Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dan Williams

Dry Fusion?
« on: February 20, 2006, 03:05:33 pm »
A lady phones me up and asked me if I do dry fusion.  She said she wants her carpet and upholstery cleaned.
I said I would do it with hot water extraction and I am going around to give her a quote tomorrow. IS DRY FUSION BETTER AND WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES? AND CAN YOU DO DRY FUSION CLEANING ON UPHOLSTERY? What can I tell her to sell hot water extraction?

Any help would be excellent!!!

Spot On cleaning

Re: Dry Fusion?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 03:32:41 pm »
Some customers can be too knowledgeable to the point of not knowing anything at all. People pick up snippets of information over the years, and can sometimes pass this over to other people. All you have to do with the customer to the different ways of cleaning.

Many people have said to me over the last few years that if i have my carpet cleaned, i will have to have it done on a regular basis, to which i then explain that this would be the case if shampoo was used as it would attract dirt.

I take it that you have a hwe machine, so give her a demonstration. Remember once you have won her over and do a good job, she will praise you to her friends and neighbours. Its that simple.

As was explained to me at prochem, hwe is a system to use for carpets that are very dirty, and they have classed this as salvage cleaning rather than light cleaning jobs, where the dry fusion can be used.

I did a job for a customer who had previously used a dry fusion man. Before he did the job, she had to sign a disclaimer to say that if the colour run etc, he would not be held responsible. I used hwe which i think is very universal, and she said it was a better job than previously. Why? because her carpet was cleaned right down to the bottom of the pile. After all, i think a scrubber moving over carpet fibres is not very good. This is not an isolated observation either as another customer told me her brother was doing dry fusion carpet cleaning. Funny how she did,nt ask him isn't it.

Dave

Martin S

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 03:33:20 pm »
Tell her that one of the largest Carpet manufacturers in the world (Shaws) recommends HWE method of cleaning.  Copy and print out the relevant part from their website if you feel the need.

Tell her that Dri fusion is a 'Bonnet' pad cleaning method, and that although it can produce faster drying times, IN YOUR OPINION, it does not give such a deep down clean.  What does she want?  A clean carpet, or half cleaned?!

Give facts if you can substantiate, opinions if you can't.  Don't 'flannel and bullsh@t, coz she may know more than she lets on, and if that IS the case, and you try to fool her, your credibility is down the pan.

I think the important thing is that you sell yourself, more than the system.

PS.  I'm not stating that one is any better than the other (we don't need another 'my systems better than yours debate')

Good luck   ;)

Spot on.

Posted at near enough the same time.
Martin

Dan Williams

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 03:42:31 pm »
Thanks alot for that guys it was very useful, just what I wanted to here.

dan

Dan Williams

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 03:48:44 pm »
What is dry fusion and how does it work?

Martin S

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 03:51:51 pm »
Martin

bob

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 04:24:31 pm »
Hi

Have a look at my web site and you will find out all about Dry Fusion.
www.jenningsandsonltd.co.uk

Bob Jennings

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 04:37:56 pm »
I just looked at your website. Does your man not move the furniture then?

Dave

John Rimmer Marshall & Rimmer Ltd

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 05:43:59 pm »
Be worned all you newbies out there Dave mentioned about a Dry Fusion
cleaner getting the custy to sign a disclaimer in case something went wrong.
In law this means nothing, and in fact could make any insurance claim void
becouse they could then say that the cleaner must have had an idea of the risk
of doing the job, and therefore refuse any claim. 

Take Care John 

Phil Marlor

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 05:47:02 pm »
Any system would clean a carpet as clean as that one.
Some of these demo videos are just not in the real world.

I think I will take some soft Music to my customers tommorow and play it while I work!

Rgds
Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

bob

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 08:57:54 pm »
Dear David Andrews,

No

Bob Jennings

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 09:01:59 pm »
Dear Bob Jennings?

Why not?

What if the customer wants to rearrange their furniture, what about the bits hes missed?

Dave

bob

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 09:17:03 pm »
Dear Mr David Andrews of Spot On cleaning  8)

Don't be a prat all day take the rest of the day off.

Bob Jennings  :-*

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 09:26:58 pm »
Only pulling your leg Bob

Bad Dog

Down Boy :o :o

Dave

ps

I was wondering why you have not conveyed the plus points of dry fusion to people on this forum in person. Is it a minimal expenditure business to get into

Liahona

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 09:43:26 pm »
I have looked at the video and read the info on hot fusion......Two things spring to mind, 1) where is the extraction and 2) please tell me you are having a laugh if this is how one should clean carpets. best, Dave

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 11:35:41 pm »
And I see they're still advertising that 2003 cleaning show.

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 11:36:59 am »
I think the dry fusion people have made a retreat on this subject. If you stand by what you do, then defend your process to the hilt.

I see on Bobs website, he also uses hot water extraction with what is, i think a truckmount.  Bob has an impressive portfolio of work in his area, but i wonder with dry fusion, how often it needs to be done as i also think that residue is left in the carpet and not extracted. I wonder what the difference would be using hwe on the same carpets.

Maybe then the cleaning schedule could then be less frequent, but less profitable maybe.

Dave

John Rimmer Marshall & Rimmer Ltd

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 03:54:36 pm »
Had a look at Dry Fusion not long after it had been brought into this country
from Australia, thought it had to many limitations then and still do. Upholstery
cleaning being one of them, so decided it was not for me. Still like has been sead
before on this forum its everyone to there own thing and i do know of one CC
in Bath who thinks its a great system.

Take Care John

bob

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 11:42:40 am »
Hi all

I started to use Dry Fusion about 8 months ago to use only on one contract of around 16,000 sqmts had to look at a similar system to the last contractor (The Carpet Maintenance Group Ltd) I was doing about £15,000 at this site and had been for the last 6 years and £3,000 of carpet cleaning by HWE.

I also carry out carpet cleaning in the two main hospitals in Portsmouth the Restaurant in one of them feeds around 5500 per day. (I’m getting there)   Got Texatherm to carry out a demo and Dryfusion to do the same did an area with HWE and Charley Pads sorry Supper Charley Pads and used a prochem bonnet chemical with their pads. The way the area of the Restaurants are made up gives sections of the same size I inspected the areas each two days after the tests and over 20 days the longest lasting looking clean area was with the Dry Fusion area this area was also the area that took the most traffic bring just behind the tills.

After cleaning this are with Dry Fusion just 3 times we have told the Hospital that cleaning times can be extended from each 4 weeks to once each 6 weeks and I have dropped the cost by an amount as cleaning with HWE took 3 of us 6 hours now I am down to just 3.5 hours.

I the few months I have had the System I have taken on around £60,000 of work using the USP of Dry Fusion and most work is done in the daytime not at night or weekends.

The video on my wed site is not of the best quality and I would ask any one to give Dry Fusion a call and get them to send you a CD on 01772 433711 any one that would like to come and see use working just give me a call 0800 4580041

We now use the Dry Fusion System in most Domestic Jobs going from around 5 jobs a day to 7 jobs a day and the customers are so much happier that the Carpets are Stain blocked, Deodorised, and DRY IN JUST 30 MINUTES GUARANTEED;
This is just a small piece from one of my mail shots;

We clean carpets with the most advanced cleaning process. We can clean with Hot-water Extraction. Or with the Most Advanced Method that I Know the Dry Fusion System, With all Carpets Dry to use in just 30 minutes, Yes just 30 MINUTES. we can remove deep-down dirt and spots and stains - safely, quickly, quietly and efficiently. It’s the method confidently recommended by most  leading carpet manufacturers. The Dry Fusion System is the Only Method of its type Fully Recommended by the WoolSafe Organization. Its Quick, Quiet, Cleaner, Drier, Safer and  Stain Blocks.
 Preferred by Health and Safety Advisors. No dirty water to get rid of, no long pipes running around your building. With a Clean that will stay Cleaner Longer. The Dry Fusion System,  is the future of Carpet Cleaning.

Hope that this will make a number of new and old carpet cleaners look at the Future of Carpet Cleaning in the UK its took me about 20 years.

All the Best  I’ll go back to sleep now
Bob Jennings

Liahona

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 06:47:07 pm »
Bob, I thankyou for your post as I have been interested in the sysyem that you use and also CFR. I wanted to do a clean off with CFR and my machine but they declined so I probably wont look to much more into CFR. However I understand they will be at Carpex so I might have a look then..... I have also had declined the same test with Hot Fusion....... I would like to see these machines at work so may I ask where you are so that i may be able to meet up with you at some time........If this is the way to go as you suggest then I would at least like to see one......I of course, at present, biased to what I use but I am open for discussion. Best, Dave.