Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

With the new Gardiner pole range and clamp, do you think facelift phoenix must R.I.P now?  ;)

yes
37.1%
33 (37.1%)
no
39.3%
35 (39.3%)
i don't know
23.6%
21 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 74

ben M

facelift vs Gardiner
« on: May 08, 2013, 08:56:35 pm »
 As above  ;)

elite mike

Re: facelift vs Gardiner
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 09:03:52 pm »
i use slx and clx poles and they have been very good.

if facelift would like to send me one of the new poles, i would happily give an honest review.

same goes to alex  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 09:41:49 pm »
both poles look the business IMO BUT i think ill be sticking with gardiners as the new clamps look to have sorted the dreaded wear on the top 3 sections.

as i have spent over £1200 on 3 gardiner poles,brushes and goosenecks in the last few years im hoping with the new clamp upgrades they last a good few years yet before needing replacing.
price higher/work harder!

CleanClear

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 09:42:31 pm »
Most comfortable clamps i ever found was the ones that come on the extel poles. Maybe Gardiners and Facelift might consider offering them as an alternative ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

DG Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »
I hope not the industry needs competition.
Facelift could do themselves a favour and be a bit clearer and more straight forward regarding their poles though.

Ste M

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »
ive got both poles, i like both poles, the only thing i think is wrong is that facelift have priced their poles the same as gardeners. gardiners have a proven record and are the leaders so they set the price, facelift should of come in slightly cheaper to try an get a foothold in the market, thats my only gripe, other than that both poles are great

Stephen Fox

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 01:30:47 am »
Nice pole Ben! (pun intended!)

The Phoenix range has made excellent head way in the wfp world and continues to do so. New poles and extension sections coming at the end of the month. Competition is good for everyone as we've seen.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 07:34:42 am »
Nice pole Ben! (pun intended!)

The Phoenix range has made excellent head way in the wfp world and continues to do so. New poles and extension sections coming at the end of the month. Competition is good for everyone as we've seen.

Too little too late I reckon!!

mark m

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 10:27:55 am »
I have both poles and facelift won hands down but I have ordered new Gardeners clamps now so we will see

firefly123

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 01:47:23 pm »
i have a phoenix 25 have to say the one thing that lets it down is where the resi neck screws on to the plastic piece that slots in the top section of pole snapped twice no pressure on it at all you cant just drill it out you have to saw 2 inches off the end thats what lets it down had to have a 30 foot pole for  work wish i had waited for gardiners now
shiney one

Stephen Fox

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 02:47:26 pm »
i have a phoenix 25 have to say the one thing that lets it down is where the resi neck screws on to the plastic piece that slots in the top section of pole snapped twice no pressure on it at all you cant just drill it out you have to saw 2 inches off the end thats what lets it down had to have a 30 foot pole for  work wish i had waited for gardiners now

Firefly, do you have a 25 or 26UL pole? Sounds like the Ultra-Lite section which would be the 26. Have you had an Aquadapter on the pole? Also, where/when did you purchase it from. If you can send me your details I can sort a replacement section out if this is the case or send out the extension sections to take it up to 30ft when they are released.

elite mike

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 09:45:29 pm »
i have a phoenix 25 have to say the one thing that lets it down is where the resi neck screws on to the plastic piece that slots in the top section of pole snapped twice no pressure on it at all you cant just drill it out you have to saw 2 inches off the end thats what lets it down had to have a 30 foot pole for  work wish i had waited for gardiners now

Firefly, do you have a 25 or 26UL pole? Sounds like the Ultra-Lite section which would be the 26. Have you had an Aquadapter on the pole? Also, where/when did you purchase it from. If you can send me your details I can sort a replacement section out if this is the case or send out the extension sections to take it up to 30ft when they are released.

that sounds like good custy service , good on you  8)

keyser soze

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 01:01:36 am »
of course not ... phoenix has a place in the market and is probably gardeners closest competitor

David Salkeld

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 06:03:42 am »
My opinion....

We have come a long way since the wobbly glassfibre beasts we started with.
Facelift had carbon fibre poles before Gardiners but were stinking dear.
Alex Gardiner worked hard and developed the best, affordable Water Fed Pole on the market.
Others have tried......Ionics Grafter. Facelift Phoenix etc. But Gardiners have won the heart of us mainstream window cleaners.

David
Good Honest Service

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 07:10:17 am »

that sounds like good custy service , good on you  8)

Is it? Its called damage limitation. The good service is to have produced a part that wouldn't break in the first place. Despite the assurances, it would appear that there are still faulty items out in the market place.

As a user, if this was my pole, would I buy another? I doubt it.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Stephen Fox

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 08:14:13 am »

Is it? Its called damage limitation. The good service is to have produced a part that wouldn't break in the first place. Despite the assurances, it would appear that there are still faulty items out in the market place.

Spruce, apparently you've worked in the manufacturing industry (?) Have you ever known a company to produce a product with absolutely no issues when out in the field......? Your statemtent is pretty ridculous with your background. I'll remind you of this next time a part on your pole goes down!  ;) I'm guessing it wont be a Facelift one  ;D

andyM

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 08:29:36 am »

Spruce, apparently you've worked in the manufacturing industry (?) Have you ever known a company to produce a product with absolutely no issues when out in the field......? Your statemtent is pretty ridculous with your background. I'll remind you of this next time a part on your pole goes down!  ;) I'm guessing it wont be a Facelift one  ;D

Have to agree to be honest.
There are not many manufacturing processes that can guarantee 100% zero defects, the ones that can will still produce defective products but they will be filtered out in the Q.A inspection. And this will all come at an increased price to the customer.
I believe Facelift are addressing the issue as fairly as they can in this instance.
Fair play to them.
One of the Plebs

rick trinder

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 08:55:03 am »
i have a facelift 26 ul and had a problem! theese things will happen. everything was sorted out for me in the fastest time possibe. that for me is what i want to see in a company. well done facelift.
always looking on the BRIGHTSIDE!

chez

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 02:33:13 pm »

My Gardeners sections started spinning after 4 months, does that count?

keyser soze

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 03:00:19 pm »

My Gardeners sections started spinning after 4 months, does that count?

the new ones won't