This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

aftab

Advice on buying a round.
« on: May 11, 2013, 01:54:20 pm »
I seen a window cleaning round for sale which is around 600 every 6 weeks, selling for around 2500.  I spoke with the owner who was a bulgarian who said his had it for around 3 years.  It all sounded ok untill i seen the same advert on a different site around a year earlier but with the same tel number.  Also when talking with said owner he says that it will be better for changeover if he tells the customers that we are working for him untill they get used to us as they are pretty old.  Im pretty cautious with it all now but could do with some extra work.  Any suggestions on how to take this deal fwd in my favour ?

8)

cheers all.

PoleKing

Re: Advice on buying a round.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 01:59:38 pm »
Go with your gut.
If it seems dodgy it probably is.
If you walk away you'll never really know but if you buy it and its a crock you'll always think 'I knew it was a crock'

If you've got £2.5k to spend. A lot of blokes make that a month.
Why not try canvassing your own work for a month? If you did, say, 5pm-9pm 6 days a week that's best part of 100 hours-I'm sure you'd get the £600 PCM offered here.
And it'd probably be priced better as you'd price what you wanted.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

aftab

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 02:02:44 pm »
That sounds like gd advice, sometimes u try to buy work  just to get ahead a little.

DavidWright76

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 04:08:45 pm »
Advice on buying a round - If he was drinking a single tell him to fak orf if he says he want's a double.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 04:13:47 pm »
Sounds too dodgy to me mate, steer well clear.
If you could find a decent canvasser you could get quite a bit of work for £2500

robertphil

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 04:14:17 pm »
have you seen him around cleaning? if not,why not ?

H20cleaning

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 06:15:16 pm »
i started with 16 customers in 2011, just over 2 years later i have 180 regular customers, i get around 20-25 conservatorys, 10-15 facias and gutters and a few driveways and patios each year!
To this day i have only got rid of 5000 leaflets, if im totally honest last year i was a lazy B***** but this year i have done nothing but work I disagree off and it works.
Dont buy work just find your own

H20cleaning

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 06:20:42 pm »
I disagree off***

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 06:56:18 pm »
Never ever ever buy work of someone you dont know simples  , Get out with leaflets and canvass best way forward . Mike

GoodFella2006

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 11:00:53 pm »
There are so many houses with the no cold callers warnings on their doors.It looks like canvassing will be  past thing in near future.

I bought four small small rounds from four strangers.All the work was already WFP s didn't have to explain anyone what the magic is.All custies were used to pay by SAE's so never needed to collect.

brynley

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 10:27:27 am »
i sold some work last year, all the customers were told that he was helping me out, i felt that as i had had them a long time most didn't like change and once they got used to him, most were fine, he only lost a few which i replaced, also he payed half up front and the rest after 2 months.

i still speak with him and have passed some more work onto him that i didn't want, i suppose you have to trust your instinks, but then i'm totally honest and wouldn't con any one

Dave Turley

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 01:48:55 pm »
i sold some work last year, all the customers were told that he was helping me out, i felt that as i had had them a long time most didn't like change and once they got used to him, most were fine, he only lost a few which i replaced, also he payed half up front and the rest after 2 months.

i still speak with him and have passed some more work onto him that i didn't want, i suppose you have to trust your instinks, but then i'm totally honest and wouldn't con any one

That's exactly how I do it, with the same outcome.

I send a letter to each custy explaining that they'll be helping for a while. It has a photo of the new cleaner and their van.

It works really well.

aftab

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 07:58:13 pm »
If I was offered the terms at which you sold your round at ie  half up front and the remainder after two months or 2 cleans I would most definately go for that.  I cant believe that these are common terms especially in birmingham or surronding areas.  The person I was trying to buy some work off wanted all the money up front and then would show me the round with an intro.  There was no cover for losing customers as they claimed that was down to luk.  If I had known the windie or had I seen him work ( 30 miles away )  I would have gone for it, but now I have to give it a miss as I'm not comfortable.