This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobplum

following on form the thread"tougher than 5 years ago"
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:02:07 pm »
.............should we stop helping newbies on this forum ??? ??? ???

I baggsy being devils advocate for this one ;D

Re: following on form the thread"tougher than 5 years ago"
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 04:43:24 pm »
I was thinking about this myself.

We have a Costa just opened in Bakewell and the 14 other Tea rooms/coffee shops are outraged.

Costa's approach is to offer free training to the staff of other establishments in making good coffee. They need it as well. Costa's aim is to bring up the standard.

Personally I prefer this approach. 

Some window cleaners go all aggressive and try to frighten newbies away. Personally I engage with them and try to improve their standard and pricing structure. There is natural wastage anyway with new businesses.  I like them on side so that they feel bad quoting for the same jobs as me. Plus if I don't want a job I can pass it on. It's better for  me if they are busy on my cast offs.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 04:56:21 pm »
Just explain to newbies on here that it's tougher out there and not likely to be a particularly lucrative career choice.
It's a game of three halves!

deeege

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 05:09:25 pm »
I don't think helping newbies on the forums is the problem.

I do think though that the "I earnt £500 today and if you didn't your doing it wrong" threads are not very helpful in general.

However any newbie should take a read through Richywilts posting history, that will soon put them off starting up! :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

wfp master

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 05:22:20 pm »
how many last after a hard winter.? i know a guy who started up in the summer  last year he lasted 2 months & packed it in to deliver for the local chinese. :o when i spoke to him he said packed in because of the bad weather ::)roll. what would he have done in the winter? hibernate  ;D

andyM

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 05:35:52 pm »
There will always be work for the newbies.
Access through/over garage properties, bad paying customers, constant "not today" customers and the ones with dog crap filled gardens.
It's like an apprenticeship.  ;D   
One of the Plebs