Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rb4no

don't laugh it's only an idea!!! for now....
« on: March 21, 2013, 06:44:44 pm »
hi all, been working on pressure washing side of things for just over a year and just launched a window cleaning and wheelie bin business to complement. In time I would also like to branch into carpet cleaning in order to have a rounded cleaning business. Now I took stock of my equipment and realised that with some tweeking I may already have the basis of a steam cleaning machine at least just to try out at home etc to get a taste (training aside of course). I presently have a triple motor Numatic NT series vacuum adapted for water extraction, I also have installed a sump pump inside in order to have continuous extraction and evacuation of water whilst pressure washing.

My question is would this vacuum along with my pressure washer kit with hot water diesel boiler make a half decent steam extracting machine? The vac on spec works at just over 230 cfm and my p washers and boiler are more than upto the job of making steam etc. I have some 2 inch and 1,5 inch vac hoses.  I guess I've answered my own question in so much that in theory it ought to work quite well but what are your thoughts apart from the system looking a bit adhoc and agricultural??? I appreciate I'd need to get wands and solution hose etc plus some chems and training in due course.

If you want to take the mick please do, but then add something constructive afterwards!!!! tah everyone

Paul Moss

Re: don't laugh it's only an idea!!! for now....
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 06:49:18 pm »
i think thats a great idea. if you can play around with the cfm a bit  and then fit it all in a frame, you could call it something like errm, ermm
A truckmount ;)

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 06:53:41 pm »
It depends what pressure you need to get heat, I clean at between 200-300 psi you could push it a bit further but it's the recovery that would be a concern. Flushing cold of course no problem but again a 250 psi average would be preferable. Russ Chadd has some experience of this and i'm sure he will be along...

rb4no

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:40:04 pm »
encouraging so far, my boiler kicks in at very low flow. saying that the lower the flow the higher the temp, is that an issue on some fabrics? To give you an idea I have to be very careful if using very low flow and trailing hoses across a lawn cos it'll kill the grass !!

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 12:10:16 am »
Yes high heat will effect fabrics/some dyes and scorch pile fabrics. Heat set twist piles will damage too, I really only use 'tap hot' water so have never had any problems, easy to protect grass and carpets where the solution hose is trailing by putting that pipe insulation on, cheaper than buying specialsit hoses. If you can control the temp that would be much better.

rb4no

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 12:46:05 am »
crumbs you not sleeping either!! another question I have is what sort of flow do portables and Tm's have at the wand at say 300 to 400 psi?

john martin

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 01:14:12 am »

Not sure at that exact PSI  , but the usual portable pumps used are rated  from about 1.2 u.s GPM  to around 2.2 for the biggest  .
Truckmounts  ....  perhaps a bit more   ;D