Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tim handley

air flex pro
« on: March 22, 2013, 08:36:19 am »
 does anybody have experience of using an airflex pro with 50foot of hose for upstairs rooms?
 i know more powerfull machines are fine for 100 foot or more, just wondering how much suction i will lose with the pro not being quite so powerfull??? pita  wheeling it up the stairs!!!

kerrpmiddleton

Re: air flex pro
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 09:10:47 am »
got a air fix pro  had it couple years , i need this for tenement flats in town 3 -4-even 5 up bought as it is the lighties twin vac on the market ,or it  was when i bought it ,works no problem with 50 feet , even 75 ,it will lose some power though at that lenght , dosnt mater  what portable twin vac , using  longer hose you will lose suction, just go over few more times with wand , god remember back in the good old days when you just had 1 vac and thought that was the bee,s knees

C Phillips

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 09:15:49 am »
No problem Tim
use mine with 50ft quite often. you do get a drop in the suction from 25ft (obviously) but it does not really make that much difference.

Chris

Andrew@Approved Carpet Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 09:23:07 am »
Have been meaning to ask this question too, now I know.
Don't mind taking the machine upstairs in big houses, easy when you get used to it , but will definitely look for another length of hose now.....
Still contemplating a length of 2" too.
Andrew
Approved Carpet Cleaning of Flitwick
www.carpetcleaningbedfordshire.co.uk

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 09:30:15 am »
You will have no problems. Lifting machines up and down stairs is not good for you or the machine. Running 2" hose will improve the airflow. It is quite a powerfull machine for a twin vac.

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 10:09:13 am »
John, could i use 2" for the first 25 foot, then my 1 1/2" as an extension?
Andrew

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 10:38:16 am »
better 2" all the way, I.5 will reduce air flow. 2" can be awkward in tight corners so I use a very short piece about 12" long of 1.5" then link that to 2". Alternative is a whip hose, some go for 10 feet but I use a shorter piece that just reaches the floor from the wand and use it mainly for stairs.

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 10:44:12 am »
Cheers Simon, much appreciated. :)
Andrew

tim handley

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 11:34:59 am »
many thanks for all comments, so,  i will lose a slight amount of suction at fifty foot but not enough to cause lack of effectiveness?  50 foot will do me till i upgrade to storm or jag.....

tim handley

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 11:36:11 am »
silly question, whats a whip hose????   oohh matron!!!!! :P

john martin

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 12:20:21 pm »

Roughly ....

You start out with 200cfm and 10HG
  @ 50FT 2" you will have 150cfm and the HG will barely have dropped .

You might not even notice the difference . 

colin lightfoot

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 01:38:24 pm »
I was wondering the same with my ninja 400.  i been asked to clean a big house and could do with going over 50 ft. Any thoughts as ashbys say i can go 200ft (umm )

john martin

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 02:32:24 pm »

In series ... not sure  ,  but max Cfm and lift figures wont tell us the system performance anyway  ,they never occur at the same time  , the performance at the wand head while cleaning is the only important figure ...
Don't fully understand the complex interaction myself ...

I think adding up the airwatts (CFM X Lift/8.5 ) of the motors used can give an indication of total system performance whether they be used in series or parallel .  In the case of the airflex pro and the ninja two 450airwatt motors are used .

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 04:33:59 pm »
A whip hose is a short length of 1.5 vac and solution hose. 2" hose is heavy so it takes the weight off the wand, as I said I just use a piece 12" long to adapt from 2" to 1.5 tools. Stairs I use a 6ft whip. The Pro can be upgraded to a Storm or even a Turbo if you want, and you can leave off the remote & auto empty to save money.

oliver collins

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 04:49:39 pm »
You would think that the pro could be upgraded with bigger vacs ,but the vac tanks on some of models can't take the 6.6 vac pull in the dirty tank

Oliver Collins

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 04:52:28 pm »
Did not know that, thought the tanks were all the same, in the time honoured fashion 'check with the supplier'

john martin

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 04:59:05 pm »
You would think that the pro could be upgraded with bigger vacs ,but the vac tanks on some of models can't take the 6.6 vac pull in the dirty tank

Oliver Collins

Doubt it  ...  airflow should not except pressure on the waste tank  , lift will .

Two airflex pro three stage motors in parallel  137" lift
two 6.6 motors in parallel              130" lift

also he is offering the Pro in ' series ' now so that would have around 230 "

Pretty sure its the all the same body anyway .

john martin

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 05:23:19 pm »
  Im guessing that the black mounting plate would be similar for the pro as it is in the storm pictured here ...  you could probably mount a pair of 6.6 where the 5.7 are and just drill for the wider mounting bolts and add a thicker foam gasket .

of course you might want to put another cord in for 2 6.6 and a big motored pump ..
 I think i would try a single  2.5mm cord and use a smaller pump ...

Might be easier to get it done with Cleansmart if u don't fancy DIY    :)

Nice engineering design inside  , simple but so well done .

http://www.ovencleaningequipment.co.uk/upload/images/IMG_1027.JPG

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 08:10:16 pm »
I've had both the Pro and now got the Storm and to me they look to have exactly the same waste tank structure. But again, its best you ask Matt at CleanSmart to be sure.

Yes, you can run 50ft hose with the Pro, I was doing that for around two years with no problem. I would recomend you get 2inch hose though and the extra width does make a difference.

I mainly use the 25ft which is 1.5inch. But i'm going to be choping the 50ft (2inch) in half, screwing new cuffs on and use 25ft of 2inch. Then join them up when the 50ft is needed.

Tony

tim handley

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 09:12:35 pm »
 can i also ask what difference you notice between using the storm, having gone from the pro??
oh, and thanks for your post!!!!