Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Income Protection
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:59:29 pm »
For anyone out there who has one of these policies BEWARE! In the event of a claim these policies will only pay out on average 65% of your TAXABLE income, so if you perhaps buy a van or equipment etc etc thus reducing your taxable income this will greatly affect any pay out. Some financial advisors will sell you these policies promising they will pay out X amounts of pounds and once you have signed up they will cover their a##e by getting you to make a few signatures,one of these signatures will be a disclaimer (hidden from view of course) saying they have not given any advice on the product they have sold you.

:Check that your taxable income is high enough for the expected payout.
:If you employ and will still be earning if you are off work, you will have to go through a minefield to get paid out

Small but perfectley formed

Re: Income Protection
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 07:31:42 am »
Is this the Exeter friendly policy
Spit and polish

cleartech Window Cleaners

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 08:26:21 am »
In my experience they are all con artists in this game. I've had two now and had to claim on both and ended up getting 6 years premiums plus interest off them for mis selling. Don't touch income protection!!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 11:43:45 am »
Is this the Exeter friendly policy
Yes it is, the problem is not Exeter Friendly itself, it is the so called independant financial advisors who sell these policies, the large majority are con men who will use loop holes to absolve themselves of any blame for mis-selling.
In my case I have one of these 'advisors' turn up at my door and talk me into taking out a policy, yet I have apparently signed a document (which the content must have been hidden from me) stating he never gave me advice on the policy ??? The company he represented at that time was Financial Limited who have unsurprisingly been no help at all. I am swithering whether bothering with the FSA given that I signed that document.

bumper

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 04:08:07 pm »
beware if you have to go on sick and you do not  have  full national insurance/not 2.00 per week on, then you will not get any money of them you will have to live of Income Protection but if its below 111 pound a week they will boost it up to 111 pound for you and your wife.

edward1

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 04:57:19 pm »
its a crazy system,i paid over 20k in tax last year and if im sick I get fa.
makes me angry