Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rich fraser

Cladding above a pool
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:02:47 am »
Hi
I need to clean a cladded ceiling above a indoor swimming pool at the end of the week. I was thinking of spraying tfr on it and wfp inside. As its a swimming pool room I'm assuming the the lights and speakers in the ceiling are waterproof. I won't be directing water or spray directly at electrics. I think the pool is narrow enough to put scaffold boards or ladders across to walk in to the middle if needed.
Any advice or tips would be great.
Thanks

deeege

Re: Cladding above a pool
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 10:59:47 am »
I assume the pool is going to be empty? Getting dirty water and TFR in the pool will be a big no-no. I had this problem myself last year and decided to walk away from the job as the customer said emptying and refilling the pool was too expensive and not an option.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 12:23:33 pm »
I did a pool a few months ago.
Ceiling was dirty but not minging.
Ran it by the customer before I started and just WFP and let it dripinto the pool water.

Failing that-if the pool is narrow enough, could you create some kind of tent shape with a tarp and let your dirty water run straight into the drain?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

rich fraser

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 04:31:08 pm »
It's not that bad, but hard to see how bad it is without cleaning a patch. I will see if I can find some sheeting to pitch up. Any other suggestions?

PoleKing

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 09:09:11 pm »
Sub it
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 09:32:31 pm »
I reckon you're being thrown in at the deep end.
The best advice I can offer is to trad it off the springboard.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

deeege

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 09:41:43 pm »
If you decide to take the job on you are either going to sink or swim.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

rich fraser

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 10:21:42 pm »
It's taken on now. I never turn work down, just price it so high that they will probably refuse it. In this instance I will stick the lad on cleaning the cladding while I clean the windows in and out. You don't have a dog and bark yourself!

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 10:37:33 pm »
It's taken on now. I never turn work down, just price it so high that they will probably refuse it. In this instance I will stick the lad on cleaning the cladding while I clean the windows in and out. You don't have a dog and bark yourself!

That's the length and breadth of it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 12:08:39 pm »
Hi
I need to clean a cladded ceiling above a indoor swimming pool at the end of the week. I was thinking of spraying tfr on it and wfp inside. As its a swimming pool room I'm assuming the the lights and speakers in the ceiling are waterproof. I won't be directing water or spray directly at electrics. I think the pool is narrow enough to put scaffold boards or ladders across to walk in to the middle if needed.
Any advice or tips would be great.
Thanks

I'd love to see the RAMS on this one.  :D

rich fraser

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 07:54:48 am »
We got the inside of the pool roof cleaned. We ended up doing the lot with applicator and scrim. I was unsure about how waterproof the electronics were.

We stuck the fee standing a-frame on top of this set up.
The lad took on the ceiling while I did all the house windows in and out. Took 3 hours. Not bad for a Friday evening.