This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sham33

Do you need pre filters for a duel DI setup
« on: May 05, 2013, 07:59:43 pm »
As title thinking of going the twin DI route for certain reasons. My tap water is about 280ppm would pre filtesr be needed for DI setup?

Thanks.

DG Cleaning

Re: Do you need pre filters for a duel DI setup
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 08:12:36 pm »
You need an ro

sham33

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »
I have a Merlin RO I want to make water on the go from my van. Filling up is very awkward where I live.

Any one with a DI set up do you use pre filters?

gavinb

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 09:01:49 pm »
No i use twin DI and my tap ppm is 240 .
You will use a fair bit of resin but its quicker .

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 09:03:54 pm »
As title thinking of going the twin DI route for certain reasons. My tap water is about 280ppm would pre filtesr be needed for DI setup?

Thanks.

No pre-filters.

For best resin economy, fill tank with tap water & pump through the two vessels on the van.  ;)

GoodFella2006

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 10:57:46 pm »
I need a DI only backup setup as well.

When i run out of water,I call it a day because most of my work is far away from home.

Don't you think it makes sense to prefilter the water (+300 ppm) before the DI to prolong resins life?

What about adding a water softener to that.

It must at least double the resin life  ???

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 12:01:14 am »

When i run out of water,I call it a day because most of my work is far away from home.

Don't you think it makes sense to prefilter the water (+300 ppm) before the DI to prolong resins life?

I've no experience with water softener, my tap water is between 70-90ppm.

sham33

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 08:42:31 am »
There's them new vessels out now that are supposed to be up to 30% more efficient with the resin. I've found somewhere online where you can get 25ltrs of resin for £58 inc vat and free delivery. Add all these things up and it could be workable even with 300 ppm water I think. I'm busting myself up filling the van with 25 litre barrels from a 2nd floor flat.

I guess renting a unit is another option but that would work out far more expensive surely I use about 400 litres a day and I'm expanding due to a mass flyer drop.

GoodFella2006

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 09:21:29 am »
Thanks for the info Paul.I use a static Ro system but i don't want to buy a bigger van and carry bigger tank so just want to fill from custies tap time to time.

What I really want to find out is;

Does prefiltering the hard water entends the DI resins life or not.

I'm goint to experiment using these filters before the DI and see how much good quality water I can produce;

Sediment Filter
GAC Filter
Carbon Block Chlorine Filter
Fibredyne CFBC Sediment/Carbon Pre-Filter
Water softener

and also try DI only and compare.

paul alan

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 12:05:34 pm »
There's them new vessels out now that are supposed to be up to 30% more efficient with the resin. I've found somewhere online where you can get 25ltrs of resin for £58 inc vat and free delivery. Add all these things up and it could be workable even with 300 ppm water I think. I'm busting myself up filling the van with 25 litre barrels from a 2nd floor flat.

I guess renting a unit is another option but that would work out far more expensive surely I use about 400 litres a day and I'm expanding due to a mass flyer drop.

which new d I vessels mate? Where do I find them? Cheers

sham33

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 01:43:38 pm »
Thanks for the info Paul.I use a static Ro system but i don't want to buy a bigger van and carry bigger tank so just want to fill from custies tap time to time.

What I really want to find out is;

Does prefiltering the hard water entends the DI resins life or not.

I'm goint to experiment using these filters before the DI and see how much good quality water I can produce;

Sediment Filter
GAC Filter

Carbon Block Chlorine Filter
Fibredyne CFBC Sediment/Carbon Pre-Filter
Water softener

and also try DI only and compare.

Hey goodfella did you try your experiment?

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 02:14:50 pm »

I know this is an 'old' thread, but a water softener doesn't actually soften the water. Putting the water through a softener removes the magnesium and calcium ions in the water and replaces them with sodium ions. Your ppm reading will be the same as after the softener as it was at the tap. So your resin won't last longer I'm afraid.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)