Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

pump woes
« on: April 15, 2013, 08:10:29 pm »
Hiya, put new tank, pumps and controllers in the van today. The analogue controller works ok now after a few minutes of not wanting to know. The Digi {both Gardiners products} wouldn't work at all except for a few seconds of stop start. Tried increasing flow to 99 still nothing happening. Sat with it until it went dark and am now cheesed off. Thinks it's a dead end all the time.
I positioned the pumps just above the wheel arches. They are about a foot higher than the tank outlet. The digi one has a slightly longer length of hose running to it. Any ideas what I can try to get it going?

Alex Gardiner

Re: pump woes
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:18:28 pm »
Hiya, put new tank, pumps and controllers in the van today. The analogue controller works ok now after a few minutes of not wanting to know. The Digi {both Gardiners products} wouldn't work at all except for a few seconds of stop start. Tried increasing flow to 99 still nothing happening. Sat with it until it went dark and am now cheesed off. Thinks it's a dead end all the time.
I positioned the pumps just above the wheel arches. They are about a foot higher than the tank outlet. The digi one has a slightly longer length of hose running to it. Any ideas what I can try to get it going?

It is probably that the Calibration setting (shut-off detection) is too low hence triggering the DE setting. To increase the Calibration setting follow these steps:
1. Press & hold the outer two buttons until CAL appears
2. Use the up arrow to increase the setting - about 25-35 is a usual setting
3. Use the right hand enter button to set - SET will appear
4. Connect up a hose and pole and open the pole valve - the pump should now work
5. If DE still appears then repeat and increase the CAL setting by another 5 points until pump works

If none of the above works then it may be an air-lock, in this case try sucking through from the pump outlet hose until the water flows.

TomCrowther

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 08:40:40 pm »
Thanks Alex, will try this in the morning. Been sucking on the hose like a ten dollar you know what. the water comes out but the pump wouldn't kick in.

home6442

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 11:13:09 pm »
If you over tighten the pump to pipe connections it will sometimes
slow the pump or cause it to stop pumping.
Try loosening the connections a small amount and see if it helps.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 07:46:07 am »
Thanks Alex, will try this in the morning. Been sucking on the hose like a ten dollar you know what. the water comes out but the pump wouldn't kick in.

This video shows how to auto cal the Digi. The controller does need to have water in the hose line so an air block is a possibility. Also with the pumps above the tank outlet the are having to push water uphill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kKoskb7l7c&list=UL

V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

TomCrowther

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 08:50:05 am »
Cheers for the help guys.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 09:29:28 am »
Your welcome Let me know how it goes.

Ian
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

TomCrowther

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 04:18:57 pm »
Seems sorted now. Followed Mr G's advice re setting the callibration higher and the good news is, water comes out the end. Yippee.