Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

what should i do
« on: February 17, 2013, 10:05:34 pm »
one of the lads has been off with chest infection few days last week but let him keep hold of the van

been having trouble producing enough water lately for the whole week so i text him tonite when i was at work asking a favour that he runs up and fills up the vivaro with the bigger tank for two reasons too save time in morning and too also let me fill static tank another 500 litres

he refused saying he cant be arsed (basically sat playing fifa prob getting stoned!!) even though ive allowed him use of my vehicle all week to run up to his birds to see his kids etc

im feeling like i wana tell him to do one but i dont think it would be legal in the employment tribunals etc as it isnt his working hours

basically if i hadnt allowed them to take the vans which i had stopped i could have filled the vans myself tonite as i nipped to the unit for an hour
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

CLEANCARE WC

Re: what should i do
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:09:56 pm »
one of the lads has been off with chest infection few days last week but let him keep hold of the van

been having trouble producing enough water lately for the whole week so i text him tonite when i was at work asking a favour that he runs up and fills up the vivaro with the bigger tank for two reasons too save time in morning and too also let me fill static tank another 500 litres

he refused saying he cant be arsed (basically sat playing fifa prob getting stoned!!) even though ive allowed him use of my vehicle all week to run up to his birds to see his kids etc

im feeling like i wana tell him to do one but i dont think it would be legal in the employment tribunals etc as it isnt his working hours

basically if i hadnt allowed them to take the vans which i had stopped i could have filled the vans myself tonite as i nipped to the unit for an hour

Ask him if he has heard the expression "you scratch my back,ill scratch yours"? and then tell him he wont be using the van again, and then stick to it. you cant really do anything other than that? your too nice richy a soft touch like me, you have to toughen up!
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:11:02 pm »
i was fuming before if it was within my rights to sack him i would but i dont think it is thts why im asking
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

keyser soze

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:16:46 pm »
no perks mate people abuse them . didnt you have probs with a fuel card.....

richywilts

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 10:25:09 pm »
just checked vehicle trackers and hes been to fill up

;D ;D ;D

think the threat of il drop his days to two days this week and il work instead must have worked as hes had 6 days off this month due to his chest infection coming back haha
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

stuart mc

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 10:31:27 pm »
rich you have some patience mate, my old man would have sacked your whole crew ten times over by now, I remember going to pick up a lad at 5.30 am and he wasn't out and in the van by 5.33 and he was sacked that night ;D and was docked the days pay as my dad just drove away when he did not come out

richywilts

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 10:41:55 pm »
wudnt mind from leaving his house to filling up to getting bk home it took 25 minutes!!

hardly a big ask bout 15 mins of that wud have been driving
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

tompoole

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 07:23:16 am »
Tell him from now the van must stay be left at work and not taken
Home each day. He will soon get picture.
It's classed as a perk by taxman if he takes it home anyhow.
I'm guessing you have it down as a pool van so be doesn't pay tax on private
Mileage . My advice is be a bit tougher and make them appreciate the perks.
Week off with a chest infection is taking the p too if you ask me,
Bit of fresh air would have done him good after a day or two!
This is why I can't employ , I hate it when people take the p...
I would have gone and got van immediately.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 08:11:03 am »
a chest infection shouldnt keep him off work only proper old skool man flu,malaria,noro-virus,bird breeders lung and foot and mouth disease......oh and lazyitis due to smoking too much weed!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 08:33:27 am »
I don't think the lad is gonna be a lot of good to you if he is getting stoned  all the time   ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 08:46:06 am »
Richy give him benefit of the doubt, if he is normally a good worker just let it go this time but if happens again warn him about it and if happens a third time get rid of him. Millions of unemployed who will happily have he's job.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 11:52:11 am »
Would tend to agree with Mick on this. A verbal warning may be in order and if he does not buck up his ideas take it further. It may be worth putting a process down and making everyone aware of it for the future this may help avoid some of these issues.
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

C o z y

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 02:58:53 pm »
Richy, what do you think you should do?
No still don't understand, I must be thick

richywilts

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 03:20:10 pm »
well to be honest i wanted to sack him if he hadnt done it as it was detrimental to the business as i needed to fill it up so i cud fill up the ibc again coz i rely on water being produced at weekends to last me for the week!!

but he did turn up and fill the van so he did listen to me in the end
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

dave0123

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 03:37:09 pm »
It was a Sunday night!! its his own time your not paying him i don't blame him for not wanting to come in. You always let them take a van home you keep saying so its not a "perk" any more.

If your letting things like that get your blood boiling your not going to live very long.
Dave.

C o z y

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 03:37:09 pm »
well to be honest i wanted to sack him if he hadnt done it as it was detrimental to the business as i needed to fill it up so i cud fill up the ibc again coz i rely on water being produced at weekends to last me for the week!!

but he did turn up and fill the van so he did listen to me in the end

So, what next? What will you do?
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Halfadaylee

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 03:39:04 pm »
If you think he was probably getting stoned and you were ok with him driving to save you time the next day, lets hope when he crashes the van and hurts himself or someone else, you come on here and ask what you should do.
If he does that, even in his own time, there would be no way my van would ever go home with him.
Art

ts cleaning

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 05:50:27 pm »
Does he have an actual written contract with you? He's taking liberties either way!

richywilts

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 07:06:14 pm »
If you think he was probably getting stoned and you were ok with him driving to save you time the next day, lets hope when he crashes the van and hurts himself or someone else, you come on here and ask what you should do.
If he does that, even in his own time, there would be no way my van would ever go home with him.
Art

good point to be fair didnt think of that
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Steve Sed

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 07:10:14 pm »
Art
Would you have the same issue with him if he liked to go to the pub?  ::)roll