Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff evans

POSSABLE SAVINGS FOR WATER METER USERS
« on: February 20, 2006, 07:23:47 pm »
I have tested my tap for tds its 255 and ive tested my waste on my ro and thats 282, now unless i am missing something glaringly obvious it seems it would make sense to have my waste water go to 1000ltr IBC and pump it back through my system, saving on water from the mains.

Has anyone tried this ?

Ime sure someone will put me right on this as it seems to obvious.

Cheers jeff.

Roy Harding

Re: POSSABLE SAVINGS FOR WATER METER USERS
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 07:28:23 pm »
I have read Glyns remark, about the new Ionic pro 7 unit having no waste water.

He thought it might be recycled around and around, with extra fillters smart looking piece of kit.

Roy

roo

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 10:05:42 pm »
thought about making somekind of bypass back to mains but was advised  the waste water would ruin filters and membranes fast and possibly r.o unit.would be great if there was some way as my waste ratio is 1-1.alot of water down the drain!i have a meter.o u c h! :o

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 10:34:42 pm »
I have tested my tap for tds its 255 and ive tested my waste on my ro and thats 282, now unless i am missing something glaringly obvious it seems it would make sense to have my waste water go to 1000ltr IBC and pump it back through my system, saving on water from the mains.

Has anyone tried this ?

Ime sure someone will put me right on this as it seems to obvious.

Cheers jeff.

I think you must be taking the reading from the wrong place, either that or your meter is faulty.

Your waste would be much higher.

Peter

jeff evans

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 07:51:23 pm »
Hi Peter.

I am taking the reading from the correct place, what do you think the reading should be approx.

Cheers jeff.

wightsurf

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 08:06:32 pm »
I have a metre also,does any one know how hard it would be to recycle the waste water.
What sort of kit would i need ? and would it be worth the cost ?

Martin

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 09:13:05 pm »
Hi Peter.

I am taking the reading from the correct place, what do you think the reading should be approx.

Cheers jeff.

If you had 50/50 waste and product, all the dissolved solids from the pure water would end up in the waste, which would make it double your tap water give or take a few parts per million.  You will probably have more waste to pure ratio, and your product water will have some dissolved solids in it, but it give you a rough idea.

Peter

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 10:17:17 pm »
'scuse me chiming in but if it's the same meter taking readings at two places then how can it read wrong for one and not the other?
It's a game of three halves!

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 10:33:54 pm »
I don't know if it is the same meter, reading in two different places.  If it was though it could be faulty.
It may be reading wrong in both places, it could be reading wrong in only one place as there would be two different meters in the one enclosure.

Peter

jeff evans

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 04:13:12 pm »
Hi Peter.

Cheers jeff.

If you had 50/50 waste and product, all the dissolved solids from the pure water would end up in the waste, which would make it double your tap water give or take a few parts per million. You will probably have more waste to pure ratio, and your product water will have some dissolved solids in it, but it give you a rough idea.

Peter

Hi peter.

That makes sence to me, i think my waste is about 3 to 1 so that would dilute the solids in the waste, so my readings may be about right.
just so there is no confusion about the readings i have taken'  both readings have been taken with the same hand held meter, first from my tap at 255 then directly from my waste pipe at 282.

Cheers jeff.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 10:12:21 pm »
Jeff, what is your reading coming out the RO?

Peter

jeff evans

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 01:45:48 pm »
Peter.

It,s 0.01

Cheers jeff