Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jaydee

extracta machines
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:08:41 pm »
Hi does any one use extracta machine or has any one had one

peter maybury

Re: extracta machines
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 04:23:16 pm »
I have had several over the years. They are good reliable well made machines but I think that there are better.
I would not buy a fibreglass bodied machine again.

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Glynn

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 04:43:56 pm »
I have had a few, they are as good as any other imo, theres only so much power out of any porty & thats not much !,and I have had the latest ones as well !.
I prefer fibreglass bodies over plastic as they are fully repairable.
Regards
Glynn

Steve Chapman

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 04:48:52 pm »
Ive had one for around 11 years and still going strong !

Fairly good machine if you like bright orange :)

Think they could do with a face lift tho !

Steve

Teddycare

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 04:49:05 pm »
Ah the good old extractor, bought my first one 32 years ago, the last one probably 20 years ago to be honest I built my business using extractors, but then moved on to bigger and better things, the thing is with portable machines it's not what they look like it's what they do, I remember using a single lamb Amtech vacuum motor and the colossal water pressure of seventy pounds per square inch which today would seem a bit pathetic, considering even modern portables can be up in the 400s, but to be honest I haven't looked at extractor products lately  today they probably do machines with much higher water pressures and twin or triple vacuum motors, they have obviously been about since the beginning of time so they must be doing something right, without them I would never have got into the business because their prices were very reasonable compared to other manufacturers, hope this helps.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:51:24 pm »
Their machines are so dated... eeeeww! and the colour  :o

stuart_clark

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 05:02:33 pm »
They Haven't changed in twenty years apart from slightly increasing the water preasure from 50 psi to 100 psi ! I remember going into there showroom twenty odd years ago and having a good look at what they sold and asking John if he did anything with a higher psi ? as i was looking at other suppliers as well ! He told me that they diddnt recomend using a pump highrt than 50 psi as it would BLOW THE Pile OFF !!! Me been inexperienced and gulible and diddnt know any better, I took his word for it and went for 50 psi

terrymaloy

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 05:40:20 pm »
Been using Extracta machines for 13 years...good solid machines although thier parts and labour can prove expensive. Recently paid £340 to supply and fit a vac and that didnt include carriage.
For an additional fee you can have various colours...a pal of mine has a bright yellow one  ;D

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 08:16:34 pm »
I've been using one now for about three years it's the lovely orange colour. I've  changed the vac motor but a part from that never had much problems also if it does need work doing to there basic and easy to do the jobs my self so no havering to send it to Extracta

jaydee

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 11:07:03 am »
thanks

Ian Rochester

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 05:45:13 am »
Got one sat in the workshop gathering dust if you're interested in it.

Paul Moss

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 08:48:30 am »
Been using Extracta machines for 13 years...good solid machines although thier parts and labour can prove expensive. Recently paid £340 to supply and fit a vac and that didnt include carriage.
For an additional fee you can have various colours...a pal of mine has a bright yellow one  ;D

Terry now tht is expensive, unless they have fitted the new 7.7 motor  :)

Paul Moss

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 08:50:06 am »
They Haven't changed in twenty years apart from slightly increasing the water preasure from 50 psi to 100 psi ! I remember going into there showroom twenty odd years ago and having a good look at what they sold and asking John if he did anything with a higher psi ? as i was looking at other suppliers as well ! He told me that they diddnt recomend using a pump highrt than 50 psi as it would BLOW THE Pile OFF !!! Me been inexperienced and gulible and diddnt know any better, I took his word for it and went for 50 psi

Stu, Billy fell for that one when he bought his truck. They told him if they put a bigger blower in it then it will suck the whole room up and into his waste tank. ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 12:47:34 pm »

Stu, Billy fell for that one when he bought his truck. They told him if they put a bigger blower in it then it will suck the whole room up and into his waste tank. ;D

MUPPET!!!!!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D

Max Campbell

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 04:03:04 pm »
The first machine I used was an Extracta - 25 yrs ago ish. If you had the heater on and let the water level drop the heater element would melt itself out of the bottom of the solution tank - I did it 3 times, I think!

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 06:19:51 pm »
Its amazing Extracta are still in business when you think about it really.

They must have enough die hard users to make a profit  :-\

Gordonnis

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 07:32:21 pm »
Brian and john have been making  carpet machines and cleaning carpets for about 35 years and have forgot more than must carpet cleaners know!!!!   pay them a visit and you will be surprised  at new machines

robert meldrum

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 08:18:48 pm »
If they have new machines they should telling every one.

robert meldrum

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 08:21:50 pm »
Just checked..............nothing new on their web site.

Glynn

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 08:23:22 pm »
Brian and john have been making  carpet machines and cleaning carpets for about 35 years and have forgot more than must carpet cleaners know!!!!   pay them a visit and you will be surprised  at new machines

What new machines have they got ?.
Regards
Glynn