This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

8weekly

Re: gutter cleaning job quote tommorow.
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 06:25:47 pm »
I thought £60 8 weekly. Quick job I'd have thought. Glad you concur Matt.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 06:31:25 pm »
 ;)

niceandclean

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 06:53:14 pm »
Gutter vac definately.
£200 got it booked in for next saturday.
£50 every 4 weeks for windows.
Also off to quote his fish factory next week.
Windows arent that many.most gutters are low too and are black so shouldnt be too bad.

Is that every four weeks until sold?

windiewasher

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 10:25:56 pm »
Theres been a few on here saying prices in devon are very low.ben you must be the exception  ;D
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

ben M

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 10:36:16 pm »
Theres been a few on here saying prices in devon are very low.ben you must be the exception  ;D
??? ??? where did you see that?
devon=south so better prices than north mate
minimum price for me is £10
i haven't got a full round yet but all customers are well priced  ;)

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 11:09:29 pm »
I know a window cleaner who's been shining for 20 years. We worked together for a short while, he's been window cleaning in Devon for 10 years now and always says the prices down there aren't the same as here.

I believe him, as he's been in the game 20 years so knows his stuff.

ben M

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 11:20:50 pm »
 i know a window cleaner who's been shining for 25 years in devon and charge £6 for a 3 semi detached! ::)roll
If you don't believe me about my prices,fine no prob at all mate  ;)

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 11:37:31 pm »
So the going rate in Devon is £2.25 a window?

windiewasher

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 11:38:59 pm »
Blue frog or something like that saying 8 pounds for a semi.
Total £  so far.

ben M

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 11:40:17 pm »

in manchester probably

ben M

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 11:43:54 pm »
i said £80 every 6 or 8 weeks or £60 every 4 weeks, i don't know what is wrong with that?

windiewasher

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2013, 11:46:00 pm »

in manchester probably
No hes devon.he says alot are charging 6 and he charges 8.
Although im not fussed m8.
Total £  so far.

ben M

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 11:47:58 pm »

in manchester probably
No hes devon.he says alot are charging 6 and he charges 8.
Although im not fussed m8.
good for him or them
i don't charge this price

rosskesava

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 11:54:34 pm »
I know a window cleaner who's been shining for 20 years. We worked together for a short while, he's been window cleaning in Devon for 10 years now and always says the prices down there aren't the same as here.

Window cleaners can get into a habit of pricing according to how their own view of what price the customer will accept.

There's a window cleaner I've known for years around here who says exactly the same thing about this area. He's also been window cleaning since the year dot.

The prices he charges are to me way to low but he says the customers won't accept etc etc etc but I seem to have no problem getting good prices for jobs.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

ben M

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 11:58:23 pm »

Window cleaners can get into a habit of pricing according to how their own view of what price the customer will accept.

There's a window cleaner I've known for years around here who says exactly the same thing about this area. He's also been window cleaning since the year dot.

The prices he charges are to me way to low but he says the customers won't accept etc etc etc but I seem to have no problem getting good prices for jobs.
Thank you Rosskesava,  Matt is probably frustrated because he can't get good prices  ;)

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 11:59:25 pm »
This is true Ross. However in this fellas instance I wouldnt say that is the case. The chap I refer to is highly motivated, employ three guys, and certainly doesnt suffer fools gladly.

He'd be the last to be a 'busy fool' as we talk about on here sometimes.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2013, 12:01:17 am »

Thank you Rosskesava, probably Matt is frustrated because he can't get good prices  ;)

Im not frustrated at all mate. Odd you should say that as you dont know my pricing structure. I can only assume you're taking it personally. Which is a shame as it wasnt meant that way.

By the way you still havent responded to an earlier question I put.

windiewasher

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 12:05:47 am »

The prices he charges are to me way to lo ;Dw but he says the customers won't accept etc etc etc but I seem to have no problem getting good prices for jobs.
Thank you Rosskesava, probably Matt is frustrated because he can't get good prices  ;)

Im not frustrated at all mate. Odd you should say that as you dont know my pricing structure. I can only assume you're taking it personally. Which is a shame as it wasnt meant that way.

No hes a fiver a window
Total £  so far.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 12:12:01 am »
;0)

I wonder how much Ben would charge to do it trad and how long it would take him.

ben M

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 12:12:15 am »

i was joking mate. When i do a quote, i never count the windows, i charge regarding the time i will spend to do the clean. Always easier to charge more with a big house. I never charge more for the 1st clean but my price is not negotiable! Take longer to built my round but so far i believe,i have a well priced round (and never lost a customer in 2 years time)