Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Radek Jablonski

Storm, what tanks for it
« on: March 30, 2013, 07:43:00 pm »
As I am going to buy Airflex Storm in around 2-3 months time I have a question about the extra solution and waste water tanks I could use.

Do not realy know how the emptying and filling works on airflex.

Thinking about used scorpion tanks or two standard 200-250lt tanks, one for solution and one for dirt.

There will be inline filter installed.

The scorpion tanks are good for scorpion machines that have no in and out pumps. Scorpion can be connected to the waste tank and reduce the time for emptying and those two hoses in solution tank can be instaled into the other solution tank (scorpione one).
Airflex has (I think) pump out and in. How does it works? Does the  filling and emptying works while machine works cleaning the carpets or the machine needs to stop, then one pump emptying and one filling?
Think that missing the scorpion waste tank (I mean do not connect the machine to it) will give better airflow and faster air lift building inside the system.

john martin

Re: Storm, what tanks for it
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 07:59:47 pm »

There are two types of auto empty ...

One uses a pump to continually empty waste water from tank as you work  .
Its a good system but can be prone to filters getting blocked .

The other system is simpler , it uses a check valve ( a one way valve ) connected to the waste gate spout ...  when you switch off the vacs the one way valve opens and water empties from the waste tank ... a remote control is used to switch off the motors .
The advantage to this system is there are no filters to block and all the waste particles are flushed quickly from the tank with the water .

The storm uses the check valve and remote control method .

Using an large external waste tank  you might feel a slightly longer response time to get full vac and it may effect airflow .

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 08:16:22 pm »

The other system is simpler , it uses a check valve ( a one way valve ) connected to the waste gate spout ...  when you switch off the vacs the one way valve opens and water empties from the waste tank ... a remote control is used to switch off the motors .
The advantage to this system is there are no filters to block and all the waste particles are flushed quickly from the tank with the water .

The storm uses the check valve and remote control method .

ok, but it is a gravity? what if the tank is higher then machine, or will be half full and this half full will be on the same level as the water in the machine.

Using an large external waste tank  you might feel a slightly longer response time to get full vac and it may effect airflow .

yep, this is what I was afraid about

how filling works?

john martin

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 08:36:23 pm »

Yes its a gravity system , most of the time the storm will be on the ground and a hose will run from the waste gate to an external house waste gully for example .
Its not suitable for emptying to an external waste tank if thats what you mean .

The more power you have the less you would notice vac loss with an external , i think it would be better to have more than two vacs though .

not sure what you mean by ' how does filling work '  if u mean how do u use an external waste tank with a portable .. you connect the vacuum hose from the wand to the external tank and another short hose goes from that tank to the portable .

If you mean how do u fill from an external fresh water tank to portable pump ....  you can opt have your storm fitted with a long tube which can be placed into the external tank .
To auto fill from a  house tap via a hose u need to opt for an autofill system with level cutout .

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 08:53:31 pm »
that is very bad so,
solutions that do not work, useless.
in this situation you need a waste water tank fitted under the machine, what is not possible and not comfortable

so, airflex is not a machine that can work comfortable on the van as a van mounted system.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 09:06:57 pm »
one second, how high is the waste gate valve?
guess that is higher then 325mm? Just looking on this tank: http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/T250FNA8PL

john martin

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 09:14:25 pm »
that is very bad so,
solutions that do not work, useless.
in this situation you need a waste water tank fitted under the machine, what is not possible and not comfortable

so, airflex is not a machine that can work comfortable on the van as a van mounted system.

Firstly i would ask Cleansmart can they fit a pump system ...                                        Ashbys  offer the option of either the gravity or the pumpsystem on the Enforcer portable so perhaps cleansmart do too .

You can still work well with  the storm van mounted  , you can turn off the vacs from inside the house you are working in with the remote control ...  there are lots of ims during a job when u would have to put down the wand to move furniture or whatever , the storm would empty in a about a minute .

john martin

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 09:15:54 pm »
one second, how high is the waste gate valve?
guess that is higher then 325mm? Just looking on this tank: http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/T250FNA8PL
[/quote

Yes ,your right a flat tank might work  .

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 09:21:32 pm »
yep, the remote control feature is something that I will love.
think that I will find some solution
but will be hard to fitt the machine, two tanks, hose reel which is huge, rest of stuff/machines in my primastar.  :)

btw. does the Airlfex waste tank empties completely? Asking becouse I found Scorpion very bad with this, only around 25 litres capacity due to the poor emptying level, and all the fluff from the carpet stays in the tank, today after 6 rooms and stairs in 3 storey house I have the waste tank full of the fluff that needs to be cleaned.

john martin

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 09:31:40 pm »
yep, the remote control feature is something that I will love.
think that I will find some solution
but will be hard to fitt the machine, two tanks, hose reel which is huge, rest of stuff/machines in my primastar.  :)

btw. does the Airlfex waste tank empties completely? Asking becouse I found Scorpion very bad with this, only around 25 litres capacity due to the poor emptying level, and all the fluff from the carpet stays in the tank, today after 6 rooms and stairs in 3 storey house I have the waste tank full of the fluff that needs to be cleaned.

Yes Radek , all modern machines have a molded waste tank bottom so the waste gate sits below the tank floor level ... all the water and more importantly the grit and debris will flow out with the water .
Unfortunately you found the wrong forum first ...  some of us here would have warned you about the waste tank on the Scorpion . 

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 09:43:40 pm »

Yes Radek , all modern machines have a molded waste tank bottom so the waste gate sits below the tank floor level ... all the water and more importantly the grit and debris will flow out with the water .
Unfortunately you found the wrong forum first ...  some of us here would have warned you about the waste tank on the Scorpion .  

Nothing lost, just money, at least I do have extra experience now, know what to get and what not to get soon  ;D
Scorpion supose to be a temporary machine from the first second I decide to buy. It is gonna be a back up machine or maybe I will find some buyer here in Ireland. First I need to get a rid of the problems that I have now after the last service.

btw. the same I guess happend to the Jaguars. There must be the same construction like in the scorpions. So, all light dirt is on the top of water level and even using defomer will not help. This situation does not let the floating valves to work correct. Cleaning machine every 2-3 rooms is not realy handy. And try to clean it in Scorpion, you need to employ some child with his small hand. Jaguars have only two pipes so might be easier.

gaz1984mcc

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 10:05:51 pm »
Radek why don't you just get an in-line filter for you vac hose?

john martin

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 10:12:53 pm »

Unfortunately you found the wrong forum first ...  some of us here would have warned you about the waste tank on the Scorpion .  

Nothing lost, just money, at least I do have extra experience now, know what to get and what not to get soon  ;D
Scorpion supose to be a temporary machine from the first second I decide to buy. It is gonna be a back up machine or maybe I will find some buyer here in Ireland. First I need to get a rid of the problems that I have now after the last service.

btw. the same I guess happend to the Jaguars. There must be the same construction like in the scorpions. So, all light dirt is on the top of water level and even using defomer will not help. This situation does not let the floating valves to work correct. Cleaning machine every 2-3 rooms is not realy handy. And try to clean it in Scorpion, you need to employ some child with his small hand. Jaguars have only two pipes so might be easier.

Ha Ha !   ;D  Yes its the same inside , Solutions will be giving away a small child with every new jag purchased ... they tried everything else .

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 10:31:22 pm »
Radek why don't you just get an in-line filter for you vac hose?

I will. Current talk is about current situations.

Glynn

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 11:00:23 pm »
Why on earth would you want to use this machine with an auto empty ?.
Do you intend using it as a pretend truckmount ?.
Regards
Glynn

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 11:21:31 pm »
Why on earth would you want to use this machine with an auto empty ?.
easier life

Do you intend using it as a pretend truckmount ?.
yes, van mounted

Glynn

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 11:26:09 pm »
If you want a truckmount, then buy a truckmount and stop pretending that a porty can be the same as one.
Regards
Glynn

john martin

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 11:33:55 pm »
If you want a truckmount, then buy a truckmount and stop pretending that a porty can be the same as one.

Even if he wanted a petrol machine , location doesn't help , no one selling / servicing TMs in Ireland . At least u can easily diy an electric machine . 

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 08:39:50 am »
Glynn. I am a new business and spending that much money for TM would be stupid, to early for that.
And john is right, here is no one servicing that kind of equipment, would not even find any one to service my scorpion pumptec I guess.

stuart_clark

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 01:23:15 pm »
John

The Scorpion and the Jag have its waste gate above the bottom of the tank! but they do have a bung in the side of the machine to emtp the remaining waste water