Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clive ware

Yell.com
« on: March 17, 2013, 08:02:46 pm »
Anyone advertising on it any more? I`ve just had a renewell price of £228.00
and I honestly dont think I had one single call from it. Cant see me renewing.

Mark Blazey

Re: Yell.com
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 08:07:36 pm »
We've done a free listing, http://www.yell.com/b/TopMark+Cleaning-Carpet+and+Upholstery+Cleaners-Norwich-NR12LL-5051187/
Loads of info on there, must remember to remove crappy vids on there this week.

heritagecleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 08:13:37 pm »
Never been in it before. I saw a rep last week, quoted me £507.00.

I was going to go for it but others have since talked me out of it.

CraigHaycock

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 09:05:18 pm »
Im spending £13,000 with them, I don't recommend it just working to pay yell, about to tell them to shove it

Mark Blazey

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 09:20:37 pm »
We've had nothing but problems with their sales reps, they offered to redesign our website, promises of not to pay unless we were 100% satisfied, it was rubbish, they even used an odd YouTube clip from 2007 and tried to tell me it was new!
They are currently trying to suck up to us but they on't be getting any money out of us.
Have you received a new book? It's very small and cc section is only a few pages for our area.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 09:30:42 pm »
I use yell.com for our floor sanding business.

We have a sponsored listing and the analytics tell me that it costs me around £5 per lead.

I know others that have tried it for carpet cleaning but dont get a return.

Clive - can they not tell you how many calls you have had or is it your std number thats listed?

clive ware

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 09:53:35 pm »
Yes it`s just my standard number. I try to ask everyone where they heard of me and I dont remember anyone saying they looked on yell.com.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 09:58:04 pm »
I know what your saying. We do same and rarely are we told yell.com however for certain search terms yell is still the top listing so its handy to have the tracking number to find out exactly how many of the online searches actually come through them.

Hilton

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 10:54:41 pm »
Anyone advertising on it any more? I`ve just had a renewell price of £228.00
and I honestly dont think I had one single call from it. Cant see me renewing.

It's a no brainer, not one single call, why on earth would you even consider renewing....
Tell them if they renew it for nothing you will pay than on results, you know what the answer will be..

robert meldrum

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 08:50:21 am »
If you post an enquiry for carpet cleaning into the search engines you are likely to find yell appearing with local listings so you might be getting work from yell without realising it.

wynne jones

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 02:14:38 pm »
For the cost of buying a local number you can know for sure where your leads are coming from.

Most people cant remember how they found you, they usually say I just typed in carpet cleaner.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

heritagecleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 03:18:00 pm »
When  the 'Yell question' comes up it seems to me, by the time the thread has exhausted itself, that it's generally 10 'against' to 1 'for'. Every time.

david@zap-clean

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 07:56:57 am »
When  the 'Yell question' comes up it seems to me, by the time the thread has exhausted itself, that it's generally 10 'against' to 1 'for'. Every time.

Are you sure?  I was of the same opinion for a while... then I started using google analytics to monitor traffic sources to my website - Yell.com referalls were very high on that list.

When a customer says they heard about you 'on the internet', what do you think they mean?

And - are you sure you know what you're buying from yell.com?
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com