Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

How would you print your prices on a leaflet

By the metre
19.4%
13 (19.4%)
By the room
25.4%
17 (25.4%)
Don't put any prices on
55.2%
37 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Bernard Hibbs

Price by the metre or the room?
« on: February 24, 2006, 05:11:37 pm »
I am getting a leaflet printed, and want to know your opinions:

Should I publish a price per metre?

Should I publish a price per room?

Should I not publish any prices?

Interested to know what people think.

Thanks
Trying really hard to clean all of East London!

tomh

Re: Price by the metre or the room?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 05:40:18 pm »
i am having some printed putting on a room price guide and p meter price. right thing to do i don't know ! least people have a idea on cost i recon on £3 p meter about right again who know's some will think too cheap so won't use me other's will think too expencive

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 07:34:27 pm »
dont put your prices on leaflets
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Liahona

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 07:41:06 pm »
I wouldnt ever put prices anywhere....... Be carfull pricing per room as what happens when a room is 5 or 600 square feet? Let alone the big rooms...... Try to take each job as it comes, I know not for all but it works for me, best Dave.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 10:21:08 pm »
I thimk itsonly worth putting prices on your leaflet if you have a very Competitive Offer.

I would imagine we have all been influenced by these half price offers.

Could be good for Cash Flow but will it give a one man band the income for Replacement Equipment, Vans and keep the wife happy.

I think at £3.00a Metre you need to convince people about your quality, that you dodo xxxx You have a degree in Cleaning, etc so its best not to put prices on Leaflets.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 10:58:07 pm »
Mike Halliday used to put prices on his leaflet to stop price shoppers but found it too confusing for some customers or they used to add the price up and then not bother as they didn't want to pay that as they could get it done for £10 !! not really knowing the service he offers.

But clever Mike tested the water first and now goes on a onsite audit and with his silvery tongue talks them into opening their wallets and he uses his TM to suck the contents out.

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 12:17:12 pm »
I did leaflets for 5yrs 4-5000 a week with prices on Eg:

livingroom 12x14 £45

through lounge £65

kitchen £35

so my prices are not the most expensive but are not on the cheap side.

I know use another leaflet without prices, there is no difference in response but now I have the hasssle of going out to quote, luckily I only work in a very small area so most quotes are done betreen jobs.

if I covered an area with an radius of over 8miles i would use a leaflet with prices on to cut out the timewasters.

I could charge £100 to clean a livingroom but it I'm spending an hour on an evening travelling to do the quote I might as well charge £50.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

cleaning co

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 12:42:31 pm »
if i put them sort  prices on a leaflet id never get a call

tomh

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 12:48:26 pm »
hi Ian
will be putting on prices for the very same reson mike has in past save time on going round pricing jobs so can spend more time making sure i am doing a quailty job any cheaper i may as well buy a knee kicker & stanley knife for £50 & lay the stuff
on domestic jobs
Tom

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 01:08:34 pm »
gary, how do you know?

these leaflets kept me working 6 days a week, here it is ( so you can see I'm not telling porkies ;) )

this is nearly a year old and my prices now are actually slightly higher

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

cleaning co

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 04:27:32 pm »
how do i know? becasue i hav tested thousands of diffrent ones over the years  the best responce leaflet for me was and is  no prices over £20 for any room ,
this is one test i done few months back , carpet price min £30 upto £40   10000 into villages and towns  upto 5 miles from base responce 2 bookings total  these were spread out over 10-12 weeks   at the same time i did 10000 of the same leaflet but prices were max £20 room these never went to the same areas but close responce was 5-6 bookings  per 1000    all areas that both went to were checked by myself by doorknocking    this is just example of how i know
gary
mike this is the one i got 2 bookings of for 10000

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 09:58:49 am »
Gary.

Please o not let this develop into a ding dong over your methods.

But given that you have been at it years  Extemley Experienced and have top of the range Equipment. Which cuts out need to Pre Spray and aggitate

and you cut out the vac process.

I Cant see how you can make money at £20 a room unless you sell add ons.

Or do you not move funiture and just work roumd it.

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 10:19:26 am »
This is one that is successful for me at the moment. Less is more.

Dave

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 12:26:31 am »
Gary,

You have got it wrong,

I was asking you to reply but I did not want everyone jumpimg in and attacking you as has happened in the past,

I apoligise  if I ofended you.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 12:33:29 am »
Hope I did not confuse you the only way I can look at Leaflets is to move it to another section

the red carpet

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 02:30:48 pm »
i have just started delivering a new leaflet, with a price indication on
have a look and let me know what you think you will have to click on the text under where the picture should be and select open for some reason

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 02:41:16 pm »
Red

When you put prices on, how long do they last for? We used to do this when our work was quiet thinking that it would generate work in the quiet times, but it did not. All people used to do was to keep them, and still expect the same price when the warmer weather comes along.

Sometimes it is better to ride out the quiet times if possible instead of selling your sevices too cheap.

We sent out 500 commercial letters recently and had work back from here. Have you tried this avenue for getting work. Other than that, have you tried physically walking into places like public houses and offering them a price in person.

Dave

the red carpet

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 02:59:02 pm »
these are my normal standard prices that i have charged for the last 5 months and will continue to charge for a good while yet

to be honest im just concentrating on domestic at the minute
done a couple pubs but its allways night work and that dont really apeal to me
and with commercial i find you have to go out and quote and if somone comes along £2 cheaper they get the job, there in buisness to make money so there main concern is usually price
and then it can only be done certain times usually out of hours else theres loads of people about, limited hot water, waiting for your money, twice as dirty as domestics.

to much agro for me
i can do a couple jobs 2-3 a day domestic, most of them are not even dirty to start with my average ticket price is £94 so thats £200-£300 a day the only thing im not happy with is my advertising costs to generate that work as they are high because i am a newcomer.
but as time passes these costs will drop and i will be left with the bulk of that to myself

Liahona

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 03:46:36 pm »
To The Red Carpet..........on your middle row at the bottom of the info, there should be spelled, their......... no difference to me but me mum wouldnt have you just because of the spelling mistake, best, Dave.

the red carpet

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 04:21:25 pm »
Thanks Dave