Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin jones

Solution / vacuum hoses
« on: February 24, 2006, 08:25:37 pm »
Hi
Is it possible to make your own solution / vacuum hose to custom size? Where would you buy the hoses to do so? Would it be cheaper than buying manufacturers own (over priced?) hose?
Cheers

Colin

Liahona

Re: Solution / vacuum hoses
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 08:30:54 pm »
good question, you may be best in just buying second hand ones or if you are going to buy a lot of hose then have them shipped from the US........ you looking for 2 inch or 1 1/2 inch??.......Best, Dave.

craigp

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 08:32:24 pm »
yes its poss. you can buy the solution hose, its just high pressure hose found in many industries, not sure were at mo, i know 'good year' make them and mine say 'arco' on them and i found the hose noncrush grey ones on a website once, may be some one can help more???

craig

Liahona

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 08:33:21 pm »
sorry, and what size solution hose, 1/4 or 3/8??, best Dave.

colin jones

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 08:36:44 pm »
To suit prochem steempro

Liahona

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 08:43:40 pm »
Colin I have no idea what a steempro is, if its a portable then I am sure it would be the smaller sizes you are after. Best, Dave.

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 09:06:58 pm »
I enquired about this before, and the solution hose pipe is easy to make by the manufacturer because they cut to length then crimp the ends on, or i used to crimp my own on. 

The vacumn pipe is also obtainable, but yiu would have to find a supplier of the soft joining cuffs. It cost me £30 for 2 times 7.5 mt length. Now price these with the manufacturer.

Dave

colin jones

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 09:15:25 pm »
Can you remember who supplied you with hoses?

tomh

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 09:22:27 pm »
if you want someone to come out to you make up or repair a presure hose any size pirtek are the people nation wide co ! as for vacuum hose would look in yellow pages hose's or pipe fittings had 1 of mine repaired localy could have made a new 1 up there & then

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 09:31:19 pm »
Hi Colin,

It's Gwent hydraulic hoses, based in Newport gwent. I was using an Extracta Excel, and the hose sprang a leak in the customers house. I used these people who supplied me with 2 lengthe of 7.5 metres with the ends crimped on. The hose is black in colour, and is non marking.

Funny though it is, if i used Craftex powder, the crimps used to pop off, so i started crimping them back on using a banding tool known as Ligarex which is strong enough to hold them on. There must be something in this powder to allow this to happen.

Also they supply the suction hose, but i dont know the price. Incidentally, get hold of a Craftex catalogue as i think they may sell the cuffs. Apart from this, there was a cleaning magazine that was sent to me with a reply card for enquiries, and i used to get the catalogues from the suppliers, such as water pumps etc.

Dave

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 09:34:00 pm »
Pirtek are very good and i would use them for my truck mount hoses due to their high pressure and heat ability, and they supply all the couplings etc, and keep a record of your requirements for future reference.

If i was running a portable though, i tend to source local for cheapness.

Dave

colin jones

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 09:37:27 pm »
Cheers, and thanks for info

craigp

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 09:42:09 pm »
liahona,

he needs 1 1/2" hose and 1/4" or 3/8" solution hose will do, you know were else they can be sourced then?

Liahona

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 09:46:40 pm »
not here in England too bloody expensive. I still have most about 90% of my chemicals and all my machines sent over from the States. It works out just over half the price. Best, Dave.

Liahona

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 09:56:38 pm »
John Flynn has  50ft of 1/4 inch for sale, a steel at 25 quid. Best, Dave.

craigp

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 10:01:21 pm »
i think u got right idea there dave, i think ill try the states in future, more competitive on there prices, they dont seem to compete here they all stick together and charge a bomb!

regards, craig

gwrightson

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 10:26:11 am »
Take the specs to pirteck hoses and couplings, or a sample for that matter.
if they dont stock they can source them, and much cheaper " in my opinion
 geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Dennis

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 10:33:36 am »
That's one advantage to living in an offshore related town, there's companies here with more hoses and fittings than you could shake a stick at!  :)

cleaning co

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 12:07:34 pm »
hi dave , what machines to u hav shipped here ?

Brent

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 01:22:55 pm »
Hi

Try "duel-pumps" they sell both by the metre, and the cuffs about £5 ish a metre i got 25m solution hose from B&Q red or blue same as the washing machine inlet hose just check temp. on them. Think duel-pumps have a web site and can order a catalog. Its worth a look.

Brent.
Cry Havoc ....................... and let slip the Carpet Cleaners !
www.gccleaners.com