Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david@zap-clean

Leather chair cleaning
« on: March 22, 2013, 05:56:48 pm »
A hair salon called me yesterday - asking if I'd clean 4 salon chairs, leather (or look-a-like), with hair dye staining on them.  I passed on this job as I've not had any leather training (yet).

It's the second leather job I've turned down... is there any money in leather cleaning?
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

wynne jones

Re: Leather chair cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 06:00:28 pm »
I cleaned a straightforward 3 Seater for £120 this week. Took under an hour. Many are not as straightforward and this is where training and experience comes in.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

wynne jones

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 06:04:43 pm »
Btw I think some guy is doing leather cleaning at the TAACA do.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 06:06:23 pm »
We rarely find that hair salons have leather in them and dye on PVC can be very difficult to remove.  
There is money in leather cleaning but there is also money in restoration and repair.  Dye transfer removal often turns into a restoration job if it cannot safely be removed.
If you are turning work away it may be worth your while joining us on one of our training courses to add ths to your business.
Hope this helps
Judyb
http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

derek west

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 06:08:43 pm »
My advice would be, Don't clean leather if you can't repair leather.  a simple clean can sometimes go wrong and if it does you need to know when its going wrong and if its to late, how to put it right.

Paul Moss

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 06:23:59 pm »
Na dont do it, just pass it on is the thing to do.

Any body gets any in North Wales then just pass it onto me  ;)

Paul Moss

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 06:28:13 pm »
My advice would be, Don't clean leather if you can't repair leather.  a simple clean can sometimes go wrong and if it does you need to know when its going wrong and if its to late, how to put it right.

That bit of advice is the Best advice you can have in regards to leather.

Get a basic course under your belt and get an understanding of leather and then go from there.