Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JJdomestics

Travel cost
« on: February 21, 2006, 03:39:08 pm »
Hi everyone,

One of our employees has asked if we can help with the cost of her fuel for getting between jobs. We have thought about giving her £10p/w ontop of her wages to cover half of her weely fuel. The problem I have is this, how do I put his onto the P11 so she does not get taxed on this money. She earns just under the tax limit at the moment so even just adding £10 will knock he over the limit. Does she then have to keep a record of her milage and fuel costs? Do i need any forms from the inland rev? I have been thier website but I can't seem to find what i'm looking for

paul bruce

Re: Travel cost
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 04:11:46 pm »
A similar post to this was featured a few Days back.Look down the page for the title "petrol allowance quickie" ,posted Feb 17th.

this may help you.

Paul

CMS

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 04:23:57 pm »
A lot depends upon the size of her engine but you can pay her a mileage allowance and a proportion of that you can claim VAT back on (for the fuel element).

I'm afraid I can't see how she will be able to hide it from the Inland Revenue. If you just give it to her in her hand without recording it you won't be able to account for it so will have to pay the tax on it yourself. Either way they'll get it.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 05:29:49 pm »
She would not need to hide it as you can claim 40p a mike for first 10K miles a year

CMS

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 05:33:05 pm »
She would not need to hide it as you can claim 40p a mike for first 10K miles a year

Would that not have to go on her P11D though?

JJdomestics

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 05:48:38 pm »
Many thanks to all who have replied. I think I will record it in the wages book as being paid to her and from what I can gather from the online leaflets from IR she doesn't have to pay tax or NI on it. New rules or something?

CMS

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 05:59:24 pm »

Just found this.............

Travel: between workplaces

Circumstances

Where an employer provides transport for travel by an employee between workplaces, or pays the provider of the transport or reimburses the employee

Class 1 NICs

No

PAYE

No

Enter on P11D

Yes - section F,K or M

Class 1A NICs

No

Enter on P9D

No

Further information

Travelling expenses. Where the transport is in a car made available for private use see car benefit

A dispensation can be given for this. A dispensation is not needed for payments for travel in the employee's own vehicle where the amount paid does not exceed the maximum, see mileage payments.