Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Hallam

What porty to buy?
« on: March 20, 2013, 06:40:30 pm »
I`m wanting to buy a porty - and am considering a powr flyte PFX1350PH (500psi) from Amtech and would appreciate any feedback on the machine or the company`s service

Russ Chadd

Re: What porty to buy?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:00:15 pm »
The question you need to ask yourself is.... what sort of work will you be using it for?
Several things you will need to consider before you spend your hard earned cash...

Will the machine be used for just carpet cleaning or will you also be cleaning tile and grout? any of the top end machines such as the Storm and jag have 800 psi pumps which are useful for hard floor cleaning.
Will you be removing the machine from the van or will it be used as a van mount? again the two mentioned machines are optimized to use long lengths of hoses.
A machine which can auto dump and fill will save you valuable down time.

pro-fresh

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:56:02 pm »
I have never owned a Powr- flite but I imagine it would be ok with those vacs and pump, there is one for sale at Cleansmart Supplies,and it comes with hoses and a wand.
http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Ex_showroom_and_reconditioned_machines.html
I am the universe expressing itself as a carpet cleaner.

www.pro-fresh.co.uk

Joe W Brown

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:32:01 pm »
Airflex storm has done me well, although I have nothing to compare it too. Cleansmart are a very good company to deal with in my experience.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:54:09 pm »
I recently took delivery of an Ashby's Enforcer, it is well designed and offers great performance... lots of choice out there, i would certainly be trying out a few machines before you make your mind up 

john martin

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 12:17:08 am »

Is that your Enforcer video i found on youtube Russ , looks like its working well .

Did you consider the inbuilt V2  ...  although its best external , you could probably use both heaters( immersion and external steammate )  at the same time in some places .

Russ Chadd

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 12:31:13 am »
 The tank has a 3 kw immersion heater which can heat a full tank of cold water to around 60 deg C in around 30 - 40 mins.
The V2 is best placed closer to the wand to maximise temperature and when both heaters are working together then a constant supply of steaming hot water is supplied to the wand.
I wouldn't suggest a built in V2 unless you are working with hose lengths of 25'... plus the external V2 can be used with other machines.

Reno's Carpet Care

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 02:17:22 am »
In the states I have a Mytee 1001 Speedster.  I have a Shazaam vac booster on top of it, a Cross American Vac Booster in front of it  The pump in the Mytee has been upgraded to a 250 PSI unit and of course I have a 2000 Watt heater inside that Speedster. 

I see carpet cleaning units as stereo components.  No one company is 100% the answer.  Together, some can really do it for you. 

Oh, and I do use a Rotovac Power Wand
Member Very Low Moisture Carpet Cleaners Association
http://www.vlmcca.org

heritagecleaning

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 08:05:37 am »
In the states I have a Mytee 1001 Speedster.  I have a Shazaam vac booster on top of it, a Cross American Vac Booster in front of it  The pump in the Mytee has been upgraded to a 250 PSI unit and of course I have a 2000 Watt heater inside that Speedster. 

I see carpet cleaning units as stereo components.  No one company is 100% the answer.  Together, some can really do it for you. 

Oh, and I do use a Rotovac Power Wand

How many power cords is that running?

Chris Hallam

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 11:25:23 am »
That`s running 2 power cords - one for the machine and one for the heater

john martin

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 11:56:22 am »
That`s running 2 power cords - one for the machine and one for the heater

In case this gets confusing  ....

The original machine u mentioned , the powerflite would be two cords ...

Russ's Enforcer would be one cord for machine another for the immersion heater + a third when he uses his v2 steammate .

Renos American setup with the boosters would be around four cords . @ 120v they have to draw twice the amps that we do at 230v so the U.S heated speedster runs lower powered  two stage vacs . He may also have to seek out separate circuits  for components , that would not be as necessary here .

Darren O

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 01:44:01 pm »
When the Enforcer first came out i spoke to the guy from Ashbys cant remember his name iam sure he said it was 1 power lead for the imersion heater and the steammate but you couldnt use both at the same time.

john martin

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 01:49:16 pm »
When the Enforcer first came out i spoke to the guy from Ashbys cant remember his name iam sure he said it was 1 power lead for the imersion heater and the steammate but you couldnt use both at the same time.

If you opt for the Enforcer with the immersion and the steammate built in  ....  then the two heaters would be on a three way switch , you could only use one at a time as two on one cord would be 6000w .

But if you opt for just the immersion built in  , and then buy the external steammate , you can use both at the same time as they are on separate cords  .

Darren O

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 01:54:37 pm »
When using a porty 95% of the time i dont go above 40ft of vac hose so prefer to have the inline heater built in thats why i use a Pwerflight with perfect heat coils the machine is amazing for heat.

Darren O

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 01:59:05 pm »
The only thing that puts me off the enforcer is its a similar build to the Hydramaster Raptor i used to have one they were great but a nightmare to get up stairs.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 03:55:31 pm »
The whole idea of a powerful porty is that you can avoid the stairs and simply run longer hoses, my Enforcer machine has two power cords. 1 for the vacs and pump and the other for the immersion heater.

Set the machine up at the foot of the stairs, fill the solution tank with warm water if available and turn on the heater... 30 litres will be piping hot within 20 mins.
50' of solution hose then connects from the machine up to the V2 , the further 25' then connects to the wand...

The problem i see with the perfect heat coils is that they restrict airflow around the motors and store heat... this cant be good for the motors surely?

Darren O

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 05:12:13 pm »
I average about 18-24 months per vac on my Powerflight never had a problem as for leaving your powerful porty at the bottom of the stairs thats a bit hard when your in a high rise tenament 4 flights up dont think your 50ft vac hose is gonna cut it.

john martin

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 06:11:57 pm »

A lightweight backup is probably  the best option if u run a full size machine ...

I spotted this Australian ( re badged Mytee M12 )  with mad stairclimbing wheels

wonder how effective they are  ...

http://steamaster.com.au/cleaning-equipment/carpet-cleaning-equipment/portable-carpet-cleaning-equipment/powerclean-force/

Russ Chadd

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 06:56:16 pm »
I average about 18-24 months per vac on my Powerflight never had a problem as for leaving your powerful porty at the bottom of the stairs thats a bit hard when your in a high rise tenament 4 flights up dont think your 50ft vac hose is gonna cut it.

True... but then most high rise buildings usually have lift access, the same problem is going to effect a truck mounter too.
Unless of course you choose to buy a small, portable yet powerful machine which can easily be carried... Jag cub or Alltec Express maybe?

jim mca

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 07:23:24 pm »
Russ

Darren is in Scotland most flats have no lifts and are normally
5 stories high and parking can be a nightmare.