Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe W Brown

How does this look?
« on: March 17, 2013, 11:55:52 pm »
People on here where advising that I make my website more friendly.

I took on the advice - http://www.carpetranger.com

Does it look ok? I added the video, testimonial and 'welcome too..' bit.   Its a real testimonial, not that anyone will know that.

Ive yet to re-write the 'safe' page. That is next on list.

Richard Cole

Re: How does this look?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 07:36:55 am »
Your telephone number at the top is tiny and difficult to see, makes it difficult for people to contact you.  Most people decide if they like a site within 3 seconds and then move on.  Also the main picture at the top with the "wand" does not look professional it looks like one off a domestic machine that the customers would purchase themselves.  Just a couple of points.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

gaz1984mcc

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:12:07 am »
People on here where advising that I make my website more friendly.

I took on the advice - http://www.carpetranger.com

Does it look ok? I added the video, testimonial and 'welcome too..' bit.   Its a real testimonial, not that anyone will know that.

Ive yet to re-write the 'safe' page. That is next on list.

Looks good Joe although i don't think there's enough text for seo. However I think from a customers perspective it looks professional so well done mate. Did you make the site and video yourself?

Gary

JandS

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 10:56:52 am »
Get your business name top and centre.
Make your phone number bigger and put it
below your business name.
Get rid of that annoying pop up.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

dan paton

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 11:33:48 am »
I think the video is brilliant joe . phone number needs to be bigger though . who done the video it's so good I want one
       dan

Mark Blazey

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 01:09:59 pm »
I've seen your website a few times when searching carpet cleaners in Norwich.

I don't understand the customer log on part, I think customers prefer giving contact details then click send, may put people off having to create a password.

The stock images, could you find a similar photo for front page but with carpet cleaning wand instead of a vacuum cleaner?

Unless I've missed it, you haven't mentioned insurance or training?

I agree with the others chat pop up is annoying, realistically how off is someone on the other end of chat to give a quote?

Mark might like to speak to you as he's looking at new machine, Airflex is on the list....

Kind Regards Vicki (Mark's better half)

Btw are you Heartsease born and breed? I went to Heartsease High.....

Joe W Brown

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 02:19:21 pm »
I've seen your website a few times when searching carpet cleaners in Norwich.

I don't understand the customer log on part, I think customers prefer giving contact details then click send, may put people off having to create a password.

The stock images, could you find a similar photo for front page but with carpet cleaning wand instead of a vacuum cleaner?

Unless I've missed it, you haven't mentioned insurance or training?

I agree with the others chat pop up is annoying, realistically how off is someone on the other end of chat to give a quote?

Mark might like to speak to you as he's looking at new machine, Airflex is on the list....

Kind Regards Vicki (Mark's better half)

Btw are you Heartsease born and breed? I went to Heartsease High.....

Hi Vicki

The online quotation and online booking system is for registered customers only. After registering a user can get an instant online quote, based on many variables & then choose an available day and time. Only one person has ever done this!!!

Ive been looking for a new stock image to go on there. Ill carry on hunting this evening.

I used to mention insurance and training on the homepage. I will put them back on there I think.

Live chat is monitored almost 24 hours (ive been known to be woken up in twilight hours from someone wanting a quote. I gave them a quote and went back to sleep!) Almost 50% of my custom comes through the online chat popup.

I was bought up near Diss. Have lived in Heartsease 3-4 years now.

Mind me asking what your company is? I might have bumped in to your partner before.

Joe

Mark Blazey

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 02:29:03 pm »
We're TopMark cleaning

www.topmarkcleaning.co.uk just had redesign, content being done by copywriter which should go on within a few weeks.

Joe W Brown

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 02:50:58 pm »
We're TopMark cleaning

www.topmarkcleaning.co.uk just had redesign, content being done by copywriter which should go on within a few weeks.

Just sent a text message to the mobile number displayed on your site. Hope you got it ok.

dan paton

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 03:12:45 pm »
joe who done the video?

Joe W Brown

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 03:37:36 pm »
Thanks for your kind words Dan.

A video designer did it :)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 04:42:18 pm »
Nobody believes testimonial from private individuals, they just think they are made up.

If you have one Use a testimonial from a well known company who local people will recognise as a upper class establishment.

I use the Beverley Arms  Hotel which is best hotel in my town..... Everyone knows it
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Joe W Brown

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 04:48:16 pm »
Nobody believes testimonial from private individuals, they just think they are made up.

If you have one Use a testimonial from a well known company who local people will recognise as a upper class establishment.

I use the Beverley Arms  Hotel which is best hotel in my town..... Everyone knows it

Would you say an private individuals quote might actually work against me (ie smells of scam) or is it worth keeping up anyway?

I will aim to get one from a recognised organisation asap :)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 04:58:53 pm »
Keep it, but you can be crafty and use it better, put an address with it that helps put across another message

If you want he people of the next town to know you cover there area then use a testimonioal from that town as an example.

By the way it's easy to get business testimonials just ask them if you can use something they say.... I have never had anyone say no

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mark pritchard

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 05:54:04 pm »
Average price for a medium size lounge, £20-25, why work for nothing, you should times that buy at least 3,

wynne jones

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 05:59:25 pm »
I would take that annoying reveal for 'chat' and just stick your number on there and say call me now. Have it come up after about 10 seconds. Make sure its clickable for mobile devices.

Also the first time I loaded the site it seemed very sluggish. I would check that out too.

Start AB testing straight away.

Generally though a fantastic effort.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

james roffey

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 07:01:04 pm »

Mike i disagree, maybe some people do think testimonials are made up but i have lost count of the number who have said i liked the testimonials that's why i used you.

Joe W Brown

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 07:10:22 pm »
Average price for a medium size lounge, £20-25, why work for nothing, you should times that buy at least 3,

Im struggling to find customers even at those prices, at the moment.

As demand goes up I plan too up prices also.

Joe W Brown

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 07:19:54 pm »
I would take that annoying reveal for 'chat' and just stick your number on there and say call me now. Have it come up after about 10 seconds. Make sure its clickable for mobile devices.

Also the first time I loaded the site it seemed very sluggish. I would check that out too.

Start AB testing straight away.

Generally though a fantastic effort.

*Hector*

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 07:24:25 pm »

Im struggling to find customers even at those prices, at the moment.

As demand goes up I plan too up prices also.

Why not try it the other way round??

I used to be one of the cheapies on here... but I got more business when I doubled my price...
I was told by a customer that they nearly didn't book me as I was too cheap, and they didn't know if the job would be good enough... That was my cue to put up my prices.....

Just a thought..
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(