This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mick hay

Re: Tougher than 5years ago
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 07:20:30 pm »
yea, im a sole trader, i have 14 days of 4 weekly window work, which is very well priced. I can always fit a connie clean in at the end of the day on the window days.

The days i dont have window work is when i do my add ons. Tomorrow i have just one connie clean, but very well priced.

Last Monday i had 2 connies. So i can always fit them in. But the secret is that i have very well priced window work.

Mike #1

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 07:29:29 pm »
Deegee i know your question is not directed at me but i have been established since 2000 but life changes and circumstances change as does everything .

And for me i have reached a point in my life were i want to push my business to the absolute maximum but in the past i have never had a real need to always made a good wage .

And still do but now i want so much more from life for me and my wife  much nicer house in a better area  and nice vehicle . Right now i am willing to work 12-14 hrs a day 7 days a week if i have to and why not  . Mike

deeege

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 07:47:32 pm »
No worries M&M. Yes I understand that circumstances change etc, its the same for all.

My business is constantly evolving from season to season too. This time last year we had cleaned 19 non-customers conservatories and fascias/soffitts since Xmas. This year we have cleaned 4. If last year the figure was that low I'd have been skint as I relied quite heavily on the extra income that conservatory cleans bring. With my regular domestic work being a year more mature and also having added a good amount of commercial work, I really have not had the time for the conservatories this year.

I was just interested how others find the time for the add ons, especially having a well established round to look after.

*email sent Mick* :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 08:00:39 pm »
Noticed a total lack of walk ups from last year - I'm getting about 0.4 % from 1000 leaflets at moment but spending Sat canvassing.

that's a lot better than i;m getting ian!

I'm about 1 client for 1000-1500 leaflets! not cost effective at all  :P
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

roundbuilder

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 08:13:02 pm »
I have no time for addons either i am full to the brim with customers, i like knowing that i have the same work repeat month after month, if an existing cust wants there con roof done i do it but only customers, simply no time for addons which im glad about as nothing worse than dead working hours where nothing to do!.

Ian101

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 08:16:34 pm »
Noticed a total lack of walk ups from last year - I'm getting about 0.4 % from 1000 leaflets at moment but spending Sat canvassing.

that's a lot better than i;m getting ian!

I'm about 1 client for 1000-1500 leaflets! not cost effective at all  :P

If it was only window cleaning on leaflets i wouldnt bother but on mine i have windows connies solar panels upvc pressure washing so hitting a few different angles.

Got another 19000 to get out before august but happy if get 50 ish regular window customers from that as going for the add ons to boost income so windows icing on cake as pretty full as a 1 man band with a little part time help.

mick hay

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 08:17:57 pm »
whats your minimum charge mick? How many of you canvass together?

Ian101

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 08:18:37 pm »
If wanted just window customers then be canvassing like mick the canvassing machine

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 09:08:56 pm »
ive got lots of maintenance window cleaning work that makes me a good wage and im picking up more and more add on jobs from existing customers like conny roof/fascia/soffit/solar panel cleaning etc.

i always book these jobs in when i next clean their windows when they ask me.i always find time as i can get round my 340+ customers in around 3 weeks leaving myself a week for catching up due to weather or fitting in the add on jobs.

most of my work is monthly but got a few 2 monthly,3 monthly and large 6 monthly jobs.so it varies every month.

im picking up a steady stream of work lately from regular window cleaning to add ons just from word of mouth and recommendation.

im very organised and professional though and work hard at providing a good service all year round and it pays off year after year.

and every time i lose a job for whatever reason there always seems to be another new job around the corner!

life is good!! ;D ;D

BUT!i dont ever rest on my laurels and i continue to work hard and i dont get complacent.

im well established though with nearly 20 years of window cleaning behind me!! :o ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

robertphil

Re: Tougher than 5years ago New
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 09:27:11 pm »
it is tougher out there now than 5 yrs back when I just started /  HOWEVER its a question of digging deep in the crevices of life  and the gold is still there - or at least the gold plated

I have also jus started a sideline biz in housework n ironing with 1 woman actually doing the work and found her the work without tooo much effort  (these days you cant jus Wang out a 100 leaflets and sit back on yer heels ,you must  dig dig and dig again

,I find I really  like organizing SOMEBODY ELSES rota  ,a refreshing change from organizing my own window cleaning gang .