Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Enhance by Divercey
« on: March 24, 2013, 08:53:42 am »
Anyone familier with this chemical ? I bought 5 x 5lts just after Xmas from a shop clearance. It's a encapulation cleaner.

Like all the encapulation chemicals I buy I tried it out by cleaning a circle in my hallway, the clean spot is still thier after 6 weeks.

Been using it this week with my orbit on anything that wasn't in need of a restoration clean and its worked really well. Plus it smells fantastic.

Went back for some more and the problem is what they have left is past it's sell by date and looks like it has settled.... Do these chemicals need a sell by date? Will it be knackered?

From their website...
2 in 1 cleans and freshens carpets. Absorbs soilage and holds it until the foam dries. The soilage and dried foam can then be vacuumed away together. Containing a soil barrier which coats the carpet fibres leaving a non-sticky surface that resists re-soiling. The addition of Nutrafresh technology destroys unpleasant smells and leaves a fresh, clean fragrance.

http://media.supplychain.nhs.uk/media/documents/MFD229/COSHH/32335_MFD229.pdf
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

AshWhite

Re: Enhance by Divercey
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 09:20:50 am »
Aremt some Diversey chemicals also rebranded as something else (or vice versa)? I'm pretty sure that's the case with some of the hard floor stuff anyway.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Paul Moss

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 10:16:59 am »
Tried that years ago as a spotter, did not know they did an encapp with it.

JandS

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 10:46:27 am »
I did a bookstore a couple of years ago.
In there cleaners store was a box with
8 or 9 x 500ml bottles of Diversey chewing
gum remover so I tried it out in there store.
It worked brilliantly so I "borrowed" a bottle,
purely for experimental purposes you understand.
Still got some left, it's highly effective, just needs
about 5 minutes dwell time.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

gwrightson

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 08:09:59 am »

Mike,
am i missing some thing here ?

I looked at link and all i see is a data sheet, cant see any thing about it been an encapsulation product.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 09:41:33 am »
Geoff, do a search for it you'll find it, I bought it from acros is count hop on hessle rd

gwrightson

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 02:34:59 pm »

discont store ?

which one mike ?  they are all dicount down there !!!

I have actualy got in toch with a friend of mine ,he is reginal manager for diversy , said he will get me a case to try , but got to admit little insure if he get me right one as from what i see it is an extraction chemical .

still i shouldnt grumble if it free  ;)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 04:23:32 pm »
Sorry Geoff I typed without my glasses!

I meant the Arco shop half way up hessle rd ... Not the main depot near the ice arena.

It's part of a carpet cleaning range including a HWE detergent but they do a encapulation version.

If you search....

enhance foam carpet shampoo

Then you will find the foam version

kerrpmiddleton

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 11:55:29 pm »
This was my best encap product which we use to alway use , but it kept going up in price ,it finally priced it self out of the market ,as for the chewing gum remover it is also one off the best oil chewing gum remover I personally have ever used ,was lucky to buy case for 20 quid now on my last couple off bottles ,it's Johnston and Johnston who make it , and your wright all my customers use to comment what a lovely smell , and if I remember it also had a built in protector in it ,ps when we first stared to use it it was £10 ,5 litres within couple of years  it was up too 18  -25 plus vat, we now use craft tex with capful of chemspec odour kill, I personally think their is a lot off greedy merchants ,or manufactures , who use any excuse to put the price up , especially in the last 4- 5 , do you guys agree , or is it just very hard out their

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 08:13:00 am »
£20 for 5lts near me which makes it one of the cheapest Encap product there is.

I bet there are a lot of great chemicals out there that fall under the radar because they are not sold by our mainstream suppliers,

Arco near me has a massive range of cleaning supples ( I bet they are the biggest cleaning supply company in the uk) because there head office and main depot  is in hull they have a discount shop for all the returns and surplus stock. I get tons of unbelievable bargains... They just want to get rid of stuff

gwrightson

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 09:14:36 am »

Their great for  work wear Mike, quite often good quality shirts, trousers etc from as little as a fiver.

i managed to pick up quality dust sheets, 5 for £20 .

Geoff

JandS

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 11:20:03 am »
Might go the long way to coast next week and
call in...is the shop part of the main depot that
you pass on right hand side of road?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 12:32:34 pm »
No it's a mile further up the road but don't stay on the duel carriage way that takes you over the flyover pull off the slip rd that takes you underneath, then proceed up the main rd which look like a high street ( shops down either side) the outlet shop is 200m pat the 1st set of  traffic  light on the right,

JandS

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 01:00:59 pm »
Cheers for that Mike.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 01:05:43 pm »
SORRY,!!  You are heading to the coast not away.... My directions are for when you are coming back

JandS

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 01:33:06 pm »
Just before Rayners pub across the road.

JandS

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 01:49:46 pm »
Just Googled it and there is one about 3 miles from
me and 2 others about 6 miles away... ;D

Don't know if they have discount shops though.

gwrightson

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 05:41:23 pm »

yes , they got the one discount shop.

its a case of dropping in lucky most of the time , but generaly you will find some thing that takes yor eye .

Geoff