This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: every £1 = 33p in the pocket -debate?
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 04:49:48 pm »
Hi all
weve had a couple of the 3 bed semi topics and prices -0 and one of you guys said youy were happy charging 3-4 quid for one and happy to earn the £8 an hour -

i dont mean to be rude but are you legit and for real coz if your earning £8 quid an hour in my book your earning a lot less?

1/3 = tax - 1/3 = running costs /overheads - 1/3 nett in pocket

ok maybe not exact but for every £10 job your actually earning after costs and tax around 3-5 quid at best. this isnt forgetting if your working £8 an hour work that it will be a lot,lot less coz of travel, days you cant work etc etc .

please if your charging that little, for the love of god help all trades people including yourself by charging more - to me thats someone on the dole doing beer money

I think the post in question was fake, if you read through previous posts you can see that the poster is a real legit business.  However I have had my customers leafleted with exactly the same prices, most of these people aren't legit, the money they make doesn't pay tax, expenses are a car and a set of ladders.  Most of these cleaners aren't bothered about profit margins as they already have another form of income.

Simon.

mark turton

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 09:52:02 pm »
i see another post listed for undercutting but i would think most guys just price on their own pricing system rather than undercut.

regarding this original post - i just think its very naive to think that pricing low is doing them or anyone a favour in the longer term.

everyone knows that fords on cars are amongst the biggest discounters on new - thats why thier residual values are so low and drop so quick. MEANING IF THIER WAS A FLOOD OF CHEAP PRICING AROUND IT WOULD JUST DRIVE DOWN THE JOB price FOR EVERYONE - THEN WHERE DO YOU GO, I just cant get over the 4 quid for a house anywhere in the country, even if next door to another customer, 4 quid seriously ... if folk didnt expect to pay a at least a tenner id be amazed. and if 4 quid was the ceiling for 3 bed semis - id pack up and do something else, lot less commitment and more money.

cheap pricing hasnt effeted my business that im aware off but i do think we should do what scotland do with licences to seperate folk that are making a career out of things to those that are just poking it with a stick a carving up prices.

dotty

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 11:43:18 pm »
thanks john all three are good but dont know which one to have
p doherty

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 12:51:28 am »
A lot of desperate people, who have been sold these expensive systems and told its easey to make £800 a week Mark.

It is easy to do £800 a week. If you're not you're doing something wrong.

gavinb

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 08:29:04 am »
A lot of desperate people, who have been sold these expensive systems and told its easey to make £800 a week Mark.

I must be doing something wrong then .

Ian101

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 08:32:50 am »

The £800 a week not the issue for last 12 months ......... I could have a round worth £8000 a month but with snow, gale force winds etc etc some weeks just cant get thru it so even more reason for proper pricing.

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 11:50:57 am »
I dont even try to argue the rights of business as its a lost cause on this forum. There will always be some ass retrying to re- invent the wheel on pricing. So why get excited about the lack of business ability, within this industry.

8weekly

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 04:07:58 pm »

Yeah, but it takes a while to get there. £800 every week.

one eyed window cleaning

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 06:38:24 pm »

This is only one line of what I actually wrote. ;-)
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.

Tom White

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 06:41:26 pm »
There are guys who charge £4 but do 8 houses per hour.

7 mins 60 seconds per house, one person; Mrs Jones takes 1 minute to get to the door, then a further 2 minutes to find her purse, then another minute telling you about her sore knee, then Mrs Smith queries you about a gutter clean, then Mr Bloggs...

In an ideal world, no access issues, no problems, 8 houses an hour might be possible on compact work - but routinely doing that, hour in, hour out - throughout the day...

;D

We did a commercial job this morning; we took our time; had a long coffee break and it worked out as £60 an hour.  That's feasible, 8 houses per hour for one person aint, unless they're dolls houses.

I don't care what anyone says, I know what's routinely possible, and what's not.

Tom White

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 06:46:25 pm »
I see an ad in my local chippy the other day, £5.00 any size house, and 50% discount if you recommend a friend, I suppose this is the younger generation trying to get in at start level.

Sub them out your mansions!  ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 10:26:55 pm »
I did some cottages today £4 each (they were this price when I bought them) I also canvassed another at £4.
I'm happy with the price on these ;D

one eyed window cleaning

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 08:58:36 pm »

poop me to ??

I must be doing something wrong then .
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.