This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

so what are the new clamps like guys?
« on: May 11, 2013, 09:01:25 am »
for those that have the new gardiner clamps whats the verdict?

im gonna order 3 clamp kits for my poles when there back in stock! ;) :) :)
price higher/work harder!

David Kent @ KentKleen

Re: so what are the new clamps like guys?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 11:21:13 am »
They take a little getting used too IMO.

After a couple of hours of your mind telling you that the section is going to spin because it feels like you have not closed the lever as tight as you should, you get used too it.

They feel as if they lock into place even though you are using minimum pressure to close them.

hope this helps

ben M

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 11:32:31 am »
They take a little getting used too IMO.

After a couple of hours of your mind telling you that the section is going to spin because it feels like you have not closed the lever as tight as you should, you get used too it.

They feel as if they lock into place even though you are using minimum pressure to close them.

hope this helps

do you like them then?

bobplum

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 11:51:31 am »

have i missed something what's a clamp kit...........i hate being left behind :D

ben M

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 11:54:37 am »

have i missed something what's a clamp kit...........i hate being left behind :D
have you been on holiday? ;D

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Gardiner-Smart-Clamp-DIY-Upgrade-Kits-ClampII_SET.html  ;)

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 12:28:05 pm »
Yes love them!!!!!!!

keyser soze

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 02:54:39 pm »
really good idea and the poles an improvement . no black hands.... loving it. well done gardiner

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 03:18:49 pm »
Yes they do take a bit of getting used to, but yes they are good. The real test will be when i fit the clamp kit to my 3year old slx to see it clamping on the worn and unworn pole surface. I just cant summon the enthusiasm to do it atm  :)
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 04:54:19 pm »
Im not sure if this tip as been told on here before but as far as the "spinning sections" that you get when they wear a little. Ive got a easy (albeit temp) fix solution... Electricity tape!  ;) Honestly just like when you use tape for the positive stop ends on each section, when a section starts to wear and spin, just use a wrap of tape on that part of the pole section (normally at the top where it get the most use!

having said that it as to be WELL worn other wise it just acts as a positive stop at the top (which still accomplishes the job)

And having said all this im still gonna upgrage to the smart clamps for my slx 30  :)

ben M

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 04:58:31 pm »
Im not sure if this tip as been told on here before but as far as the "spinning sections" that you get when they wear a little. Ive got a easy (albeit temp) fix solution... Electricity tape!  ;) Honestly just like when you use tape for the positive stop ends on each section, when a section starts to wear and spin, just use a wrap of tape on that part of the pole section (normally at the top where it get the most use!

having said that it as to be WELL worn other wise it just acts as a positive stop at the top (which still accomplishes the job)

And having said all this im still gonna upgrage to the smart clamps for my slx 30  :)
but you have to change the tape every 2 or 3 days,not great IMAO

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 05:06:54 pm »

have you been on holiday? ;D

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Gardiner-Smart-Clamp-DIY-Upgrade-Kits-ClampII_SET.html  ;)

i think i need one

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 05:23:56 pm »

The tape doesnt last, but in my experiance it doesnt need changing every two or three days either.

Regards

GB

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 05:33:36 pm »
So how do these new smart clamps actually work then? ive searched for the answer before bugging people on here but even on gardiners web site it doesn give an explanation?!

Cheers

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 06:25:21 pm »
Sprung loaded apparently. Not got mine yet but looking forward to no more spinning and collapsing sections on my Xtreme poles.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 06:28:00 pm »
Sprung loaded apparently. Not got mine yet but looking forward to no more spinning and collapsing sections on my Xtreme poles.

Ah yeah, that makes sense. I thought it would be something along those lines. Cheers dave

8weekly

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 06:29:43 pm »
I use electricity tape GB. Last 2-3 weeks. I have my CLX poles prepped and assembled but not glued as I didn't have time. They grip beautifully though. I am not one of the Alex sycophants, but well done Gardiners on a nice redesign job.

ben M

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 06:30:31 pm »
So how do these new smart clamps actually work then? ive searched for the answer before bugging people on here but even on gardiners web site it doesn give an explanation?!

Cheers
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Gardiner-Smart-Clamp-DIY-Upgrade-Kits-ClampII_SET.html
watch the 1st video  ;)

ben M

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 06:33:02 pm »

The tape doesnt last, but in my experiance it doesnt need changing every two or three days either.

Regards

GB
ok GB,probably right on well worn pole  ;)

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 07:22:42 pm »
Yeah my idea's only a temp fix. the trouble is alot of my temp fixes as of late turn in to semi perminant!  ;D

Dougaldum

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 09:06:54 pm »
I took the springs out of my brodex  clamps and put them in the gardeners clamps and works very good and yes I have order new clamps  ;)