly solvent when pure but it doesnt damage UPVC in any way.

i would say it makes old wooden window frames rot quicker though.ive lost a few  of these jobs.

thankfully most customers have plastic window frames so no problems!! ;) ;D ;D