This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CLEANCARE WC

customers on standing order
« on: May 11, 2013, 05:13:29 pm »
Is there any way you can check if a customer has set up a standing order before the date it hits your bank

i.e. you pick up a new customer 3 monthly and you say payment terms are cash/cheque on first clean the and a  S.O. must be set up for 12 weeks time.

The customer impressed by your service, sets up the S.O. as agreed within a couple of weeks of the first clean..
Is there any way of checking that they have set it up? or do you have to wait & wonder if they have actually done it until 3 months later?

Any info appreciated.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Tom White

Re: customers on standing order
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 05:16:02 pm »
The only way you know your customer has set up a standing order is either by asking, "Have you done it?" or when the cash hits your bank.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 05:22:21 pm »
The only way you know your customer has set up a standing order is either by asking, "Have you done it?" or when the cash hits your bank.

Hmmmn back to the drawing board! Thanks  :(
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 07:36:55 pm »
I get paid a few monthly standing orders for jobs I clean monthly.  If I'm ever late, ie receive two payments without a clean, I refund a payment through their letter box in cash when I tip up to clean.

It requires the customer to trust you.

For the rest, and I have a couple of houses that are let and the customers don't live in the area (one in London the other in New Zealand), I just e-mail them and they pay me by bank transfer.

The others I just leave a note and they pay me by bank transfer.

I advertise this on my 'Your Window Cleaner Has Been' chits and quite a few pay this way now.  I get paid quicker from the bloke who lives in New Zealand than Mrs Smith who lives down my street.