Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Seers

Planning jobs in Aworka
« on: April 28, 2013, 07:42:57 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to plan a job in Aworka that will last more than one day?

For instance we've got a few jobs which are quarterly and take four or five days to complete on each visit, is the only way forward to treat each day as a separate job/invoice? Which will be a bit of a pain.

Would be great if you had the option to block book say five days for a job, or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Huw

Ian Lancaster

Re: Planning jobs in Aworka
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 07:47:27 pm »
The obvious person to ask is Chris Powell.  He'll probably read this tomorrow and tell you the answer ;)

Seers

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 07:52:34 pm »
I live in hope then... ;D

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 08:58:07 pm »
doubtful

aworka at present is unable to plan ahead - apparently something us window cleaners don't need  ::)roll

shame really as it looks a handy prog

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Seers

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 09:01:25 pm »
Hi,

Well for the mean time I've just planned the work in for the Monday of the week, will just have to remember not to book anything in on what looks like spare days for the rest of the week.

In Aworka we trust...really like it to be honest, just a few tweaks and it will be perfect me thinks.

Cheers,

Huw

colin purewater

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 09:33:06 pm »
I've had this problem also
All I did was book the days in and put the price
As free except the last day were I added to total price
And invoice
Not idea but works all the same
keep it simple

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 09:40:59 pm »
Hi Huw/Colin

You cannot create jobs that span more than one day at the moment, but I'm planning to add this at some point, (along with appointments for specific times).

In the meantime, you could set the job with a Time Required for a full day, then add this job on each of the days it takes, but mark all but the first 'Not Done'. That way, you have an indication on the planner that multiple days are required, without the job appearing more than once in your accounts/invoices... Does that make sense?

Darran: You can plan ahead as far as you like manually, but auto scheduling only works one job in advance. I'm going to be extending this soon so that you can see where work will be much further ahead, e.g. 10 jobs which would give you 40 weeks forward load on a four weekly round.

Thanks
Chris.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 09:46:12 pm »
Chris, Ive been meaning to aask if you can add a feature whereby you can add notes to a particular day, so its nothing to do with a job, or adding a new job. Something where you might like to add an appointment for a quote or an interview you might be carrying out. I know there are PC or Mac features for this, like iCalendar, but it would be great if they were all in one place??

Is this something you might be able to add?

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 10:00:11 pm »
Yes Matt, this feature is on my list already... it's what the greyed out Events tab on the Planner will be for. I'll keep you posted...

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 10:03:29 pm »
Chris, Ive been meaning to aask if you can add a feature whereby you can add notes to a particular day, so its nothing to do with a job, or adding a new job. Something where you might like to add an appointment for a quote or an interview you might be carrying out. I know there are PC or Mac features for this, like iCalendar, but it would be great if they were all in one place??

Is this something you might be able to add?

really really good shout that matt   ;)
i always have loads of other stuff to do on set days and a printed out sheet on top of the day sheet with to do list / caleneder would be superb

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 10:03:53 pm »
Yes Matt, this feature is on my list already... it's what the greyed out Events tab on the Planner will be for. I'll keep you posted...

Great, that would be appreciated.

colin purewater

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 10:06:52 pm »
Hi Huw/Colin

You cannot create jobs that span more than one day at the moment, but I'm planning to add this at some point, (along with appointments for specific times).

In the meantime, you could set the job with a Time Required for a full day, then add this job on each of the days it takes, but mark all but the first 'Not Done'. That way, you have an indication on the planner that multiple days are required, without the job appearing more than once in your accounts/invoices... Does that make sense?

Darran: You can plan ahead as far as you like manually, but auto scheduling only works one job in advance. I'm going to be extending this soon so that you can see where work will be much further ahead, e.g. 10 jobs which would give you 40 weeks forward load on a four weekly round.

Thanks
Chris.

Thanks Chris
keep it simple

john@windows2clean

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 10:46:31 pm »
That is great news about extending the auto planner 10 times! Have double booked numerous times due to lots of different frequencies and one off appointments. I find Aworka the most user friendly. Currently running two other program's on other rounds and will be moving all to Aworka in near future.

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 07:32:29 am »
All sounds good +1 for Mr Bateman's  suggestion

let us know when all  these features have been added so we can give it a go

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

STEVE-UK

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 08:22:57 am »
Huw..Like you said just have separate jobs for each day, Then for ease of invoicing make one day the total price and the remaining days at £0