Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

Re: gutter cleaning job quote tommorow.
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 12:13:07 am »
;0)

I wonder how much Ben would charge to do it trad and how long it would take him.
I don't do trad and inside Matt,sorry.

ben M

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 12:14:09 am »
By the way you still haven't responded to an earlier question I put.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 12:15:41 am »
;0)

I wonder how much Ben would charge to do it trad and how long it would take him.

Dont do or can't ?

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2013, 12:16:08 am »

Sorry, what question was that?

ben M

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2013, 12:16:50 am »
;0)

Dont do or can't?
i can yes

ben M

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2013, 12:17:45 am »

i said £80 every 6 or 8 weeks or £60 every 4 weeks, i don't know what is wrong with that?

rosskesava

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2013, 12:17:57 am »
This is true Ross. However in this fellas instance I wouldnt say that is the case. The chap I refer to is highly motivated, employ three guys, and certainly doesnt suffer fools gladly.

He'd be the last to be a 'busy fool' as we talk about on here sometimes.

Even good salesmen for large companies can get into the habit of not going for the best price.

I'm not saying your friend is wrong, what I'm saying is that often when someone says about 'this area' what they really mean is that 'they themselves'. It can become a mind set and in the past, I've done it myself.

I have work in the East End of London as well as down here in Brighton. Someone posted on this forum the other week about how low the prices are there whereas I charge much higher prices because of the problems with parking and getting from A to B.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2013, 12:18:19 am »
You can?

That's in contradiction to this.

Why would you ever need to even learn trad skills if you had wfp? I dont see why but am willing to be educated...

i will never do trad, and i will never do insides. so there is no need to learn if your WFP.
EXACTLY, same for me!

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2013, 12:19:23 am »

i said £80 every 6 or 8 weeks or £60 every 4 weeks, i don't know what is wrong with that?

Is that a question? To me?

ben M

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2013, 12:22:22 am »
You can?

That's in contradiction to this.

Why would you ever need to even learn trad skills if you had wfp? I dont see why but am willing to be educated...

i will never do trad, and i will never do insides. so there is no need to learn if your WFP.
EXACTLY, same for me!
i can now a year later lol
not difficult to trad a bit,is it?  ;)

ben M

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2013, 12:25:32 am »

yes do you think my prices are too high? probably the house will be sold soon and he is not sure to keep the customer!

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2013, 12:25:52 am »
Are you asking another question or is that a statement?

I'd like to think its a statement, considering you're meant to be a professional window cleaner, but there is a question mark at the end of the sentence; which leads to me believe you might be asking me.

If you are asking me if I find cleaning trad easy the answer is, yes I do. Its a piece of cake. I can do it with my eyes closed, left and right handed. When youve done it long enough its like riding a bike.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2013, 12:28:37 am »

yes do you think my prices are too high? probably the house will be sold soon and he is not sure to keep the customer!

No, I dont think you're prices are too high. I think the price you quoted ON HERE is too high. There are lots on here who like to make out they're something that in reality they aren't, quoting higher prices than what is realistic is one way of doing that.

There was a fella in that thread where you said you couldnt clean trad who also said he couldn't clean trad. A month ago he was claiming he was making £400 a day profit. I seriously doubt that now. I thought he was more clued up than he is in reality.

ben M

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2013, 12:34:53 am »

No, I dont think you're prices are too high. I think the price you quoted ON HERE is too high. There are lots on here who like to make out they're something that in reality they aren't, quoting higher prices than what is realistic is one way of doing that.

if you don't try you don't get it
If you do doors,frames and sills, it would take you more than 40 mins to be honest
i always take my time to do a good job!
pay peanuts you get monkeys  ;)

ben M

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2013, 12:37:03 am »
Anyway time for bed now,thanks for the chat Matt.
Good night.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2013, 12:37:27 am »
 ;)

You think its expensive to employ a professional? You should try employing an amateur.

ben M

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2013, 12:40:02 am »

There was a fella in that thread where you said you couldnt clean trad who also said he couldn't clean trad. A month ago he was claiming he was making £400 a day profit. I seriously doubt that now. I thought he was more clued up than he is in reality.
i am happy when i do £200 a day profit  ;)

ben M

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2013, 12:46:57 am »
;)

You think its expensive to employ a professional? You should try employing an amateur.
i mean if a customer pay a very low price a window cleaner to do the clean, don't expect a very good job
pay peanuts get monkeys  ;)

8weekly

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2013, 07:44:45 am »
The only thing is that I factor in travel if they are in an outlying village. For example I do a large house about 10 miles out and I add £40 on to what I would normally charge. But I reckon £50-£60 is about right assuming it is not isolated from other work.