Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

getting a good price on houses
« on: May 09, 2013, 10:56:55 am »
Are prices  in the north really low compared to down south , im in south Yorkshire where a 3 bedroom semi will be done for for around £6 maybe down south this would be around £12 .
Over the last few weeks ive been picking up a good bit of work but thought to myself im going to try and give a price that would be charged down south and what a result .
All new houses ive doubled the price of what I would have charged and everyone was ok with this .
where theres muck theres money

p1w1

Re: getting a good price on houses
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 11:18:45 am »
I know prices can very across the country..but I'm a big believer in selling yourself and your service to the customer then just pricing the going rate..good on you for trying.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:08:44 pm »
Sometimes we set our own ceiling at a lower level than we need. I do sometimes anyway.

For example, how much would you feel comfortable spending on a pair of shoes?

Let's say it's £30. If so you may well not even consider anything above £50 because you set yourself a price you feel comfy with.
It's a game of three halves!

Granny

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:19:58 pm »
Hi Gold
You changed your name!
Like it.
A distinguished name that - there's not many of us about - Quality is not common ;D ;D ;D

Granville

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 02:17:58 pm »
What kind of service are you offering and how much we got a couple of new ones 3 bed semis got a tenner for them
Spit and polish

DG Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 06:24:02 pm »
Are prices  in the north really low compared to down south , im in south Yorkshire where a 3 bedroom semi will be done for for around £6 maybe down south this would be around £12 .
Over the last few weeks ive been picking up a good bit of work but thought to myself im going to try and give a price that would be charged down south and what a result .
All new houses ive doubled the price of what I would have charged and everyone was ok with this .

What's your secret mate?

tlwcs

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 06:27:04 pm »

What's your secret mate?

Confidence and a full round I bet.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 07:40:10 pm »
What kind of service are you offering and how much we got a couple of new ones 3 bed semis got a tenner for them
just offer to clean windows /frames and doors .

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 07:56:55 pm »

What's your secret mate?
no secret mate just thought I would try higher prices and its working , you no yourself dg that prices around the Barnsley area are low compared to other areas , prices around here haven't gone up much since 1990 WHY NOT ? theres allways young lads starting up and wanting to charge £3 per house that will allways happen and that's why prices have stuck at a low rate .
I just now give my price based on the work I do and not what others are charging in the same area , take today for example did a first clean on a 3 bedroom semi charged £18 then set the price at £12 every month customer was really happy even after paying the last cleaner £4.50 .

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 08:00:24 pm »

What's your secret mate?

Confidence and a full round I bet.
not a full round yet but working on it , used to be working 6 days a week but sold a lot on and now im building up more but better paid work .

windiewasher

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 08:06:04 pm »
Nice one m8,has to be done.The ones that say know dont worry about it and move on!
Theres a few around my way cleaning 3 bed semis for £8 every 2 weeks but people dont want them doing that often,i get them at £10 all day long!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 08:32:51 pm »

What's your secret mate?
no secret mate just thought I would try higher prices and its working , you no yourself dg that prices around the Barnsley area are low compared to other areas , prices around here haven't gone up much since 1990 WHY NOT ? theres allways young lads starting up and wanting to charge £3 per house that will allways happen and that's why prices have stuck at a low rate .
I just now give my price based on the work I do and not what others are charging in the same area , take today for example did a first clean on a 3 bedroom semi charged £18 then set the price at £12 every month customer was really happy even after paying the last cleaner £4.50 .

All I can say is well done mate.
Its good to see a windy round here going for it price wise.
Fills me with confidence as I may be about to start some serious canvassing if I'm going redundant  ;D

WGB

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 09:15:10 pm »
Mate i had the same situation over here when i started out, i didnt even bother looking in to what other windys where charging local to me. I read a good few posts on what windys were charging in england and it was in around £1 per opening give or take a few pence, so thats what i decided to do too, so went knocking doors and was picking up 3 bed semis for around the £12 mark and no one battered an eyelid. A while down the line i found out that the going rate was £6-7 mark, still have most of them custys 3 years later. Charge about £10-13 now for new custys i pick up now depending on frequency(3 bed simis). But would def advise to keep ur prices high because you will be sure to get it. In my experience low pricing is just a bad mind set to be in.

Wayne

gavinb

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 09:25:06 pm »
I can get £3.50 for a 3 bed semi all day around here i have tried to push to a fiver but some seem hesitant i reckon out of new quotes im picking up %25 at a five a pop .

elite mike

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 09:35:51 pm »
well done dave  8)

there are some round here charging 4 quid a house  ::)roll

picked up 2 ex council houses today, and quoted£9.00 for the first one

and £12.00 for the second , they bit my hand off .

despite paying stupidly low prices before to window cleaners coming from newport. 20 miles away.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 05:57:56 am »
If you charge more but offer excellent service ie frames doors and longer frequency say 6weeks I think it's possible to get higher prices up here in the republic
Spit and polish

DG Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 06:56:47 am »

Are these 4 weekly?

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 09:12:26 am »

Are these 4 weekly?
yes mate 4 weekly , even been asked by a few why I don't do fortnightly like the old one used to .
Got 3 more quotes to do today and will see if my luck continues .
What areas you working DG ? do you go to worsbourgh /bankend ? ive had loads ask me to go there but not really bothered about going into other areas so if you wanting more work get some flyers out around there .

DG Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 10:02:29 am »

Are these 4 weekly?
yes mate 4 weekly , even been asked by a few why I don't do fortnightly like the old one used to .
Got 3 more quotes to do today and will see if my luck continues .
What areas you working DG ? do you go to worsbourgh /bankend ? ive had loads ask me to go there but not really bothered about going into other areas so if you wanting more work get some flyers out around there .

I'm in Hoyland and Elsecar but I live 5 mins from there.
Never really thought about Bank End with it being more or less in Kendray
I'll give it a go though, cheers ;D

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 12:17:41 am »
get yourself gone you will pick up loads dg .