Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bob

Re: Dry Fusion?
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 07:37:31 am »
Hi Dave

I am in portsmouth, 0800 4580041 to get hold of me. or ring Dry Fusion and ask them for a demo.

Would be happy to see you down here.
Bob Jennings

Liahona

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 05:03:02 pm »
Thanks Bob I will give you a ring....... Trouble is, its not a demo I want, demos are somewhat biased............ I want to put their machine side by side with mine and then compare, the fusion people and CFR people dont seam too interested, does make you wonder why?????? As you know I am biased to my way of cleaning or indeed anyway of hwe. Therefore still await theses companies to prove otherwise that theirs is better. Someone said and maybe on this subject or another one but anyway, if you clean a certain way then stand up for it.... again it makes me wonder why they wont compare theirs with mine, best, Dave.

cornserv

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 01:49:56 pm »
I use a truck-mount for 95% of the carpets I clean. I also have a dry fusion system.
Each has it's place.

Dry fusion however, is merely a "sexed up" version of bonnet cleaning.
The only way the DF system differs from a bog standard rotary machine is the heater blower that's fixed to it.

As far as the cleaning agents are concerned, there are many many excellent bonnet cleaning detergents that will do as good a job as activator but without that awful cheap perfume smell followed by a lingering smell of ammonia.

Brian Philbin must have seen me coming!

Saul

Liahona

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 12:25:50 am »
Saul, thanks for the info, thats more than I got from Dry Fusion......and no wonder they wont put their machine against mine, best, Dave.

carpetclean

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 06:57:55 am »
DRY FUSION ARE AT CARPEX IN A WEEK OR SO . SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE A DEMO I SUGGEST TAKE A RUG OR CARPET SAMPLE AND ASK THEM TO CLEAN A SECTION
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 07:59:36 pm »
I am not sure about dry fusion,how many pads do you get through :-\ your not taking the dirt out of the carpet,some of it does go on the pad,I do not think this system is for us Ashbys ninja now thats a tool ;D and I have had a demo,I was most Impressed.it seems to be a gloryfied bonnet buffing sysytem with dry fusion :-\
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Chris R

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 08:27:42 pm »
I have had the Dry Fusion System for about 3 years now.

Could not manage without it .

Its a very useful tool, along with my HWE equipment.

I have many customers who will not have any other system.

I have used it on large commercial jobs, side by side with HWE ( big jobs, using every machine I owned !). It was not possible to see any difference between the 2 systems.

But,
its awkward to use in small areas ( but not impossible)
On REALLY dirty carpets, HWE is sometimes better.
The chemical is expensive.

Last week I used it on 3 jobs.

AN UNFITTED BELGIUM WILTON ! Very dirty, cleaned up great with Dry Fusion, NO Shrinkage.

A corridor in a call centre. I was able to clean in office hours, while people walked past, by cordoning off half of it at a time.

An old 80/20 wool carpet, in a large room( 18x18) with a join/seam that was not stuck down very well.

With Dry Fusion on the van, I never have to walk away from a problem job.

Cheers
Chris
Staffordshire

Chris R

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 08:32:38 pm »
Kens Dry Fusion Pics
Staffordshire

carpetclean

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2006, 06:44:25 am »
think you have pointed out what is need really if we could all afford it , is to have the hwe and the dry fusion for the wiltons and the like. it seems i havent stopped spending money does it ever stop!!???
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2006, 08:09:27 am »
I am sure the dry fusion works ok :-\ I cannot see how if it does take the dirt out of the carpet,when it does not suck up :-\ I think they are a lot of money,at least with the hwe you can leave the machine down stairs and take the wand up,you still need hwe for stairs,so on that alone I would not buy one,why take 2 machines around all the time when one can do all jobs :-\ that does not make sense :-\
just my humble opinion ;)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2006, 08:07:00 pm »
Turbo i have unoffically beaten your world record!! i may challenge you at carpex my speedy friend :-X
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2006, 09:23:36 pm »
Hi all
I started to use Dry Fusion about 8 months ago...
Bob Jennings

I have had the Dry Fusion System for about 3 years now...
Chris

Do you use an ordinary buff machine to do Dry Fusion or do you require “special equipment”?

Kind regards,
Arthur

Chris R

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2006, 09:31:11 am »
Dry Fusion is ONLY Dry Fusion if you use ALL of the equipment and chemicals in the correct way.

I have tried using other makes of Chem ( Chemspec),  no good.

I have tried using an ordinary rotary, No good.

I tried just spraying the cleaning solution onto the pad ( instead of soaking and ringing), NO GOOD.

Its not possible to cut corners with this system.

But, it does clean very well.  ;D

http://www.dryfusionuk.com/aboutus.php

Cheers

Chris
Staffordshire

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2006, 09:52:22 am »
Chris,

Thank you for your reply.

The reason I am asking is because Chemspec sells “carpet cleaning bonnets”, which I am sure could be used with a usual rotary/buff machine, using Dry Fusion chemicals in the same way as it shown on the video.  I would not think of cutting corners, but cutting costs would not hurt. ;D

Could you say the price of the whole Dry Fusion package: rotary machine, sprays, chemicals and etc.

Kind regards,
Arthur

BRSL

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2006, 10:19:15 am »
Terry

I cannot see how if it does take the dirt out of the carpet,when it does not suck up

I beleive the head occilates up and down as well as around and around , this is it's extraction method using sponges inside the cleverly designed pads to suck the dirt up, this combined with an hour of vacuuming should give good results, dont the pro's state that 80% of soils and grit can be removed by vac this only leaves 20% for the dry fusion works in principle, but it then makes it slower compared to HWE

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Liahona

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2006, 11:39:32 am »
but of the 20% left to clean, hwe is more effective!!! uh oh, here we go, best Dave. P.S. my argument was and still is, if dry fusion is so good why wont they accept a clean off test clean against my machine and why is it not reccommended by carpet manufacturers and why and why and why.

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2006, 11:58:12 am »
but of the 20% left to clean, hwe is more effective!!! uh oh, here we go, best Dave. P.S. my argument was and still is, if dry fusion is so good why wont they accept a clean off test clean against my machine and why is it not reccommended by carpet manufacturers and why and why and why.

I do not think Dry Fusion does a better job than HWE, however Dry Fusion can be used in places where carpet needs a quick dry or as Chris has already mention for some risky jobs.  Look forward to see their presentation at Carpex…
Kind regards,
Arthur

Derek_Walker

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2006, 06:03:29 pm »
James,

Quote;  I beleive the head occilates up and down as well as around and around.

Sounds more like the nodding dog from Churchils insurance or a pneumatic hammer drill :). James you obviously have not seen a Dry Fusion machine. It is a rotary machine with an air powered heater, controlled by a thermostat up to 85 degrees c. This heats up the carpet pads underneath which in turn absorbs the dirt from the fibres. It also fuses a stain blocker, deodoriser and even an antimicrobial treatment onto the carpet at the same time, depending on what cleaning agent you use. If you vacuum then what is left in the carpet is the greasy sticky soils which need to be cleaned, how you choose to extract that soil should be based on carpet type, system you have available, ease of use etc. Dry Fusion utilises most of the portions of the cleaning pie in one hit, heat, chemical, agitation, absorbtion/extraction, so will be faster than hot water extraction.
Any of the low moisture systems should be faster on larger area's which in a commercial situation is all important. Also you have the added ability to work during office hours because of the drying times and low noise.

Liahona:   As Arthur says it is not about a better clean as I believe there is not any real noticable difference. It would be better to look at the system as another tool in the war on grime which can be used to make your job easier under different conditions and make you more money in less time.

Derek

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2006, 06:35:17 pm »
...It is a rotary machine with an air powered heater, controlled by a thermostat up to 85 degrees c. This heats up the carpet pads underneath which in turn absorbs the dirt from the fibres. It also fuses a stain blocker, deodoriser and even an antimicrobial treatment onto the carpet at the same time, depending on what cleaning agent you use. If you vacuum then what is left in the carpet is the greasy sticky soils which need to be cleaned, how you choose to extract that soil should be based on carpet type, system you have available, ease of use etc. Dry Fusion utilises most of the portions of the cleaning pie in one hit, heat, chemical, agitation, absorbtion/extraction, so will be faster than hot water extraction...

Many thanks Derek, for your explanation.

Kind regards,
Arthur