Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carpet Dawg

Re: It turned GREEN!!!!
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2013, 08:50:43 pm »
oops forgot to update.

Good news and bad.

The good news is that the green evenutaly came out and the customer was happy. But the bad news is that it was slightly discoloured in the end. But not too bad at all actauly, the area was near a window so the light coming in disguised it even more so your eyes wheren't drawn to it.

I was there for an hour and half with several chems, hair dryer in hand and numatic spotter on standby!

Out of all the chems I used "spray n go" (sod met) was the only thing giving me a result so stuck with if till it was gone. (YES, the bugger that started it all!)

I took pictures on my phone but you can hardley see anything! In unatural light the stain cannot be seen.

Lesson learned? Always rinse stains with plain water before using sod-met on them! IF that was the cause! Not 100% sure though.

Thanks to Paul Moss for his emails and advice and to John Kelly with the phone call, and everyone else that chipped in on here.

Paul
I used chemspec spray and go and the carpet was wool mix, deffo not 80/20 though!

Scary stories about insurance companies! Also noticed my exenses is £300! Could of probably got than room re-carpeted for less! lol. Insurance is a bit of a rip off eh? Lucky never been in the situation that I needed it. Touching wood.....!

M.Acorn

Re: It turned GREEN!!!!
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 06:25:22 pm »
Result !!

Yeah carpet can be cheap,my g/f's lounge is 16x12 and it cost her £100 for a berber.
Which I fitted  ;D
What goes around comes around