Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carl@Cwc

who recently bought a tranny custom
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:51:49 pm »
been searching and cant find the thread
who on here bought the new transit custom.
im looking to get one and was after some info?

Carl@Cwc

Re: who recently bought a tranny custom
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 10:20:17 pm »
im gonna get the 310 series as need to install a 750+ltr tank etc.
have u recieved it yet and whats first thoughts?

contract rental for 3 yrs is £300 ish fully maintained inc tax ,tyres etc etc etc  and im about to order same colour etc.
got a top fabricator knocking me up a frame for tank and the bits and the van comes with waterproof lining.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 10:29:03 pm »
Not got it yet. I should have picked it up by this time next week. Im getting a 290 L1, will have a 650 fitted. Will also upgrade to hot later in the year, but the fitters need the vehicle for two days at their location to do that, so just getting the water system fitted to start.

Ive got mine on the tick, 4 years, £435 a month. That includes LED lights in the back, Thatcham CAT1 alarm, ply-lined, folding roof-rack, blue-tooth, sync, bulkhead.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 10:33:03 pm »
Took one out for a drive over the weekend, had it from the Saturday to Sunday and took it up to Cambridge.

Very comfortable to drive. Got about 52 mpg on that trip. Came down though noticeably round town. reckon 40 or so to the gallon.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 10:47:22 pm »
Took one out for a drive over the weekend, had it from the Saturday to Sunday and took it up to Cambridge.

Very comfortable to drive. Got about 52 mpg on that trip. Came down though noticeably round town. reckon 40 or so to the gallon.

40mpg round town is cool with me.
just in final stage of ordering with nationwide at the minute.

£300 QUID A MONTH FULLY SERVICED FOR A TOP NOTCH VAN , imho is a pure winner.
pending costly divorce and a need for a 1 van solution at the minute is a no brainer for me.

keyser soze

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 12:09:06 am »
i want one how much to buy ?

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 12:13:35 am »
Start at £21,000.

I think that'll only get you about 659Kg payload though.

keyser soze

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 12:47:36 am »
thats a lot of money

richywilts

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 09:44:51 am »

pending costly divorce and a need for a 1 van solution at the minute is a no brainer for me.

carl can you email me details please to which van you went with with nationwide thnking of going down that route too as im after similar spec to you regarding size of tank my email is richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Scrimble

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 09:48:56 am »

and after you've spent over 10 grand paying for it over 3 year you hand it back over? sod that

richywilts

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 09:52:45 am »
yeah but if you have a big operation bigger than one man band the free vehicle tax, free mots, free servicing,relaible van pays for itself as you will then pick up a new van after 3 years

also you can use the vat you pay against vat you charge etc

nothing worse than having unreliable vehicles when you have a big workload to get thru i know as its happening to me at the minute with vehicle 6 years old

if your vans going out 6 days a week its prob costing you 10-15 quid a day which isnt that  much as opposed to a van that you need to take off the road for mot and servicing and then another few days for costly repairs which you foot the bill for
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Scrimble

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 10:00:27 am »
richy i completely agree with having a reliable new van, i bought a brand new van, i just think your mad to hire a van for 3 years, pay over 10 grand for it then give it back,

for example why not buy something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Renault-Trafic-Diesel-Manual-/350765110484?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item51ab3ad4d4

brand new for 11,500 plus vat, no mot for 3 years, its got a manufacturers warrenty and once its paid off it belongs to you, after 3 years its still going to be worth 5-6 grand?

or spend about the same on hiring a van and after 3 years your left with nothing

H2GoKent

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 10:13:31 am »
When i read the title quickly I thought it said 'who bought a tranny costume;D
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 10:36:07 am »
When i read the title quickly I thought it said 'who bought a tranny costume;D

That'll be me as well.

richywilts

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 11:05:05 am »
richy i completely agree with having a reliable new van, i bought a brand new van, i just think your mad to hire a van for 3 years, pay over 10 grand for it then give it back,

for example why not buy something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Renault-Trafic-Diesel-Manual-/350765110484?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item51ab3ad4d4

brand new for 11,500 plus vat, no mot for 3 years, its got a manufacturers warrenty and once its paid off it belongs to you, after 3 years its still going to be worth 5-6 grand?

or spend about the same on hiring a van and after 3 years your left with nothing

sorry wasnt having a go ha

thing with leasing is your change the van after three years its a fixed sum you know coming out your overheads every month, after three years paying for a new van your buying your still left with same van which has depreciated due its first mot, maybe needs work doing to it after missing 3 mots etc etc which some people cant be bothered having to deal with

i own all my vans paid outright for them all but down the line now its costing me an arm and a leg keeping them on the road
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 11:37:38 am »
Richy, vans dont go downhill that quickly these days Richy. That Combo of mine that Im getting of sailed through its MOT last October, needed a bulb changing thats all; thats nine years old.

After 3 years a van is more than likely to be just as good as the day when it rolled off the forecourt. iF i hadnt gone new on this occassion something that was 3 years old was what I was going for. 3 years, 35,000 on the clock, I would've happily parted with up to ten thousand of my hard earned for that and slept at night not the slightest bit concerned that there would be a fault with it at the next MOT or that it wouldnt start in the morning.

dd

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 11:41:27 am »
Who is fitting the system in the new van for you Matt?

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 11:48:40 am »
GrippaMax.

Week Monday.

dd

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 11:50:43 am »
Are they going to fit the hot system as well?